l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

@1212 : I checked on Altis I didn't encountered any issue with the Nimitz (I dont have mana though) , does it work on Altis on your side ?

Yes, with only the Nimitz as addon, when I spawn it through 3D (didn't try the 2D version) anywhere on Altis, I put the camera in the lower left corner (0,0 I guess) and I see a duplicated Nimitz.

Also, I can't rotate it before confirming the spawn (ie clicking the mouse buttons doesn't rotate the Nimitz before pressing C to confirm).

@theNach : Nah trigger are too slow / unreliable and long to configure, it's better to use a custom script with zone and launch it by hand as GM when the player does their objective ( you can monitor them with the logs and the different init script, like target)

I have a script to kill the lights. Can you guide me in how to execute the script and affect the zone I select in VTS?

If possible, can you also explain how to use the "modules" ?

I tried to add a minefield using the module but it did not worked. Also I tried to add a support module but I don't know how to synchronize the module with a unit like you did in ARMA 2d editor.

Thanks again - I love have the possibility to push commands and inits to units already spawned !

Edited by theNaCH

Yes, with only the Nimitz as addon, when I spawn it through 3D (didn't try the 2D version) anywhere on Altis, I put the camera in the lower left corner (0,0 I guess) and I see a duplicated Nimitz.

Also, I can't rotate it before confirming the spawn (ie clicking the mouse buttons doesn't rotate the Nimitz before pressing C to confirm).

In fact the issue is coming from using the 3d spawn. Using the 2d button does not create any bug, even with the "build" function.

In fact the issue is coming from using the 3d spawn. Using the 2d button does not create any bug, even with the "build" function.

Thanks for Clarifing, I'll try to fix that for 3d spawning vehicles with init. The nimitz spawn is kind of wacky, it creates an dummy vehicle object then spawn the buildings.

Thanks for Clarifing, I'll try to fix that for 3d spawning vehicles with init. The nimitz spawn is kind of wacky, it creates an dummy vehicle object then spawn the buildings.

May be the easiest solution would be: if nimitz && 3d button then apply 2d button.

Honestly, you can't do anything with the Nimitz with the 3d button: can't move it, can't rotate it, basically, using 2d has the exact same effect without the bug or the frustration, so why bother ? :)

EDIT:

2D, working:

[[1,[1e+008,1e+008,1e+008,1e+008],[],[],[],[]],[0,false,"WEST","BLU_F","Ship","JDG_carrier_Spawner",4,"Safe","Limited","",0.5,"FORMATION",0,50,[3960,1990,0],[0,0,0],"","",false]]

3D, not working:

[[1,[1e+008,1e+008,1e+008,1e+008],[],[],[],[]],[0,true,"WEST","BLU_F","Ship","JDG_carrier_Spawner",4,"Safe","Limited","",0.5,"FORMATION",0,50,[3959.99,1995,13.7125],[3959.99,1995,13.7125],"","",false]]

The two differences between the 2d code and 3d code: false / true just before the side (ie WEST) of the item spawned; the [0,0,0] / [coordinates of the object] at the end of the line

Edited by 1212PDMCDMPPM

Solved! It was a problem with the server configuration!

Glad to hear :)

Beta 33 should have cool new feature

Glad to hear :)

Beta 33 should have cool new feature

:eek:

Excellent news!

L etranger,

Found one possible bug.

When playing with CSAT, changing the roles does not load the backpacks even if the backpacks are available at the shop.

Found another problem. When droping and object on the ground and picking it up "automatically" not using the inventory option it delete it. Now if I use the inventory option (Hitting I ) it works.

Found another problem. When droping and object on the ground and picking it up "automatically" not using the inventory option it delete it. Now if I use the inventory option (Hitting I ) it works.

More likely Arma bug

'Cool new feature' .... looking forward to it .... go on, tell us :)

There is a handling error when I wrote on the forum, there is no space on the editor.

I feel that this is a conflict with scripts VTS, because when I run the mission.sqm alone animations are presented. Someone already had this problem?

I have been using Functions without any problem in VTS.

I looked into the function and was not able to find the parameter you are trying. Here is what I found in the Fx.

Author: Jiri Wainar

Description:

Play set of ambient animations on given unit AND allows the unit to leave the ambient state and engage enemy or move away.

Remarks:

* Function controls BIS_fnc_ambientAnim; check that function [Remarks] section for more info of how to use it.

* Unit automatically leaves the animation loop if there is an enemy in 300m he knows about.

Parameter(s):

0: OBJECT - unit the anim & gear changes are going to be applied to

1: STRING (optional, default "STAND") - animation set id, describing what the unit's action looks like.

> "STAND" - standing still, slightly turning to the sides. Needs a rifle!

> "WATCH" - standing and turning around, good for soldier on watch. Needs a rifle!

> "GUARD" - standing still, like on guard with hands behing the body.

> "SIT_LOW" - sitting on the ground, with weapon.

> "KNEEL" - kneeling, with weapon.

> "LEAN" - standing while leaning (on wall)

2: STRING (optional, default "RANDOM") - equipment level id, describing how heavily is the unit equipped.

> "NONE" - no goggles, headgear, vest, weapon

> "LIGHT" - no goggles, headgear, vest

> "MEDIUM" - no goggles, headgear

> "FULL" - full gear = no touches

> "RANDOM" - gear is randomized according to the animation set

3: CODE or STRING (optional, default {false}) - condition that if true frees the unit from the animation loop

4: STRING (optional, default "COMBAT") - behaviour the unit should go to, when freed.

Returns:

-

Example:

[this,"STAND","FULL",{(player distance _this) < 5}] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat;

This variable is not available for dynamic spawn, only for mission static spawn, use _spawn instead of This if you want to use init script on spawned unit in VTS ex :

[_spawn,"SIT_U1"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim;

Should do the trick

Edited by L etranger

Therefore, the units must be seated with VTS and not by the editor?

@thenach :

for my own

/*

Author: Jiri Wainar

Description:

Play set of ambient animations on given unit.

Remarks:

* Can handle several different anims and auto-switching between them.

* Detects nearby units with the same animation set and tries to select different animations.

* A game logic is created on units position and animated unit is then attached to it, to prevent possible problems, like player pushing units around.

* The unit can be snapped to a set snappoint to prevent game from repositioning the unit.

* The snappoint is automatically detected, snap distance is 2 meters (in top-down view, ignoring vertical info).

* To position unit vertically, move its snappoint up/down.

* A snappoint is a (cyan colored) helper "Sign_Pointer_Cyan_F".

* This is extremely handy if the unit needs to be placed near object(s) - like on chair near a table.

Parameter(s):

0: OBJECT - unit the anim & gear changes are going to be applied to

1: STRING - animation set id, describing what the unit's action looks like.

> "STAND" - standing still, slightly turning to the sides, with rifle weapon

> "STAND_IA" - standing still, slightly turning to the sides, with rifle weapon

> "STAND_U1-3" - standing still, slightly turning to the sides, no weapon

> "WATCH1-2" - standing and turning around, with rifle weapon

> "GUARD" - standing still, like on guard with hands behing the body

> "LISTEN_BRIEFING" - standing still, hands behind back, recieving briefing / commands, no rifle.

> "LEAN_ON_TABLE" - standing while leaning on the table

> "LEAN" - standing while leaning (on wall)

> "BRIEFING" - standing, playing ambient briefing loop with occasional random moves

> "BRIEFING_POINT_LEFT" - contains 1 extra pointing animation, pointing left & high

> "BRIEFING_POINT_RIGHT" - contains 1 extra pointing animation, pointing right & high

> "BRIEFING_POINT_TABLE" - contains 1 extra pointing animation, pointing front & low, like at table

> "SIT1-3" - sitting on chair or bench, with rifle weapon

> "SIT_U1-3" - sitting on chair or bench, without weapon

> "SIT_AT_TABLE" - sitting @ table, hands on table

> "SIT_HIGH1-2" - sitting on taller objects like a table or wall, legs not touching the ground. Needs a rifle!

> "SIT_LOW" - sitting on the ground, with weapon.

> "SIT_LOW_U" - sitting on the ground, without weapon.

> "SIT_SAD1-2" - sitting on a chair, looking very sad.

> "KNEEL" - kneeling, with weapon.

> "PRONE_INJURED_U1-2" - laying wounded, back on the ground, wothout weapon

> "PRONE_INJURED" - laying wounded & still, back on the ground, with or without weapon

> "KNEEL_TREAT" - kneeling while treating the wounded

> "REPAIR_VEH_PRONE" - repairing vehicle while laying on the ground (under the vehicle)

> "REPAIR_VEH_KNEEL" - repairing vehicle while kneeling (like changing a wheel)

> "REPAIR_VEH_STAND" - repairing/cleaning a vehicle while standing

2: STRING - equipment level id, describing how heavily is the unit equipped.

> "NONE" - no goggles, headgear, vest, weapon

> "LIGHT" - no goggles, headgear, vest

> "MEDIUM" - no goggles, headgear

> "FULL" - no goggles

> "ASIS" - no touches to the gear

> "RANDOM" (default) - gear is randomized according to the animation set

3: OBJECT - object unit to snap to; function won't try to search for the closest snappoint and will use this snappoint instead

4: BOOL - function will try to interpolate into the ambient animation, if the interpolateTo link exists

- it is not officialy supported, so it's disabled by default

- works only for transitions from (some) default A3 stances to sets "STAND", "SIT_LOW" and "KNEEL"

Returns:

-

Example:

[this,"SIT_HIGH2"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim;

Depend, if you use script from editor init, then This is correct and refer to unit associated to that init, else ingame its _spawn that refer to the spawend init (specificity of VTS). You also have to consider locality and multiplayer specificities

Edited by L etranger

Well, I tried and it works with _spawn. But suddenly, I have to delete all my ground units since initialization with the publisher because they remain standing when I inisialise VTS.

My mission is then sent to the box, to boot the mission in multiplayer.

Edited by Raz0rLëgend

Ho you try to give them a special animation after spawn. That may conflict with a VTS safety net on spawn that reset animation of units to avoid unit to spawn with swimming or freefalling animation, because BIS...

Do you know a method to use the scripts and modules BIS before applying the VTS? This is a patern realize to merge with the VTS...

I'm not sure I understand your question, but you can put module and stuff directly in the mission if you want static setup to load with VTS.

L' etranger I think with the latest ARMA patch the classes changes and now is kind of a mess the "classifications" in the spawn combo box.

Also If you use weapon mods many are not present in the shop.

PD: any idea if that Beta 33 with the cool new feature will be available for the weekend?!?! :D