Thank you so much for continuing your work on this and sharing the code! :)

Here the new version is uploaded:

http://www.uploadlux.com/l-0ic3mDAwV1

Ollem's corrections has been apply.

I do some modification to the UPSMON artillery system. You don't have to set the range of the artillery in the UPSMON parameter. The range is now based on the type of Artillery.

Here the new version is uploaded:

http://www.uploadlux.com/l-0ic3mDAwV1

Ollem's corrections has been apply.

I do some modification to the UPSMON artillery system. You don't have to set the range of the artillery in the UPSMON parameter. The range is now based on the type of Artillery.

@Cool=Azroul13: I've made some changes to your code - Note: please be aware I did not check some of my last minute changes in ArmA yet!

Besides some minor changes I implemented 2 global variables to set usage of AI Artillery and surrender/fleeing of AI - I prefer both to be optional rather then always present.

What do you think?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96469595/_UPSMON/UPSMON_CoolAzroul/testUPSMON23_Ollem.zip

@Ollem:

No problem, I will just prefer to keep Surrender and retreat system separate from each other. The mission maker can choose if he wants to activate one or both of them.

I don't try your modification for the moment, just read the code.

Just a question relative to a problem with fortify module. Do you think we can extract window's position from config building.

I try with this code to get a window's position:

_CfgWindowbld = (configFile >> "cfgVehicles" >> (typeOf _house) >> "HitPoints" >> "Glass_1_hitpoint");
_position = getText (_CfgWindowbld >> "position");
_poswindow = _house selectionPosition _position;
_worldPos = _house modelToWorld _poswindow;
_WindowPositions = _WindowPositions + [_worldPos];
hint format ["Positions: %1",_WindowPositions];

{
_ballCover = "Sign_Sphere100cm_F" createvehicle _x;
// _ballCover attachto [_x,[0,0,5]];	
} foreach _WindowPositions;

But the position seems to be outside of the building.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

I update the UPSMON script:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147808-UPSMON-for-arma3&p=2537820&viewfull=1#post2537820

Basically, I just add Ollem correction with a little modification (see the post linked above).

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

I set the debug to zero in your latest release, but I still get spammed with what house position everyone is moving to when I start a mission, even if they're on the opposite side.

Hi, just want to say thank you to all who work to improve UPSMON for Arma 3!

What bothers me a bit is that all upsMON-units throw smoke grenades without being damaged or have any threats.

Hi, I'm struggling with the units spawn twice when I use trigger spawn script. The original units run UPSMON and the others stand still. Identical units. I can't understand why they spawn twice!

if (!isServer) exitwith {};
hint "Spawn test!";

_sideHQ = createCenter east;

// Area 1
grp1 = createGroup east;
grp1 = [getMarkerPos "area1_spawn1", _sideHQ, ["O_soldier_TL_F", "O_soldier_AA_F", "O_soldier_AA_F", "O_soldier_AA_F"], [], [], [0.3, 0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
nul = [leader grp1,"area1_0","fortify","AWARE"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

grp2 = createGroup east;
grp2 = [getMarkerPos "area1_spawn2", _sideHQ, ["O_sniper_F", "O_spotter_F"], [], [], [0.3, 0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
nul = [leader grp2,"area1_1","nowait","AWARE","noveh"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

grp3 = createGroup east;
grp3 = [getMarkerPos "area1_spawn3", _sideHQ, ["O_soldier_TL_F", "O_soldier_AA_F", "O_soldier_AA_F", "O_soldier_AA_F"], [], [], [0.3, 0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
nul = [leader grp3,"area1_2","nowait","AWARE","noveh"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

@Total

I will check the smoke parameter.

For the unit spawn, it doesn't concern UPSMON, you must have a problem with your script. Are you sure you don't call it twice ?

And I recommend you to change "grp1" to "_grp1".

Yes, nothing to do with UPSMON most likely.

Use:

Private ["_grp1", "_grp2", "_grp3"];
if (!isServer) exitwith {}; // This is best done in a condition on the trigger on-act rather than in the script. Why execute it on clients?
hint "Spawn test!";

// The following is best done outside the script, during init or something, but this will work too:
if (isNil "sideHQ") then
{
sideHQ = createCenter east;
}

// Area 1
_grp1 = createGroup east;
_grp1 = [getMarkerPos "area1_spawn1", sideHQ, ["O_soldier_TL_F", "O_soldier_AA_F", "O_soldier_AA_F", "O_soldier_AA_F"], [], [], [0.3, 0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
nul = [leader _grp1,"area1_0","fortify","AWARE"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

_grp2 = createGroup east;
_grp2 = [getMarkerPos "area1_spawn2", sideHQ, ["O_sniper_F", "O_spotter_F"], [], [], [0.3, 0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
nul = [leader _grp2,"area1_1","nowait","AWARE","noveh"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

_grp3 = createGroup east;
_grp3 = [getMarkerPos "area1_spawn3", sideHQ, ["O_soldier_TL_F", "O_soldier_AA_F", "O_soldier_AA_F", "O_soldier_AA_F"], [], [], [0.3, 0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
nul = [leader _grp3,"area1_2","nowait","AWARE","noveh"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

my units that are under upsmon control act very agitated from the start, throwing smoke and running around. Im on the dev build. upsmon version is the latest linked by Cool=Azroul13.

Does AI throw grenade from the start of the mission ? Without any ennemycontact ?

What do you mean by they act very agitated ?

Do you use TPWCAS script ?

Anyone else have this bug on Dev version. I don't use Dev version myself.

By agitated I mean that they keep running around, taking aim and so on, like they are in combat mode. I tested without any enemy by placing myself on the side of the patrolling unit (opfor). And they throw smoke grenades, sometimes multiple.

Not running any ai mods except for tpw mods (ambient animals, civilians, planes, LOS disabled), which are different from tpwcas.

Does AI throw grenade from the start of the mission ? Without any ennemycontact ?

I have this bug and I don't use Dev version.

R_USE_SMOKE_wounded = 0;

R_USE_SMOKE_killed = 35;

and they still spam smoke after 5 seconds.

EDIT:

Debug mode tells me that every unit are damaged from start.

Edited by Total

hey man, mind explaining again how to use artillery?

What I do is place manned opfor mortar units, paste into their init this code

nul=[this] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MON_artillery_add.sqf";
, then I set up the trigger with this code
KRON_UPS_ARTILLERY_EAST_FIRE = true;
in on activation field. Nothing happens. The trigger works because I use a text message to tell me it fires up.

You explained that we should define how many rounds are used

nul = [this,[illum nbr,WP nbr,HE nbr]] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MON_artillery_add.sqf";
, but that code returns a missing bracket ] error.

hope you can help! :)

So now you need to add in your trigger:

KRON_UPS_ARTILLERY = true; no matter the side and then add :

KRON_UPS_ARTILLERY_EAST_FIRE = true;

Here the code for one artillery (I know it works, I just test it :p ):

nul=[this,[4,4,10],50,10,5] execVM "scripts\UPSMON\MON_artillery_add.sqf";

Not sure what I am doing wrong but the enemy still does not rain artillery on me :(

trigger is set up as in your post above. init code in mortar units also as you wrote above. I get no errors but no mortar fire either. Do any other conditions need to be met, like e.g. enemy's constant line of sight to you? do i have to place the trigger where the enemy is supposed to fire or will my position be transmitted to them by enemy ai?

It depends on the number of Enemy AI they know about (For HE mission). If you're alone and attack them they will not fire artillery on you. You need to be superior to them in size. It depends on the range of the artillery unit.

Turn debug on and show me your RPT file.

I've made a mission using the version on Armaholic and for some reason, when the mission starts nothing happens. Tried added on debug and nothing comes up. Checked for syntax errors and the like, all the things I did when I used it for ArmA 2, not sure whats up though.

Just a quick word to say thanks to everyone for your continued efforts in keeping this script fresh and bug free in Arma3.

Just a suggestion. May I suggest you revisit the distance a unit places an at mine when using Ambush?

For example.

I have this as the init of my Leader..

nul=[this,"area2","NOWAIT","AMBUSH","DELETE:",120] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

I have 3 Units that have an AT Mine in their backpacks and not all of them place it.

Worse however is if they do, they place it over 100m away from their starting position and not on nearest road. If fact in my test mission they placed it over 100m on a different road AND at least 10m from the edge of the road in a field where an armoured vehicle is very unlikely to travel, therefore in my test mission, completely missing the Convoy when it passes.

Compare this with an earlier updated version of UPSMON where ALL units with at AT MINE place it 30 - 40m from their starting position and right in the centre of the road.

Any help appreciated.

hey beerkan, there is a sections of code that searches for roads near. and when found, the ai randomly place mines their if the script sees to big a number the ai do Exactly what you describe. It is either in the main Loop or it is in the functions.sqf but the number, from what i remember was something like 25m-30m. any smaller then 25-30 and it wouldnt work at all, and larger then 50m and you get AI placing mines in the bushes next to the road about 1m out, and sometimes further. ill try and look for the line and post back asap.

Actually, the distance depends on the location of the leader.

If the leader is in forest, AI put the mine 75 m in front of the leader, 18m if in town and 100m if he is in meadow.

I have 3 Units that have an AT Mine in their backpacks and not all of them place it.

UPSMON doesn't take into account the loadout of group unit. It's a fixed variable that say that group has 3 mine no matter what.

Edited by Cool=Azroul13