l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

No the error is when using the DEV version and TaskHint being replaced with Notification. Thats what he means.

Arma3 VTS mission + All in Arma (AIA)

Just install AIA mod, start the VTS mission and that all ! (you will be able to test all arma objects in arma 3) and if you want create mulitplayers missions with it

VTS Mission will mount all new objects automatically

I cooked a new test version : http://neobot.fr/arma3/missions/co166_vts40_A3_130425.Stratis.pbo mainly to iron dedicated bugs that made an iceberg of issue to appear. So a lot of sensible code was rewritten to melt that iceberg :j: again. Meaning some new bug could appear.

Current changelog of beta 05:

-Spawning code & Load/Save code improved for more flexbility.

-Fixed multi GM spawn conflict when a hosting player is a GM.

-Fixed orders not using the correct brush size on unit spawn, on dedicated server environement.

-Teleporting player to respawn will now teleport player in the tent when the tent is on water.

-Moving the respawn base will now place the base at the top of any object found at the specific position (usefull to move respawn on a carrier or atop a building, but beware the trees).

-Teleporting user will now put them atop of any building found at the specific position.

-Added an emtpy selection at the end of the shoplist to "fix" a bug where sometime an item would be out of the scrollbar reach.

-Players should be less prone to spawn in water.

-Spawn base should now work correctly if above water surface.

-Improved user teleportation function.

-Fixed : Ammoboxes type spawned 2 times.

-Fixed : Shop returning to primary weapon panel when changing panel before the weapons were displayed.

-Added support for Arma III fog.

-Removed usage of Arma III deleted script commands.

-Shop is now by default on : All unlocked & Starting Balance 100 M$

-Musics are now JIP sync.

-Added an option in the mission param to select the type of respawn / revive "Standard Respawn, Anyone can revive, Only Medic can revive".

-Added skill display on the unit mouse overlay.

-Fixed Load/Save function : Was sometime not correctly spawning some kind of object or missing object in the array.

-Players varname are now automatically assigned (no more need to set unit name when editing the mission in the editor, except for the GM units).

-Improved : Shop is now displaying, if any, weapons attachments in the description of an item.

-New feature : Allow player to recognize friendly face name nearby ala ACE (adjustable in mission parameters, On by default).

-AI Micromanagement function improvement : Alerted AI now engage and spot for on a farer distance.

-Improved info panel : Now also displaying information about the currently selected spawn.

-New feature : Added a custom group and the ability to add / remove unit of a custom group (they are shared across GMs).

-Improved shop : Now also display primary weapon using both primary & secondary slot.

-Improved 3D camera / placement / displacement : now working even if the GM is inside a vehicle.

-Fixed : Sometime Helicopter were not taking off after issued a new order.

Edited by L etranger

Thanks for the update L'Etranger. Once BIS release the dedi server exe I'll be able to help test then too.

Until then, really enjoying the battles.

Oh BTW I did a test pulling units into and out of UPS and they seemed to be fine. Perhaps thinking about UPSMON as a full upgrade test ?

On another note I do notice some units not taking the same stance/walk mode as others - for instance I'll set a group to Seek&Destroy and they will all go into aware stance, except one guy that will have his weapon lowered. Bug or ALPHA bug ?

Keep up the good work. It's really getting slick now :)

Thanks for the update L'Etranger. Once BIS release the dedi server exe I'll be able to help test then too.

Until then, really enjoying the battles.

Oh BTW I did a test pulling units into and out of UPS and they seemed to be fine. Perhaps thinking about UPSMON as a full upgrade test ?

On another note I do notice some units not taking the same stance/walk mode as others - for instance I'll set a group to Seek&Destroy and they will all go into aware stance, except one guy that will have his weapon lowered. Bug or ALPHA bug ?

-You can already put dedicated server with the -server param. That's how I test on my side.

-I did some modification so we can kill the UPSMON patrol script to make sure other order can be issued. But upgrading an order to a full Dynamic AI using multiple scripts is too much a bug hole. Also keep in mind that VTS philosophy is more a on the fly mission designing editor than a mission generator. GM must always be able to keep control of what happen. Have you tried using all your groups wit the UPSMON order? Also remember some people could use some AI enhancement mod of any sort. Wich mean the VTS must keep the track the closest to the waypoint usage and avoid major low level AI ordering to avoid future conflict (that's how the vts AI micro managament btw, changing dynamically waypoints to make sure AI react correctly to events with good in the box behaviors).

-About stance I'm not sure, sometime AI act strangely, but order are issued to a group and not an unit. So if a Unit act strange when the other of the group act correctly, It's more an engine bug.

Edited by L etranger

I actually do have a dedi server, but it is old and needs the proper server.exe as it cannot handle DX11.

No problem on the UPSMON stuff, was thinking more of units manning fortifications automatically (that UPSMON can do)

Downloading new version now :)

Found a bug in the new test code. The 3D placement was broken in Player Host environment, it's now fixed. I'll put some more test

Beware the new Dev branch, breaking a lot of VTS feature with the new security change. I'll need some time to figure what the best solution for the VTS to keep it's backward compatiblity with Arma 2 while beeing on Arma 3 path progress.

I think that it is going to cause headaches but it is best for security in the end.

I think that it is going to cause headaches but it is best for security in the end.

Well if only it was better for multiplayer... I would said no. I'll try to explain better in another post.

Is is possible to add the new fog system into VTS? Perhaps another slider next to the fog setting already there ?

Nice one mate. Will check that one out later ... once I have finished my marking that is! Damn GCSE coursework is killing me !

Any new goodies in this version?

PS loving the new FPS counter .... really useful. Have been having some MAJOR AI battles and monitor the FPS is wonderful.

EDIT: Something has REALLY gone wrong with the aggressiveness of the troops. Using today's beta patch (which I assume was the same(ish) as before) troops need to get very very close (CQB) before they engage, and even when they do engage they aren't that angry :( . This is on skill 1 from the slider. When I try exactly the same thing in the editor they kick ass from a large distance. I did have AI micromanage on. Any ideas?

Edited by Kremator

Does this happen with group or single unit ? I have no such issue.

Edited by L etranger

With groups. Vanilla dev version. Start them with not move out of sight. Then give them S&D WPs to eachother. They advance but when they see eachother they dont fire until REALLY close.

This is on a server/client machine.

EDIT It seems like they are not in aware mode (although they are!) They call out when they see enemies but they are not engaging. Tried is also with AI micromanage off and still they do not engage.

Wierd.

Edited by Kremator

Are you using some mods ? I tried to reproduce what you did a Blue Group vs Red Group, moving with S&D waypoint together before knowing each others. The Blue group got whipped out by the Red somehow. The blue wasn't very agressive but reds were.

Edited by L etranger

No mods. There is either something wrong with the skill slider or normal move waypoints. I have just tried todays alpha in the editor and in VTS and there is something very wrong with the AI in VTS. Give the AI a move order towards the enemy, and the enemy a move order towards the other AI in the editor and watch ... they will engage from 300m+. Try exactly the same in VTS and they will walk up to eachother almost !

Am going to try immediately spawning them with the S&D waypoint to see if that helps now in VTS.

EDIT: Just tried beta04 and the AI are absolutely fine and attacking as they should..... so version 290413 is buggy :(

Edited by Kremator

I can confirm the troop aggressiveness bug in version 290413 of the latest dev build as well.

Cheers Donkey. L'etranger has nailed the error ... I'll let him explain however what happened - NOT his fault actually :)

From our PMs L'Etranger will be adding even more goodies.