l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

I use SpiritedMachines Arma2 launcher ... therefore the commandline is -mod=@cba_a3 -nosplash

As I said, I have seen this when playing VTS even in arma2. It doesn't seem related to any waypoint however, as sometimes the line can be in strange directions (ie not towards where they should be going)

I use SpiritedMachines Arma2 launcher ... therefore the commandline is -mod=@cba_a3 -nosplash

As I said, I have seen this when playing VTS even in arma2. It doesn't seem related to any waypoint however, as sometimes the line can be in strange directions (ie not towards where they should be going)

Never seen that, but If you can have a repro I would take a look at

---------- Post added at 01:45 ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 ----------

Two questions

First is there a way for you to make it so that we that use the console can have our settings and codes within the scripts aside. I will explain ;)

I add to the command line examples so I can easy just pull down the tab and use a fast scriptline, and I have added code in the VTS call on init on units so when I put out a unit that unit has a special set of gear for example. The problem comes when a new beta is released; then I have to open the console_valid_pre_init_line, console_valid_pre_com_line, vtsfunctions etc to re-add them into the script. I dont want to just copypaste the whole sqf as maybe you have done some greatness in the codeline in vtsfunctions as an example. So is there a way to alter so that we can have an hpp file or something to put our extra codes, and not have to go into your codes each beta-new-release ?

Done for next version

It's hard to do a repo L etranger as it is so random. Only thing I can say is to make a mission with lots of AI, give them 'move to' orders towards eachother and then go into camera view. Spin around some groups of AI and different elevations (similar to the height I had in my pictures) and see if the lines appear.

Noone else that uses VTS seen this ?

B24 is out (check first page) or the workshop

B24 version :

-New feature : Module spawning (so you can enable special addons directly in the mission, like Xmed or Alive).

-Improved distance at which VIP / Hostage follow player to getin vehicle

-Captive / Invisble GM can now see player names

-Loggin as admin even if not in a GM slot now give GM interfaces.

-Improve GM UI to better display Spawn scripts.

-Added a black curtain during the Initialization.

-Show text feature now doesn't shown up on Dedicated / Headless client.

-Added a confirmation request on Mission Success / Fail action

-GM Kill logs now display distinction between killed by AI or PLAYER

-Added clean world buttons for Bodies / Items / Wrecks

-Moved "Point the map" button on the top left of the mini map for more clarity

-Hostage now use sit down animation to allow smoother transition to freedom and fix the locked surrender animation state

-Using "Game Basic respawn" as respawn mission parameter now also restore loadout on respawn.

-Fixed : 1.08 patch making the unit to move away when spawned without move order.

-Fixed : Men & Vehicle spawns to create an empty group

-Added support for additive custom spawn script : mods\custom_functions.sqf

-Added support for additive custom Command Line preset : mods\custom_precommandline.sqf

-Fixed : Skill info in the Property panel now doesn't show 1.0 when the unit skill can't be read (to avoid confusion on skill level when units are spawned outside of the VTS on dedicated server).

-New Shop feature : Server loadouts (modifiable only by GM connect as server Admin)

-Shop : Increase players Loadout capacity to 20

-Added new mission param for shops : "Loadouts unlimited and free to buy" which allow loadouts to be buy for free, even if the items are not in available in store.

-Updated spectator script by Ollem

-Fixed : AI Units going sometime all in the same building

-Native support for Task Force Radio mods with following param : No radio encryption, no automatic long range radio backpack on unit.

Edited by L etranger

B24 is out (check first page) or the workshop

Great stuff! Everything works as it should. Only one question, how am I supposed to use the ALiVE modules for example? cannot really use those without being able to set parameters.

Great stuff! Everything works as it should. Only one question, how am I supposed to use the ALiVE modules for example? cannot really use those without being able to set parameters.

For now it only support module who doesn't require param, nxt version should support module with default param set.

Hey L Etranger, can you explain a little more about the new feature Module Spawning?

Hey L Etranger, can you explain a little more about the new feature Module Spawning?

It's in Object > Module, but only work for module that doest need param (like xmedsys for exemple)

Thanks for the up-date, will try module spawning soon - thanks again

B25 version :

-Shop update : ACRE and TFR radios are now better supported when bough from a Loadout

-Shop update : Improved loadout load / save functions

-New feature : 3D Attach (from 3D spawning or 3D Displacement)

-Improved spawn performance

-Fixed : Filter based on name instead of class name

-Fixed : 3D spawning overlap on Host/Player environnement

-Optimization : String functions used by filter and other stuff (thanks to Killzone Kid)

-Fixed : GM being visible again after Using "Take Control" while being invisible

-Helicopter Upgrade : Large transport helicopter can now lift object

-Helicopter Upgrade : Transport helicopter now have winch for rappelling down

Edited by L etranger

Hmm.. what would be the best way to use UPSMON artillery with this? I tried adding "[_this,1,2000,100,12,5,'Sh_82mm_AMOS',20] execVM '\scripts\UPSMON\MON_artillery_add.sqf';" in the custom init on a static mortar but it does not seem to work.

L etranger .... awesome new beta mate. Looking forward to playing with the 3D attach :)

Helicopter upgrade part 1 :

-Fast rope from helicopter cargo

Helicopter upgrade part 2:

-Helicopter lifting

-Hook, cable and cargo collide with world (beware the trees)

Edited by L etranger

L etranger

Really nice work with the CustomFunction part, love it ;) so great thanks.

But I cant get it to work =/

I cant get more lines into the statement..

//****************************************

//*** Fuctions as it appear in the list ***

//****************************************

vts_customfunctions=

[

"[vts_this] call vts_SaluteOnSpawn;"

];

What would be the right way, it seems like you wanted to go inside the "" but then it just gets messy oneline in the VTS.

Same with custom_precommandlines, if I put a "user1 allowdamage false;" it will just be one line with the "player sidechat etc" in the VTS ingame.

//*****************************************

//*** Pre command line presets addition ***

vts_customprecommands=

[

"player sidechat ""Sidechat text test""; user1 allowdamage false;"

];

Ive been playing for some time now and at times when a player gets killed I cant special-GM-revive him via Param. Is there a code-line you can type that will do that "GM revive", that I can type in in the commandline ?

What I get is "No alive player !!" when I press Param on the dead player. It feels like its "often" it happens, not always but often. So wanted a good codecommand to paste in when shit hits the fan so to say hehe :)

Great work !

I have this topic in bookmarks :P

Edited by trick99

Try :

vts_customprecommands=

[

"player sidechat 'Sidechat text test'; user1 allowdamage false;"

];

If you want to add more in the list increase the array like :

vts_customprecommands=

[

"player sidechat 'Sidechat text test'; user1 allowdamage false;",

"user1 allowdamage true;",

"user1 sidechat 'Yeah';"

];

Array

Worked like a charm :) Great thanks !

Just keep up the good work.

Really love the way the precommand sqf idea, that I can now just copy paste into next BETA.. Very nice !

Hey,

VTS is absolutely awesome, i've used it since early versions in arma 2 :)

I have a few questions about some features and how they work, hope you can help.

-Is there a method how to detect IEDs and disable them, which were generated by VTS _isIED script?

-How do i ignite an IED spawned into mission as ammunition as a Gamemaster?

- It would be totally awesome if there would be a possibility to include the Virtual Ammo System / Box to be used like VTS _is"SpecailProperty" - Script, unfortunately i was not able to implement it manually due to my non existing scripting knowledge.

and finally : is the "rest weapon" function still available? pressing "+" on numpad doesn't work for me (i saw a server using "H"-Key, and i know it was using the standalone VTS weapon resting script)

btw: Helicopters in Beta 25 work like a charm! go on with your work! :)

greetings, Dwarfex

-IED can blow of if damaged (via the para menu of a setdamage 1)

-I don't see any need for the VTS to use that one (you can create shop specific to side on vehicle or other object), it's up to mission designer then to add this if they want it (yes it require a bit of scripting knowledge)

-The rest weapon is a standalone mod, VTS only have the gesture (low rez version) implemented, for the sake of the mission compatibility with any addons

B26 version :

-Improvement : Vehicle gunners doesn't leave vehicles when immobilized

-Improvement : Increase accuracy of 3D spawning (should prevent some object to be badly positioned sometime with or without a load/save use)

-Fixed bug: (BIS bug actually) Spawned vehicle with commander had blind commander hence not engaging correctly

-Improvement : Fill cargo function now also add a gunner and a commander if they are missing of the vehicle (along with the driver)

-Fixed bug : Sometime spawned UAV could not have a correct logic crew

-Improvement : Fill road function doesn't call logic vehicle anymore to avoid last patch issue

-Improvement : Fill building function doesn't call logic vehicle anymore to avoid last patch issue

-Added : additive "custom_init_script.sqf" in the "mods" folder to increase ease of adding init script/addons to VTS

-Fixed : Obsolete message on taskhint

-Improvement : VTS loading progress also displayed on client now

-Improvemnet : vts_property_revive function now accept an optional target parameter (when used outside the Param property panel)

-New feature : Overcast is now separated from Rain (keep in mind Rain need a medium to high overcast to fall)

-Improvement : Fill Building function, units, will not leave buildings in combat as often

-Fixed : Following issue with Hostage & VIP from a different side than the player

-Fixed : Sometime reopening the CPU had the spawn selecting a different unit than the one displayed in the list, hence making spawn the wrong unit

-Improvement : Using the fill building function will now make the units patrol inside the building

Edited by L etranger

^^ this ... thankyou. Sooo annoying for a tank to become useless when it loses a track.

@L etranger - thank you for the update