l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

Hello!

I made a VTS + Zeus mission, because I think VTS is great but the user interface is quite difficult to use.

It's a real pleasure to have such a nice interface and easy control of units, with all the options of the VTS.

I will wait for Letranger permission before posting it here, hein ;)

That just generates altis does it not? please be more specific :P

Is not going to be easy because you will need to mix all the scripts on each one.

If you want to merge two missions you will need to un-pbo each one.

Open it in the editor WITHOUT mods and merge and SAVE AS a mission.

Then you will need to put all the script of both VTS and Life in the same folder that you did the "SAVE AS" and somehow merge the Core files.

Description.ext, init.sqf ....

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

@theNaCH : By using "Game Basic Respawn" you disable VTS respawn system and the mission will simply use the game engine basic respawn when dead.

I don't understand your other question.

Thanks, my questions is the following.

- I set up VTS for revive but no respawn.

- Time limit to revive 10 min.

Results:

If someone died and 10 min is reached the player can still talks as if was alive. The player will change the position from "hurt" lay-down, facing upwards, to prone position and his body will rotate in place.

For Arma the player never goes to the "dead" that is why using TFAR he is able to talk on direct and also on Radio like he is still alive.

@TheNach : It's an issue with TFR which doesnt have API to disable plugin via script and only disable chater on real death. Unfortunately a lot of respawn don't rely on really dead player (because you can't do much, scripting wise, with bodies), instead we respawn the player alive at his death position and manipulate him with animation and script.

If you setup the 10 minutes and no respawn, then after 10 minutes the VTS respawn system should consider the guy in perma death and send him to spectactor mode. With ACRE the chatter is disabled, but with TFR is not yet possible. In the next version the spectator will only display units of the same side, It should reduce the ghost talk.

@TheNach : It's an issue with TFR which doesnt have API to disable plugin via script and only disable chater on real death. Unfortunately a lot of respawn don't rely on really dead player (because you can't do much, scripting wise, with bodies), instead we respawn the player alive at his death position and manipulate him with animation and script.

If you setup the 10 minutes and no respawn, then after 10 minutes the VTS respawn system should consider the guy in perma death and send him to spectactor mode. With ACRE the chatter is disabled, but with TFR is not yet possible. In the next version the spectator will only display units of the same side, It should reduce the ghost talk.

As usual, thanks for the detailed and quick answer!

Is there any way i can use this in conjunction with Zeus? I am new to this and would need a step by step if possible.

Is there any way i can use this in conjunction with Zeus? I am new to this and would need a step by step if possible.

Next release

B32 out :

-Improvement : Added Fast and Fastest speed on camera, 3d placement and 3d move (ALT or ALT+SHIFT)

-Improvement : Added slower speed for 3D placement and 3d move for lower angle rotation and height change (CTRL)

-Improvement : Headless client is now teleportable by GM

-Fixed : Some ammo box not correctly displayed in logistic spawning list

-Improvement : Logistic list doesn't show up backpack anymore (only crates)

-Improvement : Change class now use Shop items availability on player (ex: if a scope is unavailable in the shop using a class with a scope as default item will be removed)

-Improvement : Better name display for Units of the Change class menu

-Improvement : Param panel now only display 2 number after comma

-Improvement : GM spawn selector now also display class name (which can also be used for filtering)

-New Features : vts_isclue to give object meaning to players

-Improvement : Added more editor object in the Object selector spawner

-Improvement : Spawning objects in 3D should be more gentle for the surrounding environement

-Change : Spectator mode now only show units from the same side

-Improvement : Change GM object marker color to Yellow for better visibility

-Change : Logistic object also spawn a GM Marker

-Change : GM - Disabling Players marker also disable VTS Death message for GMs

-Improvement : "Weapon on back" now keep weapon on back, use "Weapon in Hand" to get it back.

-New features : vts_ShowObjectsOwner for GM to know multiplayer ownership of mission objects

-New function : vts_setbasepos to allow a base to be moved to an object or a position (usefull to move a base inside a building)

-New features : vts_IsMovable to enable logistic behavior on objects (that can be moved by players and loaded into vehicles)

-New function : vts_EnableGM to enable GM UI on any player mid-game

-Improvement : Updated command line examples to display usefull functions

-Change : Replaced order UPS ambush by UPS Hold Area

B32 out :

-Improvement : Added Fast and Fastest speed on camera, 3d placement and 3d move (ALT or ALT+SHIFT)

-Improvement : Added slower speed for 3D placement and 3d move for lower angle rotation and height change (CTRL)

-Improvement : Headless client is now teleportable by GM

-Fixed : Some ammo box not correctly displayed in logistic spawning list

-Improvement : Logistic list doesn't show up backpack anymore (only crates)

-Improvement : Change class now use Shop items availability on player (ex: if a scope is unavailable in the shop using a class with a scope as default item will be removed)

-Improvement : Better name display for Units of the Change class menu

-Improvement : Param panel now only display 2 number after comma

-Improvement : GM spawn selector now also display class name (which can also be used for filtering)

-Improvement : Added more editor object in the Object selector spawner

-Improvement : Spawning objects in 3D should be more gentle for the surrounding environement

-Change : Spectator mode now only show units from the same side

-Improvement : Change GM object marker color to Yellow for better visibility

-Change : Logistic object also spawn a GM Marker

-Change : GM - Disabling Players marker also disable VTS Death message for GMs

-Improvement : "Weapon on back" now keep weapon on back, use "Weapon in Hand" to get it back.

-New features : vts_ShowObjectsOwner for GM to know multiplayer ownership of mission objects

-New function : vts_setbasepos to allow a base to be moved to an object or a position (usefull to move a base inside a building)

-New features : vts_IsMovable to enable logistic behavior on objects (that can be moved by players and loaded into vehicles)

-New function : vts_EnableGM to enable GM UI on any player mid-game

-Improvement : Updated command line examples to display usefull functions

YES! thanks!

Some really nice changes Letranger. I'm using VTS alongside Zeus (and igiLoad) and is it great. It works perfectly.

Edited by Kremator

Hi L etranger

I tested the new version and I will needs some help to understand what it does.

I tried this one in objects and players but I don't have any interactions or change, can you explain what this script d

This acts as the Defend UPS script, right?

There is a UPS Hidde script

What it does? because at this moment it only move to the location and stay there standing without moving.

Hi L etranger

I tested the new version and I will needs some help to understand what it does.

I tried this one in objects and players but I don't have any interactions or change, can you explain what this script d

This acts as the Defend UPS script, right?

There is a UPS Hidde script

What it does? because at this moment it only move to the location and stay there standing without moving.

-Is clue allow player to examine object, and it will given the string clue. Ex: you can spawn mapboard with [_spawn,"The map indicate they plan to attack HG28"] call vts_isclue. When a player will examine it, he will have the clue that pop up and free for his interpretation. Can be usefull for investigate objectives.

-The difference between Defend and Hold is that AI in Hold, will not chase you if you move away, which Defend do once they are fighting you.

-Hidde make the AI to hide in building and then move out and attack you when you are spotted.

L etranger, i have two requests for your revive script:

- Can you put an option so anyone can revive but needs a Medkit (like in farooq's revive script)

- Can you make an "limbo" state were a player can be "stabalized" before the "death" state and need to be revived by a medic. I've played a mission that when a player has a fatal wound it stays for a few seconds (10-15sec) in a state were it can be stabalized by a teammate and that could only be done if you had and use a Fisrt Aid Kit and when finally the medic arrives, makes a full heal, and it wouln'd count as a revive.

Thanks. ;)

Lentrager, after the update to 1.12 I'm seeing a few errors int he server log.

I'm going to paste here a few of the errors:

WARNING: Function 'name' - user1 has no unit

- network id (Edited)

- person (Name edited)

- dead

Client: Remote object (Edited same is as above) not found

Warning: Cleanup player - person (Edited same is as above) not found

---------------------------------------------------- Another error:

ssion co320_vts40_A3_beta32.Altis: Number of roles (322) is different from 'description.ext::Header::maxPlayer' (320) (This is a simple error but putting here to show the error when the mission start)

Server error: Player without identity (edited) (id edited)

Unknown entity: '& _b.href != _bH) _b.href = _bH'

Unknown entity: 'trade'

Let me know I can send you the RPT because there are a lot's more that I don't know if are relevant.

Currently the revive script has no meaning to change damage or how life is handled by the game. It's more a life counter and a simple risk & reward system based on A3 rules. As all VTS systems, to ensure full compatiblity with any other systems (revive, ai, scripts etc). So it will never evolve to something more complex from inside the mission.

I'm working on a standalone more complex health system addon, outside of the VTS.

@TheNach : Thanks for the report, it's old stuff more revelant to BIS than VTS. but if you encounter scripts error during the mission ( by running with -showscripterrors for exemple) those can be more harmfull for the mission flow

@TheNach : Thanks for the report, it's old stuff more revelant to BIS than VTS. but if you encounter scripts error during the mission ( by running with -showscripterrors for exemple) those can be more harmfull for the mission flow

Will do that, thanks!

Currently the revive script has no meaning to change damage or how life is handled by the game. It's more a life counter and a simple risk & reward system based on A3 rules. As all VTS systems, to ensure full compatiblity with any other systems (revive, ai, scripts etc). So it will never evolve to something more complex from inside the mission.

I'm working on a standalone more complex health system addon, outside of the VTS.

Ok,... i understand! And that health system has an release date!? :D

hey :)

first - thank you, for your awesome work!

and second ;)

is it possible to remove trees, bushes and/or grass somehow? - like for building own bases / complexes ?

greetings,

Dwarfex

Nxt version :

-Fixed : GM object marker not at good position when spawning OBJECT type in 3D on dedicated.

-Improvement : GM Musics list are also build from mission CfgMusics now (useful when musics are integrated directly into mission)

-Improvement : Fast rope now give better visual feedback (thanks to Mach1muscle351)

-Fixed : Shop sometime unable to buy magazine having the same name class as a weapon

-Fixed : Movable object carried by soldiers doesn't arm vehicle anymore on contact

-Improvement : Client should not spawn in water anymore on initial launch with high network imprecision setting on the server

-Fixed : VTS Revive should not stuck anymore to revive player with 0 live left

-Improvement : Fix Swim Animation Bug now also Fix FreeFall Animation Bug

-Improvement : Spawning manned Plane/Helicopter in 3D will not spawn them flying anymore (usefull for ready to take of plane / helico)

-Improvement : Leader of group with no order will not prone and stay in the empty anymore (with AI Smart Waypoint management)

-Change : Renamed VTS_IstransportVehicle script by VTS_isTransportTaxi

-Shop Improvement : Buying a weapon is now offering a magazine free of charge loaded in the weapon (if you have enough space in your inventory)

-Change class Improvement : Listing is now sorted by Alphabetical order

-Fixed : Delete sometime was not deleting correctly the crew of vehicle in certain situation

-Fixed : Vehicle Skill not read correctly on property panel in certain situation

-Fixed : Change class, removing backpack with scope = 1 even if parent backpack was available in the shop

-Improvement : Seek And Destroy order will now hunt nearby enemy indefinitely (with AI Smart Waypoint management)

-Improvement : Unit with no order or having a short patrol will now hold their initial position in combat (with AI Smart Waypoint management)

-Fixed : Issue with "populate with civilian" when no vehicle is know in the selected faction

-Improvement : "Populate with civilian" spawn 50% more NPC and moving NPC uped from 10% to 30% (Be carefull with big radius)

-Update : Updated UPSMON behavior script to lastest (thanks Azroul13)

-New feature : vts_IsNavigableCargoHalo which allow plane or chopper with navigable rear cargo to be used as static halo/para drop point. (Only work with vehicle you can walk inside)

-Shop New feature : "Import/Export Loadout", usefull to share gears setups, as text, outside of the game.

-Shop Improvement : Better detection of Uniform compatibility with the player

-Fixed : Shop giving backpack without removing the content of the backpack.

-Fixed : Terrain Thermal issue at night

-New feature : After Action Report, available for GMs. Allow to record part or all of the mission to replay it later (Playback are broadcasted to all connectect player, Export/Import are only functionnal with @iniDBI mod due to their large size).

-Added Zeus compatibility if detected on the installation.

-Improvement : GMs markers are now more dynamic and show up all spawned mission objects

-New feature : GMs can now change Wind strength

-Improvement : E and R keys can now be used to cycle through unit to spawn in 3D spawning

-Improvement : Added a confirmation to the "send player to base" to avoid miss click

-Improvement : Filtering object now is caching results for faster research with the same filter

-Fixed : GMs UI Help lines alignement

Edited by L etranger

Please tell me that is a wounded system an not a revive !!! :D

@theNach : Yes but hardcore one, I don't know when it be ready, not much motivated that BIS make money on our back

@Dwarfex : You can use grass cutter to remove grass (it's an object), you can't remove tree of the maps overwise.

Edited by L etranger

@theNach : Yes but hardcore one, I don't know when it be ready, not much motivated that BIS make money on our back

No mater! If I can wait for BI to improve the game for 10 year.. I con wait for a better wounded system in VTS!!!!

I hope you don't get "demoralized" for BI doing what is doing ... and also I hope you guys are able to plug your improvements into the stolen ideas BI is pushing to ARMA 3

Is this a VTS problem!? I tryed this in the editor offline and the AI responds to the warning shots, and then shoot's me... it dosen't ignores me! And in this situation if i spawn an NATO AI they shoot him right away. The AI only shoots the players after i take control of them! This started after the 1.12 patch!

Edited by Nuno Basto

Is this a VTS problem!? I tryed this in the editor offline and the AI responds to the warning shots, and then shoot's me... it dosen't ignores me! And in this situation if i spawn an NATO AI they shoot him right away. The AI only shoots the players after i take control of them! This started after the 1.12 patch!

Devbranch ?

On Dedicated server ?

Try the same thing on a mountain, I'd may have some hypothese

No not on dev branch, it's on final realese. It was on a Dedicated server!

I'll try in a moutain!

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

It's the same! No reaction until after taking over them!

Edited by Nuno Basto