Sign in to follow this  
Partybooper

5.1 / Surround sound not working

Is there a way to force the sound to use my 5.1 setup? It's correctly configured in Windows and works flawless in ArmA 2. In the ArmA 3 Alpha, however, everything seems to be coming from the front speakers (sounds like a regular stereo mix to me).

I didn't find a way to switch to 5.1 sound in the ingame menu and couldn't find a line for this in the Arma3Alpha.cfg or in my player profile.

I'm using a Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe btw, the system is Windows 7 Professional x64.

Edited by Partybooper

Same issue. On my normal headset (not 5.1) I'm able to tell when someone's shooting behind me, while on my 5.1 speaker set, I cannot.

Working fine here Asus Xonar DS 7.1 DTS and also working fine with Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset.

Works fine here also. Asus XonarHDAV with PCM out ot my reciever.

Having issues with the sound, only seems to be a recent thing. Worked before. Now I don't hear any sound from rear or middle.

Same here with a Logitech G35 in stereo or surround mode. Doesn't happen with a regular set of headphones. Testing on the firing range, the range officer's voiceover can not be heard if you look straight at him. Turning to one side or the other makes him barely audible.

sometimes is seems that I hear ''phantom'' noises, like helicopter engine from certain direction, but there is nothing there, and it also seems to drops the volume for no reason than it and comes back up by itself.

MOBO: Gigabyte X58 UD3R r:1.6

Sound: Integrated/Realtek Semiconductor Corp. High Definition Audio System Software Ver: R2.65 5.1

Realtek HD Audio Driver support all of Realtek HD Audio Codec .

1. Vista/Windows 7 WHQL Supporting: ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC886, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC260, ALC262,ALC267, ALC268, ALC269, ALC270, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887,ALC670, ALC275

2. Windows 2000/XP WHQL Supporting: ALC880, ALC882, ALC883, ALC885, ALC886, ALC888, ALC889, ALC861VC, ALC861VD, ALC660, ALC662, ALC663, ALC665, ALC260, ALC262, ALC267,ALC268, ALC269, ALC270, ALC272, ALC273, ALC887,ALC670, ALC275

3. HDMI Device WHQL Support: ATI HDMI Devices

4. OS Supporting: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows7 - x86/x64

5. Pack with Microsoft High Definition Audio UAAV1.0a(5013)

Having issues with the sound, only seems to be a recent thing. Worked before. Now I don't hear any sound from rear or middle.
Same here with a Logitech G35 in stereo or surround mode. Doesn't happen with a regular set of headphones. Testing on the firing range, the range officer's voiceover can not be heard if you look straight at him. Turning to one side or the other makes him barely audible.

What build are you guys using? I swear it was working for me yesterday, but today I switched to the dev build and now half my speakers are silent despite sounds obviously being placed on that channel by the game (meaning if I look at a guy while he talks I can't hear him at all, he's clearly on the center speaker but the sound isn't getting there, turn to the side and he starts coming through the front side speaker).

What build are you guys using? I swear it was working for me yesterday, but today I switched to the dev build and now half my speakers are silent despite sounds obviously being placed on that channel by the game (meaning if I look at a guy while he talks I can't hear him at all, he's clearly on the center speaker but the sound isn't getting there, turn to the side and he starts coming through the front side speaker).

I'm on the dev build. The issue you're describing is exactly what's happening for me. The weird thing is, if I start the game up using a non-USB set of headphones, the problem goes away. Not sure if it's something to do with USB headsets or if it is a surround sound headset thing. Other people have reported the issue here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?157247-Sourround-sound-problems-DEVs-take-notice

I have the same issues. only stereo sound even though my sound system is set up to 5.1

this should be a high priority fix

The game is still having major issues with 5.1 and 7.1 surround. You can hear clicking/stutter/static/ups & downs in the sound and volume. Its been like this since Alpha. Reinstalling Drivers will NOT fix the problem, so don't suggest that.

Same here.

5.1 and 7.1 make you deaf to non-radio talking in front of you even in 1m distance.

^^ likewise. i've been looking at miller sideways so i can hear him. (actually it only works if he is to my left)

Any ticket we can vote?

^^ likewise. i've been looking at miller sideways so i can hear him. (actually it only works if he is to my left)

Any ticket we can vote?

The same here.