Finished my tests for the newest 6.0.1 version

Issues found:

"NOSLOW" doesn't work on its own, only when used with "FORTIFY". Groups that only have "NOSLOW" will just move slow like the command wasn't used.

Using the "MIN:",X,"MAX:",Y command results in lots of script errors, here's the link for the RPT file: Click

Artillery is firing fine, is it actually firing like in the previous upsmon versions or is it a scripted artillery fire? The rounds were flying for only 3 seconds at a distance of 250m, which seems way too low to be real artillery fire. Not a big fan of that since in the old upsmon version AI used artillery just fine, even without using the specific upsmon artillery module.

The changes for surrender and retreat are welcome but needs some further testing.

UPSMON paradrop is doing fine too, although the chopper is a bit too high when dropping off troops, so they jump down 2-3m. At least they no longer eject mid-air and splat on the ground.

cheers

@Grumpy old man

Just to confirm, you test 6.0.1 and not 6.0.3 ?

Noslow:

You mean it doesn't work in combat behaviour ? If so it's normal.

Clones:

I will check the bug. But can you send me your mission?

Artillery:

It's based on Monsada work, I had some new parameter and artillery is more link to UPSMON squad.

Artillery use the BIS artillery system so I don't know how it is based on real life.

Do you put the debug on to check it ?

Before it was like that:

Artillery unit take a target in the array of UPSMON targets

then

Artillery unit fire one round

The round is deleted when the artillery fire.

sleep 20; (I don't remenber the exact number)

then

spawn artillery round just above the target.

You can check the artillery computer in the editor to test the time needed.

Paradrop:

What you will recommend for height ?

Hi I just finally wanted to express how glad I am that you guys are putting so much love into this!

I have been monitoring this thread and using your new scripts since Arma 3 and it just makes it all so much more interesting, and mission making a piece of cake ;)

Thanks for all the hard work, very much appreciated!!!

@Grumpy old man

Just to confirm, you test 6.0.1 and not 6.0.3 ?

Noslow:

When placing units with this command outside combat they just walk slowly and don't utilize the "noslow" command which should make them run to their assigned waypoints instead of slowly walking in safe mode like it has always been.

Cloning:

here you go

kinda weird because that issue didn't show up in the version of pastor399 you can find here

Artillery:

so there's actually no way to make the artillery fire at a target on their own without all that deleting the shell and spawning a new one? using the fortify command the AI will do fire real mortar rounds at known enemy locations

Paradrop:

as I said, the chopper is hovering a bit too high for a proper and safe insertion, it's about 2-3m altitude when the cargo units eject. that's way too high, they get hurt most of the time. lowering this to below 1m would be fine.

real paradrops aren't possible from what I know, since you would need to remove all backpacks from the units and add a parachute to them manually. after having tried a few AI paradrops in the editor they eject fine and also open their parachutes at a safe height, but they will die upon landing, still a vanilla arma3 issue that hasn't been resolved yet.

Noslow:

Is the parameter work well with Pastor's version ?

Cloning:

It's really weird, I found the problem, it seems that a variable isn't define but it's the same in Pastor's version so I don't know why it's work on his version.

Artillery:

Artillery unit will fire on their on if they see directly the target, I think.

Like I said it's the Bis Artillery system.

Paradrop:

ok I was not sure if you talking about paradrop or landing.

It will be nice if BIS add the previous simple parachute :/ .

Hello, I have a question about the fortify option.

Iv'e seen fortify units check for buildings in a certain área independent on the marker.

So, I want to use UPSMon to defend one single building in a city.

How this can be done?

Fortify units will take the nearest building near the leader, At least 3 units or more, the rest of squad will take the next in the list of building near the leader.

I update the two version:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147808-UPSMON-for-arma3&p=2537820&viewfull=1#post2537820

Paradrop and Cloning module have been corrected.

Now you need to add in the UPSMON parameter ["Delete:",nbr] for the clone module.

I'm not sure about the Noslow module.

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

The "NOSLOW" parameter never worked properly. Maybe even in original UPS (not UPSMON), though I'm not sure about that.

Fortify units will take the nearest building near the leader, At least 3 units or more, the rest of squad will take the next in the list of building near the leader.

Thanks man. A doubt: they are not ordered to completeley fill the building, isn't it? So, in order to keep units in a building (let's say the hospital), I should use lot's of groups of three man instead of few groups of eight. Am I right?

@barbolani

What i fear is that some units from other group move in the same spot.

How works fortify module:

When the group found a list of enterable buildings (near the leader) first they will check the number of buildingpos from each building.

if the building doesn't have minimum 3 buildingpos, it is'nt use.

Building have three buildingpos then 2 units will move inside if there are eight or more buildingpos then at minimum there is 3 units going in or at max 6 units.

Thanks cool. Understood.

Just a suggestion, as you are leading the evolution of this script: could be a fine adition if the checked buildings were only those in the marker area.

I suppose if a unit is ordered to move to a building pos already occupied, it will keep trying and in the surrounding buildingpos so maybe it is not a big problem.

Would someone please be kind enough to explain how to get Paradrop to work,I`ve tried searching for an explanation but can`t find anything.

Thanks.

To make things clear, it's said that using TPWCAS is highly recommended when using verison 6.0.3 ...

Azroul, is it only recommended and will work properly without aswell... or should one use 6.0.1 when not running TPWCAS?

If you don't use TPWCAS with 6.0.3 you don't have any error. The Ia will simply doesn't take into account supression so some reaction will be simply randomnized.

If you don't use TPWCAS with 6.0.3 you don't have any error. The Ia will simply doesn't take into account supression so some reaction will be simply randomnized.

Thanks alot for the info, mate! :)

Is there any trick to getting the Ambush to work? I am having a few issues with it. Firstly, the ambush should be directed towards the South, but the AI always face to the North. The mines are placed to the South, but the soldiers always face the other way.

Also is there any way to make the placement of the mine a bit more specific. It can be very hard to get the mines placed anywhere near where you want them to be placed.

I am using UPSMON together with SpunFIN's AI Spawn Script Pack, and I have no real issues using UPSMON as a custom init for the units AISSP spawns.

For testing purposes, I have a trigger setup to spawn the AI with the following code.

nul = ["mkrAmbush",2,10,[true,false],[false,false,false],true,[3,1],[3,0],"default",nil,"if(this==(leader(group this)))then{nul= [this,'mkrAmbush1','nowp','track','showmarker','AMBUSH','AMBUSHDIR:','SOUTH','AMBUSHDIST:',25] execVM 'scripts\upsmon.sqf'};",nil] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";

The section below is my call to setup UPSMON

"if(this==(leader(group this)))then{nul= [this,'mkrAmbush1','nowp','track','showmarker','AMBUSH','AMBUSHDIR:','SOUTH','AMBUSHDIST:',25] execVM 'scripts\upsmon.sqf'};"

if(this==(leader(group this)))then{ 

is used so that UPSMON control is only set for the leader of the spawned AI group, as AISSP runs the custom init for all spawned units.

I have also linked my mission files in case anyone is able to have a look and see what the issue is. Is there a better way to do this? I know i don't strictly need to use UPSMON\AISSP to spawn a random number of AI and setup an ambush, but as I am going to be using UPSMON in the mission for other parts i figured why not try.

Mission Files

I originally did not have "nowp" and I still have the same result. I copied and pasted from and uploaded the wrong mission. The one I have no is exactly the same but does not have "nowp"

Edited by thestuntman

The mine placement seems a LOT better, but it still seems like the AI will not face the direction of the Ambush, in fact in this updated version for some reason the AI like to stay standing up and sometimes even bunch up together. I have had another occasion where one of the AI units has run away from the main AI group and gone prone in a completely different direction to where the mines are placed.

If you could get the mine placement from this latest version, with the unit placement of previous ones but have them face the correct way you would make me a very happy man :D

Edit:

I've had a play with it and it still seems that the AI is very sporadic in where they move to to setup the ambush, and most of the time they do not go into Stealth and tend to stand around in a bunch. They also very rarely actually attack when the target sets off the mines or comes into view. In fact if the flag debug marker (which always seems to be in a completely different spot to where they actually move to) is far away, they will ignore combat completely and keep running away.

I'm not sure if this has to do with me using the script along side spunFIN's AI spawn scripts, but as a mission designer, I want to use something to randomize the spawns so I don't know where ambushes and patrols are coming from.

Also is it better to use a large or small marker covering the ambush site?

Edited by thestuntman

Ok now it will be good. Same link as above.

You can randomly place a group with UPSMON, you just need to add "RANDOM" in the UPSMON init parameter. It choose a position in the marker.

You can randomnize the direction of attack if you don't add "AMBUSHDIR:" .

Cool thanks. I will test it tomorrow. It's not just the random position of the spawned units that i'm worried about, it's also the number of units and their classes as well. There's plenty of other workarounds but I'd like to keep the number of scripts\scripts I have to write myself to a minimum

It still seems a little off. When i tested it, the mines were placed, the UPSMON units chose a spot to move to which seemed to be in the correct direction but also seemed a bit too far away. Once the mine ran off, they continued running towards this spot even though the enemies that set off the mine engaged them. It's like the UPSMON units completely ignore combat and being shot at until they reach the point that is chosen as the ambush spot. It seems to work a little bit better if you give the AI lots and lots of time to setup, but this makes it very hard to have an ambush set off by a vehicle setting off a trigger for example. By the time the vehicle reaches the ambush site, the UPSMON units are still running away to get into position and ignore the fact that they have just blown up a vehicle and are now being shot in the back by it's occupants.

Edited by thestuntman