l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

Hehe sorry .. I thought you knew how to use Zeus. As timh1203 says press Y.

EDIT Found a little error in the file ... works perfectly now.

Edited by Kremator

Hey Kremator the VTS Zeus works great, just tested it this morning. Did you reupload the map after you found the little error?

Hehe sorry .. I thought you knew how to use Zeus. As timh1203 says press Y.

EDIT Found a little error in the file ... works perfectly now.

Opps sorry! Bit of a zeus noob here.

Yes timh ... sorry my fault. I use a txt editor to change/add parts to missions, and forgot to update one part !

Should work flawlessly now :)

I have tried the merge VTS/ZEUS two hours last night.

As I have already said, I thing that the two tools are perfectly complementary.

The VTS is better and go further on some issues (automated Patrols (patrol building, circle...), script, shop, 3D placement (in building -> will be even better in a next VTS version) ...) and Zeus is better on other points (waypoint management, collections (outposts), effects (AG strikes, modify on the fly, copy / pasted...)

Basically I thing that VTS is Better to create the mission and Zeus to add modifications during it.

So use the two is so good..!

Edited by gonza

The most efficient controlled mission went 33 :

-Fixed : GM object marker not at good position when spawning OBJECT type in 3D on dedicated.

-Improvement : GM Musics list are also build from mission CfgMusics now (useful when musics are integrated directly into mission)

-Improvement : Fast rope now give better visual feedback (thanks to Mach1muscle351)

-Fixed : Shop sometime unable to buy magazine having the same name class as a weapon

-Fixed : Movable object carried by soldiers doesn't arm vehicle anymore on contact

-Improvement : Client should not spawn in water anymore on initial launch with high network imprecision setting on the server

-Fixed : VTS Revive should not stuck anymore to revive player with 0 live left

-Improvement : Fix Swim Animation Bug now also Fix FreeFall Animation Bug

-Improvement : Spawning manned Plane/Helicopter in 3D will not spawn them flying anymore (usefull for ready to take of plane / helico)

-Improvement : Leader of group with no order will not prone and stay in the empty anymore (with AI Smart Waypoint management)

-Change : Renamed VTS_IstransportVehicle script by VTS_isTransportTaxi

-Shop Improvement : Buying a weapon is now offering a magazine free of charge loaded in the weapon (if you have enough space in your inventory)

-Change class Improvement : Listing is now sorted by Alphabetical order

-Fixed : Delete sometime was not deleting correctly the crew of vehicle in certain situation

-Fixed : Vehicle Skill not read correctly on property panel in certain situation

-Fixed : Change class, removing backpack with scope = 1 even if parent backpack was available in the shop

-Improvement : Seek And Destroy order will now hunt nearby enemy indefinitely (with AI Smart Waypoint management)

-Improvement : Unit with no order or having a short patrol will now hold their initial position in combat (with AI Smart Waypoint management)

-Fixed : Issue with "populate with civilian" when no vehicle is know in the selected faction

-Improvement : "Populate with civilian" spawn 50% more NPC and moving NPC uped from 10% to 30% (Be carefull with big radius)

-Update : Updated UPSMON behavior script to lastest (thanks Azroul13)

-New feature : vts_IsNavigableCargoHalo which allow plane or chopper with navigable rear cargo to be used as static halo/para drop point. (Only work with vehicle you can walk inside)

-Shop New feature : "Import/Export Loadout", usefull to share gears setups, as text, outside of the game.

-Shop Improvement : Better detection of Uniform compatibility with the player

-Fixed : Shop giving backpack without removing the content of the backpack.

-Fixed : Terrain Thermal issue at night

-New feature : After Action Report, available for GMs. Allow to record part or all of the mission to replay it later (Playback are broadcasted to all connectect player, Export/Import are only functionnal with @iniDBI mod due to their large size).

-Added Zeus compatibility if detected on the installation.

-Improvement : GMs markers are now more dynamic and show up all spawned mission objects

-New feature : GMs can now change Wind strength

-Improvement : E and R keys can now be used to cycle through unit to spawn in 3D spawning

-Improvement : Added a confirmation to the "send player to base" to avoid miss click

-Improvement : Filtering object now is caching results for faster research with the same filter

-Fixed : GMs UI Help lines alignement

Edited by L etranger

Some really good improvements Letranger ... thanks !! Especially pleased to see the updated UPSMON.

After downloading new version from armaholic inside zip file I have co320_vts40_A3_beta32.altis.pbo, not tested yet if version is correct. I think it should say beta33??

After downloading new version from armaholic inside zip file I have co320_vts40_A3_beta32.altis.pbo, not tested yet if version is correct. I think it should say beta33??

Yes it should. Try redownloading from the direct link.

The most efficient controlled mission went 33 :

-Shop New feature : "Import/Export Loadout", usefull to share gears setups, as text, outside of the game.

-New feature : After Action Report, available for GMs. Allow to record part or all of the mission to replay it later (Playback are broadcasted to all connectect player, Export/Import are only functionnal with @iniDBI mod due to their large size).

-Added Zeus compatibility if detected on the installation.

Those 3 are just awesome ! Thx again L etranger !

Good news!

One question If I want to export saved server loadouts in version 32 the new version, how can I do it?

Good news!

One question If I want to export saved server loadouts in version 32 the new version, how can I do it?

They should be compatible. If you mean export them in text format, then just loadthem and export them.

My favourite change is the ability to switch units in 3D editor mode.

I have a question tho, L'etranger - maybe others already asked (I wouldn't be surprised), if so, I'm sorry - any chance You could someday release VTS "Shop" standalone, like VAS, as a "plug and play" script? It's pretty much the best system available and it's just a big pity we can't use it outside of You great mission... It's just sometimes it's nice to sometime play something else (without respawns \ revives, like many groups do) :P

ootch awesome version !!

the AAR is really excellent : The mission is recorded and at the end you can replay the mission in 2D on the map to debrief with friends. (So useful for clan and teamplay)

My Top 5

1 -New feature : After Action Report, available for GMs. Allow to record part or all of the mission to replay it later (Playback are broadcasted to all connectect player, Export/Import are only functionnal with @iniDBI mod due to their large size).

2 -Added Zeus compatibility if detected on the installation.

3 -Improvement : E and R keys can now be used to cycle through unit to spawn in 3D spawning

4 -New feature : vts_IsNavigableCargoHalo which allow plane or chopper with navigable rear cargo to be used as static halo/para drop point. (Only work with vehicle you can walk inside) --> (easy and immersiv)

5 -Improvement : Filtering object now is caching results for faster research with the same filter

Next version :

-Fixed 2D spawn of vehicle with "airplane" or "helictoper" (A2) simulation to fall on ground

Maybe someone can give me a quick answer on this, I spawned a bunch of orcas and used the fill cargo function to fill them with CSAT. Set them to land at a point, all that works brilliantly but how do I get the group inside to disembark and issue seek and destroy orders or other VTS orders to them?

Edit: Earlier in the thread someone mentioned placing a squad and an empty chopper then setting the squad to reinforce which would make them board the chopper and disembark at waypoint but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Edited by DrBo42

Maybe someone can give me a quick answer on this, I spawned a bunch of orcas and used the fill cargo function to fill them with CSAT. Set them to land at a point, all that works brilliantly but how do I get the group inside to disembark and issue seek and destroy orders or other VTS orders to them?

Edit: Earlier in the thread someone mentioned placing a squad and an empty chopper then setting the squad to reinforce which would make them board the chopper and disembark at waypoint but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

did you try transport unload?

I have a question tho, L'etranger - maybe others already asked (I wouldn't be surprised), if so, I'm sorry - any chance You could someday release VTS "Shop" standalone, like VAS, as a "plug and play" script? It's pretty much the best system available and it's just a big pity we can't use it outside of You great mission... It's just sometimes it's nice to sometime play something else (without respawns \ revives, like many groups do) :P

Well maybe one day. As for the revive, we do play with 0 revive and no respawn setup on our side, so basiclly when you die you move into spectator (ala OFP CWC)

did you try transport unload?

Where is that in the interface?

Hi,

first of all L_etranger: great and amazing work on VTS!!!

I'm new using VTS with friends of mine so my questions might be silly

I understand that VTS is for live gamemastering. Anyway, it appears to be very usefull to set up mission.

I saw in the code that I can create a SP mission by setting the debug mode to true. But I did not try it so far (kids, work...). So here are my questions:

If I edit a mission in SP, add buildings and environment with VTS: will all the objects be saved? I mean: I set back to false the debug mode, export to MP mission and launch the mission.

I see that I can copy/paste (in load/save) what have been inserted in the map, with lines like this:

[2,false,"OBJECT","Object","Building","Land_kostel",9,"Safe","Limited","",0.5,"FORMATION",0,50,[3504.98,3034.95,0],[0,0,0],"","",false]]

Is there a translation script existing to go from VTS script to SQF?

What I mean is that in my mission, I have this line in my init.sqf:

if (isServer) then {call compile preprocessFile "mission\initBuildings.sqf";};

in my mission\initBuildings.sqf, I have this:

#include "siteA.sqf"

in my siteA.sqf. I have this:

_pos = [4035.25,7095.1,0.564682];

_object = createVehicle ["Land_dp_smallTank_F", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_object setDir 0;

_object setPosATL _pos;

It looks quite similar, so I imagine that the vts generated code can be translated to SQF? I've been the pbo to try to find the answer but my CPP is so old I can't remember a lot of things.....

Do you have something like this or is it a silly question?

Due to the new Zeus mode. If I create environment with VTS/Zeus in SP mode, will everything be saved?

From my prospective the question is quite relevant as our admin/GM is regularly setting up mission and have to copy/paste mission setting or building setup. A "simple" export to MP mission would be perfect (I keep simple in brackets as I know it might not be that simple to implement).

I know I sent an MP on armaholic but maybe you don't check it + I updated a bit my question, sorry if this is redundant.

If it's not in the relevant thread sorry for inconvenience.

Cheers

Pen'

Why do you want to use a Mission.SQF

You have just to use the save and load function.

- Start VTS in Lan multiplayers (no others players connected)

- Put your buildings or what you want

- save with Save/load feature in a text file

- few day later, start the vts with friends connected

- and load what you have saved

(I don't know if modification made by zeus are saved by Vts Save/load, I don't thing so)

Edited by gonza

Why do you want to use a Mission.SQF

You have just to use the save and load function.

- Start VTS in Lan multiplayers (no others players connected)

- Put your buildings or what you want

- save with Save/load feature in a text file

- few day later, start the vts with friends connected

- and load what you have saved

(I don't know if modification made by zeus are saved by Vts Save/load, I don't thing so)

Thanks for the reply ;-)

That would be interesting for non-vts user to launch mission on the server.

Export function, especially for buildings, vehicule, etc. (no script, or trigger) would be interesting when it comes to enrich maps and re-use them for scenarios. It could be equivalent to LEA with mission profil, for the same map, that are loaded in a more convenient way (not sure it's easy to implement a file browsing system in Arma).

Another way to see it is that once the mission is setup, it's just a matter of loading the PBO with nothing else to do on the admin side, mission is launch and that's it.

Regarding Zeus, as it's quite interesting to use, I have to admit that save/load of item would be good :/