l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

Yes i use ACRE, ASR AI 3, Massi NATO & Spetsnaz weapons and A3MP (maps from A2). I've tryed without the mods and its the same!

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

I'll re-check without mod's!

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Confirmed! No MODS and they still ignore me, only when i take over them and get back they see me and shoot!

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Any clues Letranger!?

It's the same! The AI dosen't recon the enemy faction if it's a player, if it's an AI it recons and shoots!

Is this a VTS problem!? I tryed this in the editor offline and the AI responds to the warning shots, and then shoot's me... it dosen't ignores me! And in this situation if i spawn an NATO AI they shoot him right away. The AI only shoots the players after i take control of them! This started after the 1.12 patch!

Hey Nuno, so I did try tro repro your video, same position, some group, vanilla Player, on vanilla Dedicated, and nothing gone wrong, they spotted me after spawn and began to engage me. Is your dedicated running with mods?

L etranger,

Found one possible bug.

When playing with CSAT, changing the roles does not load the backpacks even if the backpacks are available at the shop.

Hey Nuno, so I did try tro repro your video, same position, some group, vanilla Player, on vanilla Dedicated, and nothing gone wrong, they spotted me after spawn and began to engage me. Is your dedicated running with mods?

Very, very strange!! Did you had an HC!?!? I use an HC! I'll try without the HC to see if it changes something!

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Done some testing and THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN ALTIS! All the other maps Stratis, Takistan, Utes, Chernarus, Zagrabad, etc. works OK! I'll Upload the mission to the server again, later and re-test! ;) Sorry for all the trouble!

Edited by Nuno Basto

Were you using a Headless Client!?

Sorry I forgot to mention. No, I'm not using HC.

Ok! Thanks! I've uploaded the mission to the server! When i get home i'll check if it's ok, if not i'll try with the HC off!

L'etranger, when I try to build a mission where I spawned the Nimitz on Mana Island, the Nimitz object (ie the yellow square) is properly placed but the real obejct (ie the carrier) is placed at the bottom left of the map (in 0,0 I assume). Is there something you can do about it ?

Thx.

PS: the first few steps of the mission:

[[1,[1e+008,1e+008,1e+008,1e+008],[],[],[],[]],[0,true,"WEST","BLU_F","Ship","JDG_carrier_Spawner",4,"Safe","Limited","",0.5,"FORMATION",0,50,[4246.75,614.805,24.6165],[4246.75,614.805,24.6165],"","",false],[0,true,"WEST","BLU_F","Empty","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F",0,"Safe","Limited","",0.5,"FORMATION",0,5,[4326.29,558.458,40.4195],[4326.29,558.458,40.4195],"","",false],[0,true,"RESISTANCE","IND_F","Empty","I_Heli_light_03_F",28,"Safe","Limited","",0.5,"FORMATION",0,5,[4276.24,581.459,40.0252],[4276.24,581.459,40.0252],"","",false],[0,true,"RESISTANCE","IND_F","Empty","I_Heli_light_03_F",28,"Safe","Limited","",0.5,"FORMATION",0,5,[4295.64,581.689,40.044],[4295.64,581.689,40.044],"","",false],[0,true,"RESISTANCE","IND_F","Empty","I_Heli_light_03_F",28,"Safe","Limited","",0.5,"FORMATION",0,5,[4312.79,581.305,40.0534],[4312.79,581.305,40.0534],"","",false],[0,true,"RESISTANCE","IND_F","Empty","I_Heli_light_03_F",28,"Safe","Limited","",0.5,"FORMATION",0,5,[4327.71,581.887,40.0503],[4327.71,581.887,40.0503],"","",false]]

@1212 : I think I see where the issue is, I will investigate to find a fix.

@Nuno : I don't encouter issue with headless client on my side. Ensure your headless client is running correctly with goods addons/mods and have correct link with the server

Thx L etranger !

Just for info, I realized that spawning the Nimitz through VTS creates it properly while creating a duplicate in 0,0.

When "building" the mission, we only get the "copy" in 0,0.

@Nuno : I don't encouter issue with headless client on my side. Ensure your headless client is running correctly with goods addons/mods and have correct link with the server

The HC is working FINE in all the other maps!!! So don't understand,...

I'm runnig and integrity check on A3 in the server!

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

One file currupted!!!!! Lets see if it solves this situation!

L etranger,

I saw that in a older version of VTS you did have a section for Triggers. Are you planning to bring that option back?

I'm planning a few "sabotage" missions and it will really help full to be able to trigger scripts when a condition is met.

Example kill lights in a town when a transformer is blown.

@1212 : I checked on Altis I didn't encountered any issue with the Nimitz (I dont have mana though) , does it work on Altis on your side ?

@theNach : Nah trigger are too slow / unreliable and long to configure, it's better to use a custom script with zone and launch it by hand as GM when the player does their objective ( you can monitor them with the logs and the different init script, like target)

@Nuno : You'r HC seems to be busted for some reason, I guess the AI are not reacting because the HC just can't compute them for some reason (is your HC setup loading Altis data correctly, is it sync with the server does it get network data etc...)

Let's see with today's Altis update if it fixes the problem! Hum,... you gave me an idea,... i'll delete all the missions from the /arma3/MPmissions so the HC has to download again from the server! Is there another place on the HD where arma "stores" the downloaded missons!?

Let's see with today's Altis update if it fixes the problem! Hum,... you gave me an idea,... i'll delete all the missions from the /arma3/MPmissions so the HC has to download again from the server! Is there another place on the HD where arma "stores" the downloaded missons!?

Should be in users/xXX/applocal/Arma3/missioncache or something like that HC also generated RTP and log that could help you. Maybe your HC is stuck in the lobby

Should be in users/xXX/applocal/Arma3/missioncache or something like that HC also generated RTP and log that could help you. Maybe your HC is stuck in the lobby

Thankx! I put -nologs,... but i'll remove it to see if i can get some clues!