l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

New test version, with the huge changelist : DL

It should become the beta 08 if everything's fine. I plan to release the beta 08 on Friday or Saturday, it happens to became a huge release over time. Lot of improvement & bugfixs.

Thanks L'Etranger! Will have a good go at this one later on this evening !

Next version change log :

-Added character visualization to the change class function (like the shop)

-Added a Min & Max button for easier "item unlocking/locking" on the GM shop interface.

-Added a "R2D" spawn button, to allow randomized spawn in a position inside the brush.

-Disabling "All units markers" now disable mouse over info on map (so a GM can also play its mission without being spoiled)

-Added a rename button to allow "Persistent equipment slots" to be renamed.

-Modified the way "players markers" are created on GM side to try to improve their reliability over time.

-Replace Revive "Last stand" by "Revive - No Respawn" so you can now specify amount of life available (player bleeding to death in no Respawn will still die definitely).

-Added a new button on the GM interface "Scale interface" to either scale the interface to the screen or use the game interface size.

-Implemented an UI editor to smooth up gm interface update.

-Change side function will now give a boost in rating so player doing friendly fire while in change side doesn't turn renegade.

-Changing class when in a group should now keep squad leader as leader.

-Merged Dice buttons into 1 combolist.

-Updated interface layout to regroup functions of the same family together.

-Added a fill Cargo function, that create a group inside vehicles cargo of the same side, with the current selected faction infantries (useful for fast convoy / air support creation).

-Improved "Initial spawn on base" & "Players > to Base" to be more accurate (and reduce spawn in water probability again)

-Added a command script to spawn the Arma 2 LHD if detected in the loaded data.

-Fixed Delete function not deleting spawned target type objects.

-Added A3 parachute (Beta) item to fix the "Parachute a group" function now to work on A3.

-Added a command to activate some kind of N2O for vehicles (more for fun & stunt).

-Now filtering work is available for all type of listing in the GM interface

-Shop update : the balance must now be set in the shop instead of the GM interface

-Shop update : Shops are now specific to each side (items counts & balance) and does not share the same equipment availability.

-Shop update : Added button to Fill all or unfill all items from a shop for GM.

-Fixed : In the shop, was able to sell some items without them to be removed from the inventory.

-Added buttons to access all shops on the GM interface.

-Fixed: Land & Transport unload should now work with group with multiple vehicles

-Improved : Starting with no equipment will now remove head gear / vest & pockets items (maps etc...)

-Added units count per side on the GM interface

-A3 specific : Replaced resistance placeholder by A3 Beta green units.

-Fixed "player killed" log not displayed in Log on Dedicated environment.

-Hopefully fixed the random Task manager issues

-Destroy terrain improvement : Now work on A3 buildings too, and should be better sync to JIP players. NOT WORKING ON DEDI

-Fixed : Change class function was listing faction with no men available (ex : if you AiA with CO content disable, or for custom addons factions with no infantry)

-Improved Revive system : Dying on water nearer than 1KM of the shore will wash you on the ground nearby instead of respawn/immediate death.

-Improved Revive system : Dying on a spawned building should let you be revived at the spot you died, although your ragdoll crossed through (BIS bug)

Edited by L etranger

Dang Letranger. Every time I look at this thread I just see endless improvements! Good work man! I can't wait to play around on this mission

Really cool, keep the work up. I was curious, is it possible to make this into a mod, so I can utilize it with any mission?

But the mod IS the mission. You don't need any other mission when you have this :)

But the mod IS the mission. You don't need any other mission when you have this :)

Not quite.

While I do create many mission to play with my friends, I at times also want to be surprised, so I'll play something like a domination or insurgency game mode. The problem when playing those game modes then, is I can't for instance add a small enemy base to a town, or put up patrols outside the red squares in insurgency or on a side mission, making it a tad more difficult.

Or perhaps at times I want to simply spawn a gun for myself during a mission for fun.

In any case, while the flexibility of the VTS mission is huge, there is still a definite need for a mod version, which I am humbly requesting.

Hello Crierd, Did you take a look at the MCC ? It seem more suitable for your needs. The VTS is more oriented to build very quickly a mission from scratch (or reload previously prepared VTS mission).

Hello Crierd, Did you take a look at the MCC ? It seem more suitable for your needs. The VTS is more oriented to build very quickly a mission from scratch (or reload previously prepared VTS mission).

Yeah, I have been using the MCC for a long time.

Right now I currently run VTS, with the MCC mod also running, because I love the features of both of them. Like VTS is just amazing to quickly place down units to randomly patrol, or put in buildings, and I really like the gun shop and how VTS automatically detects mods like the MGB Killhouses. The AI micro management and skill selection also makes Arma 3 so much better so the AI don't head shot you from 500m away. But, I prefer the MCC Sandbox for some things, like the 3D editor which is easier to choose what you want to place, and it's smoother. It also has a better GUI and you can more precisely change the time of day or weather and etc or place IEDs.

It would just be nice to be able to run VTS as a mod like the MCC Sandbox so I can spice up a game of domination or GM a mission my friends are playing.

I wanted to just say thanks for continuing such an awesome project.

I disagree that it is easier to place objects in the 3D editor in MCC. I use both as well, but I find VTS much more intuitive.

My ideal would be for both systems to be able to read a list of premade scenarios, dropped into a separate folder, that VTS could read automatically (*.blah) then populate a BUILD menu.

I disagree that it is easier to place objects in the 3D editor in MCC. I use both as well, but I find VTS much more intuitive.

My ideal would be for both systems to be able to read a list of premade scenarios, dropped into a separate folder, that VTS could read automatically (*.blah) then populate a BUILD menu.

The MCC lags slightly, like a half a second after you hit the place button, while VTS is instant. I just prefer the MCC menu and being able to change what I place or preview various objects without closing the 3D portion. Plus I'm slightly bias to the MCC controls, I'm so use to them :P

I agree though, both reading premade scenarios like that would be great. I've become a GM junkie, it's just so fun to do lol.

I've become a GM junkie, it's just so fun to do lol.

It's the sense of power isn't it ?

Can't check it at the moment, but if someone kind could ... are there any issues with latest Arma3 Beta and VTS ?

Just wanted to say thanks for this excellent...mission? Mission doesn't do it justice really! :)

@Kremator. I've just loaded up VTS with the beta and haven't had any problems of yet. Haven't done much though. Have just spawned a submersible and I'm going to go exploring.

Thanks for the info Mjr.Hassle. I didn't think there would be problems, as VTS is designed to pull in the config for all entities.

There is a bug when you are dying in Dev. I'll upload a current vts dev version if you want a quick fix, else beta 09 should come on beta day. Just tell me if people are interested (maybe to play this weekend with dev beta) then I'll drop it there.

Edited by L etranger

When I try and place object in the editor, they are invisible and nothing is placed when i press C. The preview shows up fine, but there is nothing when I place it. The only thing that works is units, I cant pick anything up either, I managed to pick up a unit once but I couldnt pick him up again.

Pre beta 09 : DL

Please let me know if you encounter any issue in a dedicated environment.