l etranger

VTS 4.0 - Live Multiplayer Mission Creating Tool for A3

So, if you turn on godmode and parachute, this happens.

Thank you for letting me do this I had about 3 hours of straight fun hahaha. But also just using the normal VTS like you are suppose to is a lot of fun!

:D Yeah, there's no parachute at the moment in A3 Alpha. But i'm too lazy to disable a function that, technically, work :p

So far so good, implemented feature for the incoming VTS 4.0 :

-Allow multiple gamemasters (disabled by default in the mission parameters).

-Improved take control.

-Commanding live feed console.

-Improved 3D object placement.

-Fixed IEDs.

-Added sabotagable object.

Cool L'Etranger ... can't wait to give it a try !

Question .. have always wondered why it takes quite a while to initialise the mission? Can be about 30 seconds on the load screen. I do have a 4GHz PC too. It's not a problem, just wondered.

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

OK another thing .... could you look at being able to adding an FPS monitor (server and client) for the GM?

...and finally, what about being able to bring DAC into the mix too ?

-About the loading time, I'm wondering too, I know it come from the Init which is a bit heavy, I'll try to check out in the future.

-FPS monitor ? you can have ded. server framerate with #monitor 1. Are you asking for something requesting performance report of all connected player?

-I'm not sure if DAC would be compatible (what if you delete dac marker or unit withc special dac script, etc...)

Thanks L'Etranger. Don't want to give you huge amounts of work :)

DAC should be fine.... just needs markers. Will have to have a play around with it.

Ok I fixed the long loading... fun that it wasn't happen on A2. It was some abuse of the 0 number.

I would be interested by someone interested to test the VTS 4.0.

The multi GMing need to be stressed on dedicated server environment.

Edited by L etranger

I would volunteer my services but I can't get my dedi server running presently. Willing to test otherwise however :)

VTS is now evolving from 3.5 to 4.0 !

The Beta 01 (first page) is up and kicking, thanks for the test and support guys.

A lot of major changes and improvements. Hope you like it.

VTS become better each week.....

Thx for your work L'Etranger....

This really has amazing potential. All that limits you is your imagination. So I'm thinking up stories to carry out as missions :)

Nice Mod ! Very powerful for just role-playing on the fly

Is it possible to delete single opjects or to delete in a very small radius?

And is it possible to change the GUI, maybe have some presets for it?

This really has amazing potential. All that limits you is your imagination. So I'm thinking up stories to carry out as missions :)

I got sad when this project stopped back in Arma 2. The day i saw this thread by L etranger i felt like this:

1912-so-much-win_inline.jpg

Nice Mod ! Very powerful for just role-playing on the fly

Is it possible to delete single opjects or to delete in a very small radius?

And is it possible to change the GUI, maybe have some presets for it?

You can delete with a radius of 6 which his small.

About the interface, i would like to do some improvement. But unfortunately their is no correct tool for A3 out there. It's like 40 minute to create a new button , place it correctly and scaling it correctly. So much pain.

There has got to be a better way! Perhaps an expert in dialogs could help out?

Dang, I just saw that the weapon randomizer doesn't work correctly on Dedicated, when I needed it...

Ok, fixed it, I'll wait if more bugs appear, then I'll release Beta 02.

Edited by L etranger

I have updated the beta 01 to fix and improve the weapon randomizer. Please redownload the version if you use it (else wait for beta 02).

What's in now for the next beta 02 :

-Added Urban patrol (UPS) to order list

-Rewritten the class switch system and enabled it by defaut, it's now fully working. You can switch to a engineer to repair vehicle or a demo expert to disarm mine.

-Added an option so squad leader can see other squad leader positions.

-Fixed and improved weapon randomizer.

Yeah I did disabled it because it was too buggy. But now Beta 02 is out ! It's enabled by default. If you use the parameter no weapon at start, changing class will just give you the class and the uniform. When I'm doing VTS I prefer the player to buy their own equipment from what I decide is available to them :).

Thx !

Your mission is really a great tool.

IIRC, it's possible to save the list of command send to VTS. Has anybody shared some complex missions ?

Thanks. I did build some special places for my own session, I'll share them later I think.

For the beta 03 I'll focus on AI behavior improvement. I'm bit bored about the current reaction of non scripted AI. So right now I'm working into adding simple but coherent scripted behavior to spawned unit. They'll will be more lively and immersive (ie : jumping to cover when shoot on, asking nearby friendly group to help them, hunting enemy unit in the area...). It's a bit complex to implement due to all the manipulation VTS allow on the fly but it's shaping pretty good I think. It'll also help GM a lot by removing the need of micro managing group waypoint & combat mode etc...