l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

I have a problem! I use ACRE and i can't find the AN/PRC-117F and AN/PRC-119 radios in the shop, and i can find the ACRE box, i tried under logistics, objects, ammo and nothing,...

Anyone with this problem!?

Well I must say that I love the VTS for what it is, and the Zeus is just a fun plaything for those who just want to throw something quick and easy. The VTS is so much more powerful and really does the job if you want to give the players the next level of gaming, all from GM taking over AI and pushing the players to react, and all the way to the coding moments of commandlines and just simple overview of things.

When I saw the Zeus, I realized how much I do love the VTS !

So stay on target, your doing an amazing job, keep as is and just improve it with all goodies :)

Thanks for all your hard work and efforts !

I have one question, if try to merge mission.SQM from a mission that I have with the mission.SQM that come comes from VTS I'm able to see in the editor the objects I placed but when I preview the objects are no there anymore, that is a normal? VTS is preventing to have anything other than the HQs?

Thanks.

@Nuno : Is ACRE correctly installed on the server ?

@Skagget : thanks for the kind word

@Thenach : It should work. Just keep in mind that Merge doesnt bring data of the target mission into the source mission (ie : script, sound, folder, files, etc..) only the content of the .sqm fil. So you should rather merge your mission with the VTS mission then. Kremator had do that trick arleady I think he can help you more in depth

@Thenach : It should work. Just keep in mind that Merge doesnt bring data of the target mission into the source mission (ie : script, sound, folder, files, etc..) only the content of the .sqm fil. So you should rather merge your mission with the VTS mission then. Kremator had do that trick arleady I think he can help you more in depth

As usual thanks for the quick reply!.

Yes what I did is un pbo the VTS and merge it.. VTS is working fine but I don't see anything of the things I put in my mission.

Don't worry I will keep testing.

@Nuno : Is ACRE correctly installed on the server ?

Yeap! In custom missions we have the ACRE RADIO BOX and they are all there....

(30 seconds later)...

...i think!!! I'll check that,...

Yeap! I Can see AN/PRC-119, but not the AN/PRC-117F, in the custom mission, but neither one on the VTS!

I can see them all in the shop (in item & secondary for longrange):

6DHchxl.jpg

vYONvtl.jpg

Although the ACRE boxes doesn't appear in the spawnable logistic list hm... It should be fixed in next version, somehow my ammox box auto detection was weird.

Edited by L etranger

hum,... never cheked the secundary for the long range!!! :o But in the spawnable logistic it's confirmed it dosen't appear! ;)

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Robalo has lauched his @ASR_AI3 update,... and i was testing last night and some features seam not to be working! VTS has any option that interferes with the MOD!?

Shouldn't, there is no AI scripting in VTS units unless you use an USPMON order.

Shouldn't, there is no AI scripting in VTS units unless you use an USPMON order.

I thought there were AI modifiers in VTS. Taking cover when engaged etc?

I always turn it off, as I use bCombat with VTS anyway - much more useful.

PS where is the ASR_AI update ?

Thanks 1212, but they are using the same whacky hack community is using since months...

It's not a good sign when developer beging to hack things into their game :/

L etranger,

If I want to add my own wounding system instead of using VTS, should I modify the description and the Init? Or this could break something else in the scripts?

Like the revive that is used int the GM console?

Last question, is there a way to make the a chopper land without shutdown the engines?

Edited by theNaCH

-It depends of the mod, everything is made easy to be implemented in VTS but it requires some scripting knowledge. The GM Revive functions is only working with VTS revive system or system that can be reseted when detecting player with damage to 0.

-You can try changing is flying height

-It depends of the mod, everything is made easy to be implemented in VTS but it requires some scripting knowledge. The GM Revive functions is only working with VTS revive system or system that can be reseted when detecting player with damage to 0.

-You can try changing is flying height

Thanks, I thought is not going to be easy for my scripting knowledge level.

This is the problem I'm having using default VTS revive mode.

We are using TFAR as the only mod

I set VTS revive with the following parameters.

No respawn - Anyone can revive.

1 revive.

Revive timeout 2 mins.

If someone is killed for the second time it does not put it in spectator mode. The body lay in prone mode and they are able to talk to everyone. The only option I have is to set the unit damage to 1 so they actually are killed.

Also the team is not able to revive it because is out of lives.

And here is another one, is there a way to disable the custom killed messages ?

We have a problem with ACRE! There is one radio called 'ACRE RADIO 343' that dosen't works, and to start working it requires us to pick up another 'AN/PRC 343' and restart the TS.

Is this a misson problem that is possible to correct!?

@theNaCH : By using "Game Basic Respawn" you disable VTS respawn system and the mission will simply use the game engine basic respawn when dead. Custom killed message only appear for GM if killmessage are off in the game difficulty setting, hence no need to disable it.

I don't understand your other question.

@Nuno : ACRE Radio 343 is not mean to be used, use the AN/PRC 343 instead.

@Nuno : ACRE Radio 343 is not mean to be used, use the AN/PRC 343 instead.

Can you remove it, or it's an ACRE thing!?

I was wondering how i can get my "Mission.sqm" from my altis life server on here, any suggestions or ideas? :o

I was wondering how i can get my "Mission.sqm" from my altis life server on here, any suggestions or ideas? :o

Execute the .bat that is included.

Execute the .bat that is included.

That just generates altis does it not? please be more specific :P