l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

I noticed that UPSMON reinforcement is deleting one AI when using helicopter to move (I have not tested it with land vehicule).

How to reproduce it:

- place a rifle squad with no move

- place an empty chopper nearby

- reassign the squad behaviour to reinforcement and send it somewhere else on the map

-> the squad will board the chopper

-> the squad will disembark at destination

-> one AI will fly back the chopper

-> it will start the disembark animation but will be deleted during the anim

-> you'll notice one AI missing in the VTS AI counter and the chopper engine will still be on. This usually bug the next squad wanting to use it through the reinforcement script.

I don't know if there's anything to do with that but you should be aware of this weird behaviour.

Interesting, I don't know anything that would delete a npc in VTS, my guess is it's related to UPSmon only. Is that big deal?

Interesting, I don't know anything that would delete a npc in VTS, my guess is it's related to UPSmon only. Is that big deal?

No. :)

The only important thing is probably to manually turn off the chopper engine if you want another squad to use it through the reinforcement behaviour.

Is it possible to enable fast rope from helicopter cargo on the reinforcement behaviour (or through anything else that doesn't require a human to pilot the helicopter) ?

Hm since they are both different system apart, I don't want much them to be tangle together for maintenance sake. UPSmon is updated often by its creators and it would be too much effort to update it each time. I'll rather have no decency between VTS and external system I don't own much control.

Edited by L etranger

At one time last night, when I was GM the whole GM-VTS tool just stopd working. I tried to place some units, but it just asked for where on map and when I clicked it closed the GMtool and nothing happend. So I tried to log out of the game, and out from the lobby.. reenterd the game and then I didnt have the VTS option when I scrolled. When I opened the ordinary map, I saw "user" and their numbers and markers such as VTS. But the actuall re-start didnt get me back with GM-VTS tool at scroll.

Is there a way to restart the GM-VTS tool or when it shutsdown, is there a way to have like a perm addaction or something ?

And is there a command to use in a commandline to revive adminrevive people without PARAM-Revive, I tried " [user1] call vts_respawn_revive; " but that only worked on myself, not if I changed the user1 to say user2 etc, is there a command for it ?

** I used bCombat for the AI, so they would move alot more while being under attack, maybe it screwed something up ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167288-bCombat-test-candidates

Edited by trick99

Hey Letranger,

Was just looking at VTS, is it possible, that if the skill is set at Medium Trained Hands (0.5) in the parameters then the slider in the GM interface then defaults to 0.5? Or if I choose High Trained Hands the GM interface defaults to 0.7?

I hope that makes sense. Looking forward to new release ! Happy New Year mate.

In VTS the Accuracy skill is separated from the unit skill. Then the spawning skill influence the overall AI aiming and everything else (ie : a hollywood accuracy unit a with skill 1.0 could aim better than a Shaky hand unit with 0.3 skill).

At one time last night, when I was GM the whole GM-VTS tool just stopd working. I tried to place some units, but it just asked for where on map and when I clicked it closed the GMtool and nothing happend. So I tried to log out of the game, and out from the lobby.. reenterd the game and then I didnt have the VTS option when I scrolled. When I opened the ordinary map, I saw "user" and their numbers and markers such as VTS. But the actuall re-start didnt get me back with GM-VTS tool at scroll.

The VTS UI never shutdown, joining out and in as GM seat could help if the GM UI broken up though. Did you use battleeye ? There could be two possibility I can think of : Battle-eye is stopping some function (you can see battleye report in the same folder where RTP are) or the Engine Scripting Thread is overloaded / stuck in loops (which mean any script execution can't run or run ultra slow).

And is there a command to use in a commandline to revive adminrevive people without PARAM-Revive, I tried " [user1] call vts_respawn_revive; " but that only worked on myself, not if I changed the user1 to say user2 etc, is there a command for it ?

I think the param revive doesn't call a function, it could just reinit the variable and anim. I could wrapp a function instead, it would be cleaner and be called later. But I don't see why the param revive would not work, I didn't had any issue with that one. Keep in mind the revive param only work for the VTS revive system. Are you using another healing/medic system ?

** I used bCombat for the AI, so they would move alot more while being under attack, maybe it screwed something up ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167288-bCombat-test-candidates

This could lead to the second possibility explained above if the mod is badly scripted. Try without if you still have Issue. Basically if your GM UI is becoming slow or unresponsive it means the script thread is overloaded

Edited by L etranger

Hey Letranger,

Have you seen psycho's http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170975-A3-Wounding-System?

Could we have the ability to add this as an alternative to the one already in VTS please ? It really is a good one, and is MP/JIP compatible, and even allows AI to revive themselves if not actually DEAD! Is it also possible to add it onto every group that is spawned (if not - How could I do this myself?)

Krem you should be able to find anything in the VTS mods folder to hook this kind of stuff there should be a on_spawn script or something wich is run on a group or unit (dont remember) when they are created by VTS.

A function or something for revive would be nice, where one could just enter the userX and it revived that person.

I dont use any other revivesystem then the one in VTS; it works very good so havent had any need.

I still don't get why you don't use the Param button > Player Revive Fallen (which does call vts_property_revive)

In B26 the function vts_property_revive will accept optional parameters then (so it can be used like [userX] call vts_property_revive)

I cant use it as I said before, I get "no alive player!" or some line like it. I couldnt even revive the player from "ingame" revive either. That player had to log off and then back in again; then I had the possibility to revive when standing close. The "no alive player!" have had happen a couple of times for me. That have happend to me before and now too, with VTS as only script going and with other scripts aswell. So dont know why I keep getting that at times. But will it happen again; I must try the; [userX] call vts_property_revive and see if that doesn't do the trick for "no alive player!".

The VTS is perfect and all I really wanted, we play with about 20people and I use the VTS as a GM. It works very nice as of last time I got some strange behaviour that can be linked to bad code in non-VTS scripts.

So next I will try it out without any extra scripts in the background and see how it goes :)

Edited by trick99

B26 up CQB update

-Improvement : Vehicle gunners doesn't leave vehicles when immobilized

-Improvement : Increase accuracy of 3D spawning (should prevent some object to be badly positioned sometime with or without a load/save use)

-Fixed bug: (BIS bug actually) Spawned vehicle with commander had blind commander hence not engaging correctly

-Improvement : Fill cargo function now also add a gunner and a commander if they are missing of the vehicle (along with the driver)

-Fixed bug : Sometime spawned UAV could not have a correct logic crew

-Improvement : Fill road function doesn't call logic vehicle anymore to avoid last patch issue

-Improvement : Fill building function doesn't call logic vehicle anymore to avoid last patch issue

-Added : additive "custom_init_script.sqf" in the "mods" folder to increase ease of adding init script/addons to VTS

-Fixed : Obsolete message on taskhint

-Improvement : VTS loading progress also displayed on client now

-Improvemnet : vts_property_revive function now accept an optional target parameter (when used outside the Param property panel)

-New feature : Overcast is now separated from Rain (keep in mind Rain need a medium to high overcast to fall)

-Improvement : Fill Building function, units, will not leave buildings in combat as often

-Fixed : Following issue with Hostage & VIP from a different side than the player

-Fixed : Sometime reopening the CPU had the spawn selecting a different unit than the one displayed in the list, hence making spawn the wrong unit

-Improvement : Using the fill building function will now make the units patrol inside the building

Edited by L etranger

B27 UP changelog :

-Fixed : Unit in patrol building chasing you

-Fixed : Param button to open the property panel, not selecting correctly the unit some time or unable to select player.

-Improvement : AI Skill attribution :

*Unit AI accuracy & aimspeed are now handled by VTS to avoid issue with custom difficulty profile

*AI min/max Shake & accuracy & aimspeed are now capped to avoid high skill unit to have too much precision

*AI skill formula attribution is now more coherent between low skilled AI and very high skilled AI

*Default starting VTS spawn skill is now set to 0.5 (was 0.3 before)

*Default VTS AI aiming precision set to "Medium - Trained Hand" (was Low before)

*New Default parameters with the new AI skill formula difficulty, is close to old default difficulty (skill 0.3 & Low Aim precision)

Please stress test the different skills settings and aim precision parameters, let me know how it work, It should be more smooth, spawning unit from 0.01 to 1.0 skill should be fully operational now.

@ trick99 : I found out the param bug had an issue with the param button itself now picking correctly the target unit, everbody else was using the shorcut (ctrl + double click) which didn't have that issue ^^. It's fixed now

Edited by L etranger

Nice, and I really like that the outdated taskhint is removed, even though I liked how that worked and looked in the game.. so now its nice to get less error/heads up hints at startup.

I like to have really bad AI, so I often go for 0.1 at times to 0.2/0.3 maybe. What I set is aimingAccuracy and aimingShake. So will be cool to have a way to really set it yourself in description.ext or something, first have a simple default way as is now with " Aiming precision" value. But it would be nice to have more control yourself to lets say accuracy aimspeed shake, have that as an class param in description on its own. If you dont activate it, you use the default " Aiming precision" value, or use the more fintuning way to set the values yourself.

What I do now in VTS is to put my own shake in a custom function file so it ends up in all the units spawn in game:

_unit = _this select 0;

_unit setSkill ['aimingShake',0.10];

_unit setSkill ['aimingAccuracy',0.10];

_unit setSkill ['aimingCourage',0.95];

That was my last config and it worked nicely with bad 0.3 spawned opfor.

Havent tried the new versions of B26 or B27, they came out fast =)

But tried to run VTS as is this last time with about 25ppl, and it worked flawlessly ! So the problem I had was a script that as you said; looped to much so that the VTS just went bad.. Happy to know what it is that went wrong =)

Cheers for the great updates and active work on VTS !

With B27, medium Param and 0.5 skill will give you aimshake/acc of 0.078. So if you want the same parameter you used try spawning unit with 0.7 skill in medium param, or 0.5 in steady param. This version allow you to have 1.0 skilled unit (smart and all) without them to be aimbot.

The skill ingame affect everything from courage to commanding, a unit with 0.1 skill will always shoot worth than a unit with 1.0 skill. Then the mission param AIM precision is there to let you choose how you want the AI from 0.1 to 1.0 to be accurate. Exemple : A 0.5 skilled unit in steady param will shoot better than a 1.0 skilled unit in low param. This let you choose the overal difficulty of the mission outside of the spawning skillset which affect everything else (spot / courage / tactic etc).

Edited by L etranger

Really nice, tested in debug singleplayer and all small fixes from AI units behaviour is really nice aswell as the revivepart =)

So a big thanks for the amount of effort you put in =)

One thing Ive noticed in VTS is that the cloud lags, am I the only one ?

If I put up a standard map, no scripts or addons, the clouds moves softly. But if I go VTS only, the cloud lags now n then.

Is there a way to not start at marker, just start where the MissionMaker puts the units. As for now, all start at the same point.

I have set the vts_generate_spawn_position=false;

But I would like to have one group starting at one starting zone and a couple of others elsewhere..

@Trick99 : -Clouds are laggy because I resync time everytime between Player & Server, else they could have a huge time difference between player on long mission (~1-2hours missions lenght). Like someone could see the sun going up while it's night for other player.

-vts_generate_spawn_position=false makes the base spawn on the respawn_X marker instead of generating a , when initially it generates a position to be compatible with any islands. Players always respawn at their base. I could add a var to disable teleport on base on spawn but it doesn't make sense since all players want to gear up on the shop at spawn usually.

Thats what I thought, but good to know for sure (regarding clouds).

Well the games I run is about 2-3h with upwards to 30players, so its good to have a sync there :)

Well some missions is for CSAR, some where a group is holding a objective and waiting for the rest to just rush and aid them. So personally I would like a var to disable teleport, but understand if its to much tinkering around too.

Many of my missions, dont have players gear up at the shop, I have the shop disabled totally (its a inv-heli with no addaction to shop or groupmanaging).

The players get their gear from a loudout.sqf in their init and the rest is in their vehicles or at the FOB in crates if so needed.