It's not the last version on Armaholic.

if you want the last version see these post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147808-UPSMON-for-arma3&p=2537820&viewfull=1#post2537820

Sorry, but I am not really sure who exactly is now working on UPSMON cause i thought I saw different people release different versions.

So, are you (Cool=Azroul13) now the only one actively working on UPSMON?

If so I will update the Armaholic page with your version so we are again sure people download the most up to date and best working version.

I'm not so sure me too :o .

My version is the last I know based on work of Ollem, Shaygman and some others I forget.

version 6.0.1 is for the moment the most stable version. As noone spot any new bugs. For version 6.0.2, I'm not so sure as I just quickly tested it.

With 6.0.1 I have the bug "debug mode tells me that one unit is damaged from start" and AI is alerted/throw grenade.

And I cant download 6.0.2, the file http://www.uploadlux.com/l-lHztKrSNKn looks like the 6.0.1 (version number in Init_UPSMON.sqf and UPSMON.sqf Version = 6.0.1 ).

Edit: finaly it works with this file http://www.uploadlux.com/l-1sXoVugTEi which is exactly the same version number 6.0.1 in Init_UPSMON.sqf and UPSMON.sqf but it looks like the good one).

Please could you check and fix (update version number in files, add correct names to the links) ?

Thanks for your work.

Regards,

Edited by FSF_TargetZero

I'm having an issue with the latest version of UPSMON with AI units not getting into Unlocked, Empty vehicles

As a test i've made an area and placed an empty Hunter right next to the group and am calling UPSMON from the Team Leader's init with

nul=[this,"area0","track"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

the units start patrolling and walk right past the vehicle and do not use it.

You have to increase the size of your marker or reduce the KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist variable in Init_UPSMON.sqf

I changed my marker to 500/500 size, and have set KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist to 50 to test, the AI's destination point is 1.1 km away from where they are, and they start right next to an empty Hunter and they still will not use the vehicle.

Edit:

I changed the vehicle to a HEMMT and they got in, changed it back to a Hunter and now it works fine. It's got me baffled :\

Edited by thestuntman

It was a completely empty vehicle, not sure what happened but it works fine now.

Another thing though, is it possible to check if UPSMON if actually handling artillery, or is it just that I am getting so close to the AI artillery unit that they are firing as if UPSMON is not being used at all?

I have an OPFOR artillery unit (it is manned), with

nul=[this,[4,4,10],50,10,5] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MON_artillery_add.sqf"

in its init field.

I have a trigger that fires fine with

KRON_UPS_ARTILLERY = true; KRON_UPS_ARTILLERY_EAST_FIRE = true;

in it's On Act section and just to make sure, the artillery has direct line of fire at my Squad. I know you mentioned somewhere in this thread that you need to have a numerical advantage for them to fire, hence why i have a squad of 10, and just one artillery unit, but it seems that the only way the artillery will fire on my squad is if I move really close to it (seems about 100m or less). It seems as if UPSMON is not being used at all as this would be the same behavior as not using UPSMON.

I know there's plenty of other ways to get artillery to fire from anywhere up to it's maximum range using triggers, but I would like to use UPSMON and not need to wriet my own code if possible as it is supposed to handle different ammo types depending on the situation as well as other things

have you at least one squad with UPSMON behaviour ? The artillery won't fire at all if UPSMON group doesn't ask them to do it.

Artillery doesn't need to have sight on the target.

To know what's going wrong you can enable the Debug variable in Init_UPSMON.

I have a squad of 2 OPFOR units acting as spotters under the control of UPSMON, and debug is already enabled but it still does not fire.

I am getting a debug message telling my test patrol to get into the vehicle which they do, 2 lines regarding my 2 spotter units (only when i put myself in as OPFOR), one line saying that there is enemy detected (it only names one unit), and one line saying 1 exiting mainloop

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lnwk5hy8hp9lbg6/Untitled.jpg

Mission File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xlnh9xvkykzx26/UPSMON_TEST.Altis.zip

Edited by thestuntman

@Grumpy old Man

I will investigate for this error. Solve

Last version: (link always updated)

version 6.0.1:

http://www.uploadlux.com/l-1qEk6JBes7

version 6.0.2:

http://www.uploadlux.com/l-LdI7OB8Sey

it is highly recommended with the last version to use TPWCAS script or mod by Ollem and LordPrimate.

For this verion you need to add the name of each playable slot in your mission, in the KRON_UPS_Player array in the script "Init_UPSMON.sqf".

What's new ?

I fixe some little issues

New Parameter for UPSMON group Init line: "NOVEH2"

The group will no take any vehicle even if the group is in combat. But they always take Static weapons.

New Ambush Parameter for group Init line: You can set the direction of the ambush ("NORTH","NORTHWEST","WEST","SOUTH"...). Squad will put mine in the direction (depend if you activate mine) choosen, and all member will take cover (thank to Ollem).

[this,"area1","AMBUSHDIR:","NORTH"];

if you don't want them to put mine then:

[this,"area1","AMBUSHDIR2:","NORTH"]

New Ambush Parameter for group Init line (distance): (only in version 6.0.2) You can set the ambush distance. You need first to activate ambush system with one of the old ambush parameter ("AMBUSH", "AMBUSH:","AMBUSHDIR:", etc ) and then add: "AMBUSHDIST:",Distance.

example:

[this,"mk1","AMBUSHDIR:","NORTH","AMBUSHDIST:",75] execvm "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

AI will put a mine 75m direction North of the group.

New artillery System: Artillery won't pick random target anymore. Artillery is linked to each UPSMON squad.

Artillery will use different type of ammunition in function of the situation.

how to use it: Exactly like the old version, one Parameter change.

Parámeters: [_artillery,(_rounds,_range,_area,_cadence,_mincadence)] execvm "scripts\UPSMON\MON_artillery_add.sqf";

<- _artillery object to attach artillery script, must be an object with gunner.

<- ( _rounds ) number of munition for the artillery [FLARE,SMOKE,HE]

<- ( _area ) Dispersion area, 150m by default

<- ( _maxcadence ) Cadence of fire, is random between min, default 10s

<- ( _mincadence ) Minimum cadence, default 5s

You must add in a trigger:

KRON_UPS_ARTILLERY = true; KRON_UPS_ARTILLERY_EAST_FIRE = true;

ex: nul=[this,[4,4,10],50,10,5] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MON_artillery_add.sqf";

(thank to Carl Gustav and TPW)

New Parameter Surrender: You can activate or deactivate Surrender module. You can set the percentage of chance of Surrender per side. (Watch "Init_UPSMON.sqf")

UPSMON group will surrender only if the leader morale is very low, if there in contact with ennemy and if ennemy is near them and according to the percentage you set.

New Parameter Retreat: Same as above.

(Thank to Ollem to correct some issues)

Improvement for Fortify module: (only inversion 6.0.2) AI will watch through windows and doors more often. Doors will be closed when a group take position in a building.

Some Improvements for AI in Combat: (only in version 6.0.2)

I will recommend you to use it with TPWCAS:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166800-TPWCAS-for-A3-AI-Suppression-System-suggestions-comments-ideas-discussion

At the link above for version 6.01 - What do I click for the DL to begin? I hate clicking on links I can't read. So not sure which to click to get the 6.01 file. (also, why would one want 6.01 and not 6.02. Why is there 2 new files I guess is my question? thanks!)

Version 6.0.2 is more dependent on TPWCAS but can run without it.

When you click on one of the link you have a timer on bottom right, wait and you have a button "Télécharger" (Download).

@thestuntman

If you have: "1 exiting group" is because your group has been eliminated.

Artillery unit check if there are no friendly unit near (about 150m) the target position. I test your mission, just place a default CSAT group (with the same init than your previous group) on the hill near the chapel and watch ;) .

@Cool=Azroul13

thanks for further improving upsmon

going to do some extensive testing later today

can you make a new thread with the latest working versions and upload it to armaholic aswell?

cheers

Yes thanks for keeping this great script alive! :yay:

I rework UPSMON combat behaviour and Fortify module.

Check the link below:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147808-UPSMON-for-arma3&p=2537820&viewfull=1#post2537820

@Grumpy Old Man

I will ask bardosy if he can update the first post.

For Armaholic, I prefer wait until someone test the last script and verify that there are no more problem.

Thanks for your support.

Cool=Azroul13,

Thanks to you and all the other guys for continuing to support UPSMON. Could you please post an example of how to do this:" For this version you need to add the name of each playable slot in your mission, in the KRON_UPS_Player array in the script "Init_UPSMON.sqf"."

I see where the slot is to do it,but not sure how it should look.

Thanks.

Thanks for all your work. Love this script!

I can't for the life of me get this to work :/ Put a group down, called the script and they just stand there doing nothing.... Got marker, added p1 to init, any ideas? :S

Nvm, got it working, forgot about init.sqf :D

Edited by eXpouk