l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

I am having trouble getting VTS to recognize a popular F18 mod. I am able to see/use the mod fine in the editor, but can not get the VTS console to bring it up. Is there a certain folder mods need to be in for VTS to bring them up?...naming template? or does VTS have problems recognizing mod vehicles that fall outside the default list.

Which addon? if you are talking about John Spartan F18, it does work very fine there.

VTS read addons the same way the game read them (actually a bit more proper than how the game read them). If could happen that VTS have some issue with certain addons who have bad config.bin, like using an illegal scope which should be used for debug or placeholder, referencing string instead of number, or not having a consistent name convention. In this case the addons could not show up correctly. There it would be to the addon maker to fix it config.

Do you use the lastest version and make sure to wait all data are loaded before opening the GM interface or the shop?

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

B16 changelog :

-Improved parachute group function

-Improved GM ui efficiency

-Fixed spawned group with vts_isparachuted being in building patrol mode

-Improved performance

Edited by L etranger

Never had problems with the f18. You are probably not letting VTS load potentially?

I found my problem....It was entirely on my end. Thanks for the replies though guys, and also wanted to take this opportunity to thank L'etranger for this awesome mission editor! It has been a blast so far!

B17 changelog :

-UAV buy from shop are now fully functional (watch for enemy UAV behavior)

-Group should spawn directly with the good the good Azimuth

-Group with UAV should have working UAV now

-Changing group order to Nav between 2 points should now initialize the correct formation before reaching the first WP

-Optimized VTS functions

-Optimized Shop functions

-Optimized Revive funcitons

-Spawned Air Ammo now aim for the ground

-Improved IED explosion

-vts_generate_spawn_position at false should now put the respawn atop of building if found any on the marker pos

-Improved respawn position when respawn base on water

Edited by L etranger

Awesome changes, especially the azimuth. No more shuffling feet to get the right direction !

B18 change log :

-Added HC fps log

-Improved Spawn Handling & HC performance

-Fixed bug with display name of persistent loadout not showing correctly on non used slot

-Light effects modification now work like Musics modification (Select = GM Preview, All = Apply choice)

-Saving Loadout in shop also save naming change (rename function still there if you just want to rename loadout)

-Improved Shop UI

-Improved Change Class UI

Edited by L etranger

B19 changelog :

-Added weapons name on Change Class UI

-Added "mods\on_spawn_script.sqf" to manipulate group spawned by GM

-Optimized spawn network requirement

-Headless client now automatically detected

-Empty Vehicles spawns and vehicle bought from shop now spawn with cargo clean of magazines and weapons

-"Not move" order now also change Behavior, Formation & Speed of groups (Easier to change behavior of static unit)

-Fixed a bug where JIP players could spawn dead

-Fixed listing undefined variable and other error related to undefined vars

-Fixed GM been visible for JIP players even when the GM set himself invisible

-Parachuted logitistics and vehicles have now the correct parachute

-Fixed a bug disallowing spawn on Dedicated server environment without HC.

Edited by L etranger

Back when I had a bit of a clue, I helped Draper with some input on this script....

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8337

There is some functionality in that script that I think would be handy tp have in VTS. Draper put more in than I think need be added to VTS, but there is some functionality that I think would be really great.

1) A transport script, much like my contribution to the package.

2) An Attack helo option

3) A fixed wing option... although there appears to be no LGB as of yet.

Here a good example of the VTS flexibility in action :

@Lawndartleo :

That's an interesting suggestion, although there is a AI transport script in the VTS working for all kind of vehicles (vts_istransport).

Edited by L etranger

Hello =)

What I have red is that it should work just fine on dedicated server right ?

I tried the latest beta 18 on my dedicated server and all seemd fine with the only problem; I couldnt spawn units. I would get into the 3d placer and when I clicked for spawn, the hint showed Spawned but nothing happend. Tried to read through some of this threads posts, but didnt really find anyone had problems with it. I was logged in as admin on the server and used <Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)>

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104991-Tophe-s-Arma-Dedicated-Server-Tool-(TADST)

Is there any problem with the server tool or so ?

Hello =)

What I have red is that it should work just fine on dedicated server right ?

I tried the latest beta 18 on my dedicated server and all seemd fine with the only problem; I couldnt spawn units. I would get into the 3d placer and when I clicked for spawn, the hint showed Spawned but nothing happend. Tried to read through some of this threads posts, but didnt really find anyone had problems with it. I was logged in as admin on the server and used <Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)>

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104991-Tophe-s-Arma-Dedicated-Server-Tool-(TADST)

Is there any problem with the server tool or so ?

It should, did you run other mods ? did you try to relaunch the mission ?

Item wasn't below the surface of the ground ? Scroll the arrow up so you can see the item.

Can we call an external script with VTS? I do not want something that comes up in the player context menu. I just want to run something via a command line in VTS that would be globaly executed... global being the key. I'm out on medical and could use a fun project. Think of them as "plugins".

Edited by lawndartleo

Item wasn't below the surface of the ground ? Scroll the arrow up so you can see the item.

Yeah I saw how you could scrollwheel up an object and down to ground. And I really pushed the object to the ground =)

It should, did you run other mods ? did you try to relaunch the mission ?

No mods or addons, tried first with the usual Im using. I logged in as admin on server, restarted it, but cant spawn/place not in 3d or 2d even if it states it has "Spawned".

In host I can place objects, but as soon as I go dedicated I cant.

Ive tried the mcc version and that one was hugh in file and really messy gui for my taste.. but there I could in dedicated place objects.

Can we call an external script with VTS? I do not want something that comes up in the player context menu. I just want to run something via a command line in VTS that would be globaly executed... global being the key. I'm out on medical and could use a fun project. Think of them as "plugins".

Everything done in the script command line is executed on all client, so a [] execvm "Yeah.sqf" will try to run the yeah.sqf script on every body.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

Yeah I saw how you could scrollwheel up an object and down to ground. And I really pushed the object to the ground =)

No mods or addons, tried first with the usual Im using. I logged in as admin on server, restarted it, but cant spawn/place not in 3d or 2d even if it states it has "Spawned".

In host I can place objects, but as soon as I go dedicated I cant.

Ive tried the mcc version and that one was hugh in file and really messy gui for my taste.. but there I could in dedicated place objects.

Weird, testing out, confirmed something went wrong with B18 in dedicated server mode (still dedicated + HC work fine), thank you for noticing it Trick99, I'm investigating it. ok its fixed, B19 is on its way.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

B19 released, let me know if you encounter any issue :)

Edited by L etranger

I tested it out now, it works great, so whatever it was, it got fixed =)

Thanks and a great setup this is !

I tested it out now, it works great, so whatever it was, it got fixed =)

Thanks and a great setup this is !

Thanks, I re-uploaded B19 again to hotfix a bug on dedicated environment with the option "All player are GMs" (which was stoping the Dedicated server to generate the spawnable list). Should be smooth now

Hi,

L etranger - thanks for your work it's really awesome to use and it has given me already hours (testing) of fun. Q: is it possible with VTS to

change the class/slots in the lobby ?? no-doubt I'm overlooking something - thanks

Hi,

L etranger - thanks for your work it's really awesome to use and it has given me already hours (testing) of fun. Q: is it possible with VTS to

change the class/slots in the lobby ?? no-doubt I'm overlooking something - thanks

Hey, thank glad you enjoy it. To change the class you would need to edit the mission (Extract it from it pbo). Then you can edit it in the editor

Thanks for your fast reply - Best

B20 version:

-Fixed shop loadout issue when launcher have a missile in the tube

-Cleaned obsolete script

-Spawned vehicle in 3D shouldn't tend to stay hovering anymore

-Removed clunky "player > insertion" command (use "Group teleport" or "Players > base" instead).

-Updated Music playback network method.

-Updated Time method

-Updated Weather method (now instant on A3, to workaround BIS bugs)

-Removed all the obsolete triggers in the mission (performance improvement)

-Updated method to Finish mission on Success or Fail.

-Still trying to fix the drowning on connect

-Fixed Revive GM command not removing captive effect on player

Edited by L etranger

Quelle honte... Je n'ai jamais pensé non plus à te dire merci pour ton taf :)

Amazing work man. Keep going on.

B20 out, Steam workshop version corrupt again...

Edited by L etranger