Sign in to follow this  
Neus

Can we expect more content through alpha?

I've been thinking, will more content be added throughout the alpha and all the way up to the final game, or will it be added at each stage? (beta and full game)

Don't get me wrong, it's amazing what we've got to play with now - but can we expect a plane, another weapon or any other kind of asset anytime soon?

It's day one, and I think you misunderstand the purpose to the alpha testing phase, it's not about content itself but rather playing with what there is at the time to try and eliminate as many glitches as possible.

There is lots of unofficial mod content being generated as we speak. Check out

http://www.armaholic.com

and the Arma 3 Mods and User Missions forums on this board. However don't expect BI to make modding issues a first priority. Arma is about community!

It's day one, and I think you misunderstand the purpose to the alpha testing phase, it's not about content itself but rather playing with what there is at the time to try and eliminate as many glitches as possible.

Well, i think i read that stuff will be added gradually, notably planes.

Tell me something I don't know.. 'What there is at the time to try' so what about the other features and assets that they do eventually finish and need testing, do they add them into the alpha or wait until the beta/full game?

That was the question.

@MissionCreep Yeah I've seen some if the stuff that's been created which is great, but I'm more interested in the official stuff tbh

EDIT: @ProfTournesol ahh thanks man

Oh okay, in that case probably so, though I can't see them jumping from one huge batch of content and expecting the smoothest transition, most likely what will happen is content delivered via patches, almost like A2 patches but..larger.

Oh okay, in that case probably so, though I can't see them jumping from one huge batch of content and expecting the smoothest transition, most likely what will happen is content delivered via patches, almost like A2 patches but..larger.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for ;) I've just noticed the Alpha SITREP thread that's stickied, it mentions in there that they will post about 'content additions' and other things, so I guess that's pretty much the answer I wanted!