B. Installation

C. Lobby settings

D. Start up

E. Game Master interface manual and overview

F. Freelook mode

G. The shop/money

A. What is VTS ?

Author's words:

VTS allow the Game master to create multiplayer cooperative missions in real time (players connected). with a lot of short cuts to make it quickly

You don't need to know anything in scripting or mission editing

it's really easy to use and intuitive, you can spawn everything on the map just in 2 clicks

You can play in MP or SP (very good to test new islands, vehicles or to use Arma in Role play with friends)

B. Installation

Extract the .pbo file in MPMissions folder, located inside the main Arma 3 folder.

Example: Q:\games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

C. Lobby settings

Once the players are in the game lobby, someone must take the game master role (BLUFOR, Alpha 1-1). Many settings can be changed if you hit the "parameters" button.

Here is the explanation for a few of them:

Allow class change: the player can choose to spawn inside a different unit. This option is accessed at the base. For example, a player that is playing a rifleman can choose to be a grenadier.

Allow group change: the player can switch group. This option is accessed in the communication radio menu.

Allow game master switch: When set to "no", if the game master disconnect, nobody can take his slot in the lobby room. It must be the same player, or else the player will be kicked back to the lobby.

D. Start up

Once the mission is started, each side is spawned randomly next to their base/spawn point on a random location of the island. The GM is spawned next to the BLUFOR base.

E. Game Master interface manual and overview

The game master can access the Computer (GM interface) in the action menu. You can leave the GM interface at any time by clicking the Exit button or by pressing Escape.

585ca99c011afadc09a6a68a1dca3.jpg

1 Respawn base/shop location

2 Spawn menu

3 Interact menu

4 Players Interaction menu

5 Command line input box

6 Triggers spawn menu

7 Misc1

8 Load/save menu

9 Dices roll

10 Task management menu

11 Forecast menu

12 Destroy/kill commands

13 Effects/music

14 Spawn/End mission

15 Ambiant sounds

16 Set the team account balance

1 Respawn base/shop location

Allows you to move the respawn location for each side. Also move the shop. Click on the side you want to move, then click on the map where you want to place the new spawn point

2 Spawn menu

Pretty much self explanatory, like in the editor, you can spawn units, groups and objects.

Once you have selected wich object you want to spawn, just click on the "2D" button then click on the map where you want to add the object. You can add it in 3D (freelook mode) to be able to place it precisely where you want. Just click on the "3D" button then click on the map, the camera will be teleported where you clicked and you will be able to move the object.

-You can choose a special behavior for the spawned unit, in the droplist "1-Not move"(default behavior, standing still). You can tell a unit to patrol in a specific pattern and radius, where you see "Patrol (something*radius)". You can choose the radius on the "< Radius 50 >" by clicking on the brackets. The number is the actual radius. Note that the waypoint computing doesn't check if there is water or not. Keep that in mind when designing your missions.

-The init droplist: you can choose a predefined init line that will call a predefined script included in the vts. These are:

[object] call vts_isPickable;

Can be used on any kind of object, the object will be pickable. If a player pick it up, the GM and players will be notified.

[object] call vts_isHostage;

Can only be used on Men kind of object, the unit will have a hostage behavior. Be carefull, if enemies spot you close to it, they could kill it. If killed the GM and players are notified. Hostage can follow players.[object] call vts_isPickable;

[object] call vts_isIED;

Can be used on any kind of object, the object will explose if something too noisy come close. If a player disarm the device, the GM and players will be notified.

[object] call vts_isTarget;

Can be used on any kind of object, it the object is destroyed, the GM and players will be notified.

[object] call vts_isVIP;

Can be used on any kind of object. If the object is kill, the GM ands players will be notified. VIP can follow players.

[object] call vts_isIED;

Can be used on any kind of object, the object will explose if something too noisy come close. If a player disarm the device, the GM and players will be notified.

[object] call vts_isTarget;

Can be used on any kind of object, it the object is destroyed, the GM and players will be notified.

[object] call vts_isVIP;

Can be used on any kind of object. If the object is kill, the GM ands players will be notified. VIP can follow players.

3 Interact menu

Del: Delete everything in the selected radius (check the spawn menu for radius selection). Just click on Del and click on the map

Clone: Clone a group of units. Allow you to quickly create groups and duplicate them. Click on the clone button, then click on the group you want to be cloned (on the map), finally, click on the map where you want the duplicated group to be spawned

Join: group 2 units together. Select wich unit you want to enter a group, then select the unit you want the first one to be grouped with.

Take control: Allow the GM to take control of the selected unit. Once you have taken control of the unit, you can come back in the actual GM character with the action menu.

4 Players interaction menu

Teleport everyone: Teleport every players in the same place, regardless of their sides. Click on the button, then click on the map

Teleport: teleport a single unit.

Note that next to the player name, you can see the ID of the unit. It can be usefull if you want to execute a command on a specific player, example:

You want to kill the player named kibot, you enter in the command line input box(see below): user1 SetDamage 1

Disable / enable markers for GM:

Players: Toggle button. Allow the players to see the markers of other players on the map.

All: Toggle button. Allow the players to see EVERY markers that the GM can see on the map.

Move an object around: Allow the GM to move an object in freelook mode (can even be a player). Click on the button, then click on the object on the map.

Fill roads with vehicle from current side: Populate roads with vehicle from the selected side in the spawn menu (top left corner, WEST in the picture, "a" in the picture). Area populated is designated by the radius button, also in the spawn menu. Click on "Roads" then click on the map, on the center of the area you want to populate with cars. Cars will be automaticly placed on roads. They will also patrol on their own.

Fill interior with current side (radius): Fill randomly every building in a set radius (see the radius button on the spawn menu) with units of the selected side(see the spawn menu, top left corner, "a" in the picture).

Teleport a group and its vehicle: Teleport a group. Click the Teleport button, then click on the group on the map, then click where you want it to be teleported

Parachute a group: Not yet implemented in Arma 3 Alpha

Apply current side to a group: Allow a group to switch side. First, in the spawn menu, select the side you want to apply to the group ("a" in the picture). Then click on the Change Side button and then click on the group you want to change.

Populate with civilians: Populate an area with civilians in a 100m radius. Also spawn traffic.

5 Command line input box:

Allow the player to execute commands. A few can be chosen from the droplist just below the input box. Just type the command and then click "Ok" next to "Execute ----"

Script: Not working.

6 Triggers spawn menu:

Allow to spawn triggers. Pretty much like in the editor.

7 Misc buttons:

Acc time: Toggle between timelapse and real time. Timelapse: 1 day will ellapse in 12 minutes

Camera: Enter freelook mode. Click on camera button then on the map and you will enter in freelook mode where you clicked on the map

God mode: Toggle button. Allow the GM to be invisible to the AI. Doesn't allow to be invincible

8 Load/save menu

Clicking this box will allow you to access your VTS activities. It allows you to save(copy to clipboard then paste in a .txt file) most of your VTS activities (done since the beginning of your session and shop-unlocks & balances) and reload them. To load your saved VTS history, copy to clipboard what you want to load, then copy it in the main text box. Then, just click the "Build this" button.

9 Dices roll

Allow the GM to roll the dices. Only the GM can see the results.

10 Task management menu

Allow the GM to add tasks(objectives) for the desired side (selected in the spawn menu, top left corner, "a" in the picture).

First, add a short title in the input box and select the side on the spawn menu wich you want to add a task. Once you've done that, click "Create a new task" and then click on the map. The task will be created and the players will be prompted.

Set task succeeded: Make a task accomplished. Click on the button, then click on the task marker on the map.

Set task failed: Make a task failed. Click on the button, then click on the task marker on the map.

11 Forecast menu

Allow the GM to set the forecast and time of day. Fog and rain: 0 is nice weather, 10 is bad weather. The rest is pretty self explanatory

12 Destroy/kill commands

Destroy buildings: Not working yet

Kill everything: Kill everything in a set radius (defined with the radius button, in the spawn menu, b). Click on the button, then click on the center of the area on the map where you want to kill everything.

13 Effects/music

Lights effects: Allows the GM to add post-process effect.

Play music: Alllows the GM to play music. Selecting a track in the droplist will play the track only for the GM. Clicking on "All" button will broadcast the track for every players.

14 Spawn/End mission

Players -> to respawn: Teleport all players to their spawn points

[END MISSION]Success: End the mission on a "success" state. Screen will fade out with "Victory" written in the middle of the screen. Then the mission ends

[END MISSION]Fail: End the mission on a "fail" state. Screen will fade out with "Defeat" written in the middle of the screen. Then the mission ends

15 Ambiant sounds

Allows the GM to add ambiant sounds. Select the sound in the droplist, then click the "place" button and then click somewhere on the map.

16 Set the team account balance:

Allows the GM to set the account balance for a specific team to use on the shop. First, select the side you want to set the amount of money in the spawn menu (just next to the account balance input box, "a" in the picture), then set the desired amount of money then click "Set".

F. Freelook mode

Once in the freelook mode, press "H" for help and an overview of the commands

G. The shop/money

The shop can be accessed usually by every players at their base/spawn point. It allows players to equip themselves with the available equipment pool. Equipement can be made available by 2 ways: the GM can unlock the gear or the player can sell one specific piece of equipement to unlock it at the shop. Note that the money pool the players use to buy equipement is shared across the entire side (BLUFOR, OPFOR, civilian, ...).

Edited by L etranger

Bloody loving this - I've been making missions for the last 10 years for Ghost Recon and Arma2 and this is just so easy. Don't need to spend weeks building missions just throw in a couple of objectives, add some opfor and let the boys at 'em.

I really love this mission! VTS makes it really easy to tailor an operation to your current groups needs. Cool, an AI group is a bit too accurate? Go ahead and use

{_x setskill ["aimingShake",0.15];} foreach allunits;

for the units. You want to garrison units easily and dynamically? Cool. A couple of clicks and you're done.

Besides some non-responsive bugs and what-not, VTS is amazing for impromptu operations!

Genesis thanks for the head up. It's one parameters i don't handle when setting spawn skill. It will be handled in the next version !

A ton of new feature and bug fix for the next release ...

Just having fun ^^

60e633496e5a9ca3d171e3fe166e0t.jpg

Edited by L etranger

Thanks a lot for this neat mission L'etranger :)

I and a buddy had great fun playing it for a few hours.

We had 2 oddities, hope sharing helps:

1/when respawning we reappear in shop, but in need of revive

2/even changing to repair soldier, we're unable to fix a damaged helo

Thanks again for the fun !

it's possible to have an option in parameter for respawn with last equipement and not only with a pistol (all primary weapons and tools ?)

It would be very useful for my players :)

Alpha 4 up. I did a huge lifting in the some part of the code, cleaning a lot of old useless and memory / perf code hog. I also written a new revive system that should improve performance and be friendly to use. It's a risky release so please let me now if you encounter any major issue (small one too:).

@Baph For now you should respawn with your initial gear when respawning (the revive system will be upgraded later :).

@Roll let me now about the new revive system. I didn't take look at A3 class roles. I'll take a look at how it work (did you take the repair soldier in the lobby, or did you buy its gear at the shop?)

Alllll right! Can't wait to give this is a try! Dedicated fixes are welcome for sure ^_^

I'm all for testing VTS and making it better :)

---------- Post added at 23:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

Liking the Point at Map function.

All you need to do now is to have the 2D/3D placing INSIDE camera mode ! Can it even be done ... as it would be awesome !

I implemented a headless client slot, so we can unload server from AI computation, for epic spawns battle !

I also ironed an issue with tool sometime not correctly selecting unit.

And fixed & improved some small bugs there and there.

Beta version should come soon.

Edited by L etranger

Keep going L'etranger!

More features, more features :) What about my request for 3D placement inside the Camera mode (so having a dialog present, and able to release the mouse etc)?

You mean placing different 3d stuff, without never leaving free cam?

Yes. Possible ?

Yes and it's done ! If you use 3D Creation, displacement or preview from Freecam, they are build on site. Once done you get back to freecam at the (approximatively) same place. Else, theses tools work like usual (click on mini map required) if not in freecam.

Next release :)

Edited by L etranger

For the secondary game master request, since i cleaned the scripts and did a huge overhaul i think it could be possible in a near future, can't promise anything yet.

Alpha 4 up. I did a huge lifting in the some part of the code, cleaning a lot of old useless and memory / perf code hog. I also written a new revive system that should improve performance and be friendly to use. It's a risky release so please let me now if you encounter any major issue (small one too:).

@Baph For now you should respawn with your initial gear when respawning (the revive system will be upgraded later :).

@Roll let me now about the new revive system. I didn't take look at A3 class roles. I'll take a look at how it work (did you take the repair soldier in the lobby, or did you buy its gear at the shop?)

Thanks a lot for support !

Repair guy: in the lobby, as far as i remember.

I'm far from my gaming laptop for week, will try the new version when back home, thanks again :yay:

Woohoo !

I had a look at the camera view idea. But I think you misunderstand me. What I was wanting was to be able to go INTO camera mode first then have full access to the Computer. Can camera view have the computer dialog overlay ?

Edited by Kremator

Really gob job and update ;)

Hope arty in Alpha 6 ;)

Is there a way to speed up other people seeing the created objects? I'm using my client as a host, and it can take up to 30-50seconds before the others can see the object/soldier/car etc.

Is there a way to speed up other people seeing the created objects? I'm using my client as a host, and it can take up to 30-50seconds before the others can see the object/soldier/car etc.

Waouuu you must have a problem, me when i host, it s about 1-2 seconds...

Actually I will check again soon, as my t'internizzle was playing up at the time. Perhaps a false report .... checking ....