Sign in to follow this  
luki

SAT Render Map

I updated my old render map for ArmA3 Alpha, usable for sensless stuff or greenscreen tasks.

Use at your own Risk and have fun.

a11eo.jpg58708892.jpg91384087.jpg52626979.jpg

73294658.jpg72004229.jpg55634543.jpg22276059.jpg

sat_render 0.1

Thanks for this mate. :)

Nice idea, this will be perfect for taking screenshots of some of the units i have in the works :)

Awesome! I'm totally going to play around with it and make a little firefight on my desk or something at some point, I just need to figure out how to get the whole camera thing to work properly.

EDIT:

Just a little test. If you're looking at this right after it posts, it may not be done processing but should be shortly.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to seperate the shadow out to control the alpha on that seperately, that'd be awesome. Sometimes the Ultra Key tool does that it'self but the blending on the shadow obviously needs work, because of it being cast on a bright white surface and having some coloration and all that. And yeah, I know the green stuff stays in, that's just me being too lazy to double up the key effect and set it for green.

Really wish there wasn't that damn ugly vignette, but it didn't turn out to be much of a problem.

Here's a more fully realized clip without the dumb backdrop lol. Maybe tomorrow I'll go out and shoot some video on the street and maybe see if I can get a firefight on this. In the meantime, I'll do some stuff with the effects to see if I can get those to key decently, and put those up.

I have to say, if there's any way you could make EVERYTHING completely blue, just one shade, that'd be more useful in my opinion. Maybe a bit more difficult to key, but stuff like tracers could potentially show up better.

It'd be nice to have a better color set-up though. Any way it could be pure black, or perhaps pure blue? Having the different colors is kind of a pain in the ass for keying, especially at the horizon. That green is much too pale to be terribly good for anything, imo.

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

Didnt expected to see use of this so fast but ill do an update with your suggestions.

Intresting stuff you do there :)

Didnt expected to see use of this so fast but ill do an update with your suggestions.

Intresting stuff you do there :)

haha, I have a lot of time on my hands and I've been wanting to play with this kind of stuff for a long while.

Please take a look at this version. Completle blue this time (r0,g0,b255).

Didn't tested ingame, let me know what colours match best.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71346

And whats about the sun object, is it interupting or do you think different light settings are needed?

Edited by Atsche

If there's a way to get rid of the lens flare/glare, that'd be best, but if not it's not really an issue. Easy enough to work around.

Pure blue is awesome! I'll try it out with an explosion to see how much easier and the difference in the final result. Thanks duder! Looks like I won't be doing the stuff I had hoped to do today, going outside and shooting a few backdrops for things, but I'll make use of this over the next few days and drop it into this thread when I get something done :) Nice job on the map! I look forward to playing with it :D

Hmm, this may not be possible, but if there's any way you could make some sort of "wall" around the edge of the map, even if it was just very steam terrain, that would help. There's seems to be an issue with rendering particles over empty space. Still, the blue is way better. Much easier to key.

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

Atsche, YOU ARE MY HERO!

I will love you forever, thank you so much!

this is sweet stuff.

is there any option to "turn off the sun"?

glare and sun should be removed

Hmm, this may not be possible, but if there's any way you could make some sort of "wall" around the edge of the map, even if it was just very steam terrain, that would help. There's seems to be an issue with rendering particles over empty space. Still, the blue is way better. Much easier to key.

1000m high wall around the edge

test please: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71389

And whats about the sun object, is it interupting or do you think different light settings are needed?

I was testing out some new units today, and I noticed they appeared very dark while using this map, shadow was almost none existent to (everywhere) leading me to believe the sun is always top down/above the player?]

Will test this version and report back. https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71389

EDIT:

Much better now with the blue wall and no sun, cheers! :)

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Still works for A2OA =)

Just bugging me with a "Addon 'sat_map_render' requires addon 'A3_Data_F', think you can get rid of that, or package a A2 Version? (or link me there, what i got is from Armaholic)

As the Map works just fine i guess 'required' is a bit to harsh here :)

Thanks Atsche, I using this map for modding and take some photos!:)

Didn't BIS add green screen stuff in the engine or something with a startup parameter to Arma3? I thought I saw this months ago but I can't find any reference to it.