would you mind uploading the file to a place where they don't block you and make you wait hours after 2 downloads? I'd really appreciate it :)

Btw, thank you very much for your continuing work on improving the scripts!

Seems to me that some of you utilize -showScriptErrors parameter and some don't =P.

Oh, I thought all mission maker always use showScriptErrors.

Does anyone know - With UPSMON and A3 - Will A3 now allow for the "nofollow" command to be for all those througout a unit (or still only for the leader of a unit). It would be nice to have a BluFor UPSMON command (Nofollow) in which the entire unit would no leave a set zone (and recklessly follow / chase enemies throughout the map).

Do they really chase the ennemy through the map.

I check the script, nofollow option seems to create a waypoint in the zone of the marker. After it's up to Bis AI.

It will need to force unit to return to the first position and force to not fire etc... so it will be a bit weird.

I have some wishes me too :P like:

A proper arty system link to each squad. UPSMON arty take one target in the list and fire at him but they don't support the squad for example: attack plan, retreat plan ...

A surrender system based on Bis morale system and not only on the number of men who stay alive.

A cover system, which can be apply when squad is suppressed, when squad see a dead body or when squad make ambush

And Finally :P

A suppress system, which can be based on the bdetect script.

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

Yep. The leadership of a unit will stay within "his zone". But members of his until will follow enemy threats way outside of their "zone". At least this is how it was in UPSMON (A2 - A2/OA). Which wasn't great if you were trying to create a unit to be a security for a larger TD (and you just wanted them to cover a certain point).

Yes as far as I can remember in ArmA 2 the issue was that BIS AI would make the leader send his squad members to attack known enemies even if they were far outside the zone (as long as he knew about them). I'm not sure how much can be done in scripting to stop it.

It would be nice if in "fortify" those within buildings would either be facing windows always (or perhaps rotating around) not simply standing in one direction - I know in A2 the House Patrol script had it so enemy AI would rotate and face several positions. Be it windows to doorways..

As far as I know (and experienced) "fortified" units are facing where his commander tell him, and commander got info about you from other UPSMON commanders. So in normal playtime, I found they facing to enemy (me). But you are right, they are not facing too reasonable, because if the door is the other side, where we attack, he facing to where we come, not the door. But I think it's not easy to override the commanders order. I mean, it's possible, but could cause more problems then benefits.

I have an issue where I have added UPSMON to my mission but some individual units had BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat attributed to them, since adding UPSMON they just stand there in combat mode. Has anyone seen this before? Have searched but couldn't see a mention of this, is there a way of getting the units to sit or lean etc? Or possibly can the units be set to sit and lean and also be part of a UPSMON reinforcement system?

You can "pause" UPSMON, just add "nowp" to your UPSMON line in your unit.

[this,"nowp",etc] exevm "";

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I found a little error with my previous version so here a new link:

http://www.hebergeurfichier.com/download/d9fc384390bd53b1c1887819ec945d34.html

Password: SebuQaGu

What's the status of the script ? Are we allowed to modify the script ?

Is there anyone working on it ?

changed the code for the unit and this didn't affect it and the unit remains in an upright combat stance :(

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

I found a little error with my previous version so here a new link:

http://www.hebergeurfichier.com/download/d9fc384390bd53b1c1887819ec945d34.html

Password: SebuQaGu

What's the status of the script ? Are we allowed to modify the script ?

Is there anyone working on it ?

I'm working on the script sporadically, i was away on fact finding missions for my continued terrain development project 'The Red Center'. Still coming to grips with a lot of the code base, translating functions so i understand what they do exactly and how it all works so the changes are less of hacks and more of a fix.

I don't found any error on UPSMON. Like I said in a MP message it needs to maybe to improve the script.

The main thing is for me to add a cover system that can be used for the ambush module and the supress module.

The main problem with cover is that you can't seperate hard cover from soft cover (shame on you BIS :p ).

Aze

changed the code for the unit and this didn't affect it and the unit remains in an upright combat stance :(

I try it and it works for me :/

I add combat anim stance to a group of AI.

First I check if for all units the case special is on "none". then I add for each units:

dostop this;

And for some of them:

[this,"STAND","RANDOM",{triggeractivated triggeralarm}] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat; // You need a trigger called triggeralarm

and finally for the leader I add:

nul=[this,"mk1_2","noveh","SAFE","nowp"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

In this order.

If coders could find a way for UPSMON to make an entire squad not leave a Zone (even during a firefight) it would be fabulous. For helping set up AI responsible security while a takedown team hits a target.

@Teifiterror

It works perfectly for me :/

Is the trigger (triggeralarm) activated ?

@TMP95

You can use "fortify" parameter if you want to keep them in a zone.

or "nofollow" to stay in the zone... be advised with AI mods like @ASR_AI you won't always get the desired results

Also forcing them to stay in the zones will probably F up their Flank solutions and so on.

Hey folks,

just wanted to chime in to give a thumbs up to everyone working on upsmon! :ok:

upsmon is probably the most important thing to me when making missions that should be replayable.

unfortunately it seems that the spawn module and the template function won't work for now. has anyone else got it to work?

@TPM95:

there are already some commands that might do what you need

"nowp" together with a "nofollow" and a "nomove" would provide the most stationary behaviour for a group, next to "nowp3" where they just won't move at all

you can still take a look at the upsmon wiki, next to seamless documentation and nearly all of the stuff still applies to arma 3s upsmon.

@Teifiterror:

Can't reproduce your issue

can you upload your mission somewhere?

I'm using ambientcombatanim together with initial "nowp" commands in all of my missions

do you run any other AI mods by chance?

@Grumpy old Man

You mean in SP or MP?

downloaded your recent version and tried it again

tested it in SP in a new mission and received the error that 'MCC_fnc_setvehicleinit' does not exist

I used this to save the template group:

nul = [this,"area0","TEMPLATE:",1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

and this to spawn the template group:

nul = [1,(getpos player),4,["area0","spawned"]]  execVM "scripts\upsmon\mon_spawn.sqf";

other than the missing function error it seems to work in your version.

cheers