Sign in to follow this  
pappmensch

The SetPos Command doesn't work for me, are there any alternatives?

Hi guys, my first post here :)

Yeah what can I say? Pretty exited about Arma 3 as it really feels good to play it and I'm already digging it. However, I'm the kind of Arma player who mostly uses the editor just to have some sandbox fun. Today i wanted to do some more than just placing mines everywhere and sending squads of BLUE through them (fuck yeah man, ragdolls) :D. I wanted to put a guy into a watchtower using the old SetPos Cmd:

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1,3]; this setunitpos "up";

and while SetUnitPos works like a charm, SetPos doesn't do anything.

Thanks in Advance,

The pappmensch.

(ps.: tried the search function but i only got kind of like an overview of all threads)

Edit #1: Okai I just found it out by myself. To Anyone who actually wants what I wanted (placing a unit in a desired high): you want to open the unit in the editor and fill out the "Elevation" field in the EDIT UNIT dialog. As for watchtowers a value of 5 is okai to make them spawn perfectly in it.

Edited by pappmensch

That's odd...

I used this on a character in a mission and it worked fine..

this setpos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 5]

There is a new feature added to the unit dialog, in the bottom left hand section called "elevation". It removes the need for using the setpos command in the init.