Sign in to follow this  
De_little_Bubi

Unit initscript for flashlight

Next I tried group this enableGunLights "forceon" in the init box of a leader of a group of units... voila, it worked, but only for the group leader (the guy whose initbox I put it in). I can also just put in this enablegunlights "forceon" and that does the trick as well for each individual unit.

I can copy that behaviour still today...

I pinned it down to some strange "bug" regarding WPs or AI

I got three guys landing with a boat...had the "get out" WP right once, e.g. everyone is on land directly without swimming and all of them had their flashlights on...after fiddling with something else, totally unrelated to this group, the next test play revealed that only the group leader is using the flashlight now... the other two guys strangely need to swim a bit and are not using their flashlight...sometimes one of them gets stuck in the water turning in circles indefinitely (not swimming)

init scripting every single unit does NOT change that fact, once they had to swim they won´t use the flashlight except I put them in combat mode by, say...shooting them :)

all other units, which start on solid ground, do as told

so...has anyone got a solution to this? it´s very frustrating to have seen it work once and not being able to maintain that...