Beerkan, Thanks for the reply. As you can see, I commented out the "createmine" and the animations, and replaced them with "action", and "fire" commands. It was working in Alpha for a while... Until BIS changed the loadout for the Explosive Spec. So far my testing has shown this. The Ai cannot place the AT mine any longer because it was removed from their Inventory.. I had to clearallbackpackitems... and then addmagazine "atmine_range_mag"; to get them to drop the AT mine on the road... Once they had the mine in their inventory the script modification i posted earlier, worked perfectly..

When you use Any "APERS" mine, the AI do something stupid.. Once they place the "APERS" mine they will stay there for and extended period of time.. some times never moving away.. However, some do move away after a few minutes and they kill them selves because by that time the mine is armed.. I would say unless you can find away to get the AI to move away from the "APERS" mines right after they place them, the AT mine is your best bet.. They place it, and walk away, moving back to their ambush point. "Just as they do in Arma 2"

I also made a change to how far they look for "nearRoads" to 35 meters.. they will group up their mines better instead of them spread out along a 100 meter stretch of road. I have tried 25 meters but they start to place the mines offroad.. As if 25m is to small a distance to search for nearRoad... This is found the the main UPSMON.sqf file about halfway down in the ambush scripting.. looks like this

//Puts a mine if near road

if ( _ambushType == 1 ) then {

if (KRON_UPS_Debug>0) then {player sidechat format["%1: Puting mine for ambush",_grpidx]};

_npc setBehaviour "safe";

_dir1 = getDir _npc;

_mineposition = [position _npc,_dir1, (KRON_UPS_ambushdist / 2)] call MON_GetPos2D;

_roads = _mineposition nearroads 35;

// if (KRON_UPS_Debug>0) then {player sidechat format["%1: Roads #:%2",_grpidx, (count _roads)]};

Hi guys! I have been using the upsmon sctipt for awhile now. But recently it has stopped working. The AI just stsnds still. I hav downloaded the upsmon file that beetkman uploadef on page 10. Does anybody know what could be wrong?

Hi guys! I have been using the upsmon sctipt for awhile now. But recently it has stopped working. The AI just stsnds still. I hav downloaded the upsmon file that beetkman uploadef on page 10. Does anybody know what could be wrong?

Have a look here buddy: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18802 (new version).

Have a look here buddy: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18802 (new version).
That is NOT a new version of UPSMON. That is Kronsky's Urban Patrol Script (UPS.sqf) (which UPSMON is based on).

Kronsky has updated his UPS.sqf script (by commenting out the setVehicleInit command while he works on replacing it)

Do NOT confuse UPSMON with UPS

Same problem here. Since Beta, UPSMON don't work because of init functions.

Is Kronsky's UPS use smoke granade? I mean the AI squads driven by UPS use smoke to cover themself?

UPSMON has many-many more features then Kronsky's but I didn't use most of them. So if Kronsky use smoke, I tried to implement simple UPS to my missions. But it could be great if Monsada or anyone else scripting expertties could update UPSMON for ArmA3 beta.

Hi,

Beerkan updated the latest version of UPSMON I rewrite for ArmA 3 beta. I can confirm that the AI uses smoke grenades, they place AT mines, they use artillery if presents and they take charge of vehicles and helicopters if they have to move far, they no longer do parachute from helicopters since they aren't stable working parachutes in A3 so they just land them and disembark.

Hi,

Beerkan updated the latest version of UPSMON I rewrite for ArmA 3 beta. I can confirm that the AI uses smoke grenades, they place AT mines, they use artillery if presents and they take charge of vehicles and helicopters if they have to move far, they no longer do parachute from helicopters since they aren't stable working parachutes in A3 so they just land them and disembark.

How did you do the AT mine scripting .. It wasnt working for me until I did what I posted..

@shay_gman: where can find that UPSMON (working with arma3 beta)?

How did you do the AT mine scripting .. It wasnt working for me until I did what I posted..
@shay_gman: where can find that UPSMON (working with arma3 beta)?

Download the mission version --> extract the PBO.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3&p=2346856&viewfull=1#post2346856

You can test it using MCC to see that the AI do use smoke exc... just make a zone and spawn some units in it

Download the mission version --> extract the PBO.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3&p=2346856&viewfull=1#post2346856

You can test it using MCC to see that the AI do use smoke exc... just make a zone and spawn some units in it

Thanks!

Other mission makers, don't forget to set MCC_path = "";

If you do, shay_gman scripts works fine!

Great job!

This is a tested and working UPSMON Script Version: 5.1.0 for ArmA3-Beta.

This version includes the "SetVehicleInit" fix provided by and approved for use in this script by shay-gman.

It also includes ArmA3 Weapon & Classname changes for the Beta.

i.e "Zodiac" replaced by "C_Rubberboat" : "ARTY_Sh_81_HE" replaced by "Sh_82mm_AMOS" : and added these "arifle_MX_SW_F","LMG_Zafir_F" to KRON_UPS_MG_WEAPONS in the file Init_UPSMON.sqf)

This version also includes LordPrimate's animation fix when placing mines.

With this version the AI will now correctly set an ambush placing an AT-MINE in the centre of a road.

A foot patrol will now properly get in a Land/Sea/Air vehicle without script errors if the distance to their patrol marker is too far on foot.

AI will also use the appropriate Rescue boat.

There is NO need to use the

set  MCC_path = "";

in your init.sqf or anywhere else. (This was never a requirement.)

This version should cater for all mission designers until the author Monsada releases an official update.

NOTE: If you're happy enough with the version of UPSMON you have presently there is no need to upgrade to this.

However, I would suggest you search through the scripts and make the changes above.

Download link. (Temporariy Removed). Has issues with latest Patch.

I'll Post update when sorted.

---- UPDATE ----

Now fixed..

Download here UPSMON.rar

Edited by Beerkan

Thank you! Before I downloaded this ive had a lot of errors with the older version and today's (12.07) dev-update, to the point that I decided to revert to the stable build. Does this version address changes in the latest dev build or should I stick with the stable build?

Again, thank you so much for your work!

Post Removed...

Script now fixed. See download links.

Edited by Beerkan

Understood! Thanks again for the quick response! :)

Hope you can work out all the kinks that show up when the dev-build is loaded. I was flooded by error messages.

I was hoping todays dev branch update would magically start "agreeing" with upsmon again. But no. :(

So what do you need in the init.sqf to initialise this upsmon version? That information is not included in the download.

You need this line:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

Btw, the beta version posted above does not work with the dev-branch (stable build is fine, though). Loads of error messages pop up, although my impression was that the core is working (troops paroling the designated area). Anyways, I hope beerkan can come up with a solution.

This is from the latest sitrep:

The next patch (dev branch already) has enabled the reporting of uninitialized scripting variables. The behavior of scripts containing such variables is unchanged, but an on-screen warning is shown so the script author can solve the situation. An uninitialized variable may cause logic errors in the future, even if the script currently appears to work as intended. The change may cause a transition period of errors being shown, but it will result in better script quality in the long-term.

So it appears that the code is probably actually working for the time being despite the flood of errors.

I just saw that and was going to make the exact same post lol. I wonder if we can just comment out the "uninitialized scripting variables" for now? Would try it if I wasn't at work. :(

you cannot comment out these, I am aftraid :).

You either initialize, replace or eliminate them.

But what is peculiar, the variables that are reported in the .rpt file as being uninitialized, are in fact initialized or at least there is an attempt with the command line: private ["_variable1","_variable2"...etc]; at the begining of both upsMON_init.sqf and upsMon.sqf files

Ive already asked in the Development Build thread, but perhaps you guys know of some tricks to hide the error reporting console that has been activated with the recent dev builds.

Not to my knowledge. MCC addon, which uses UPSMON, throws errors too. For the time being I have switched to BIS_fnc_taskPatrol and BIS_fnc_taskDefend, which work very well for organizing random patrols quickly. More here

Been using those in some of my missions while I wait for a fix (I couldn't figure one out). Is there a way use taskPatrol and assign them a specific area marker like UPSMON? I know you can set the waypoint length but they most of the time wonder way off before cycling back to the small area I need them in.

As I understand it, if you use this code in your waypoint

nul=[group this, position this, number] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;
then the number value should control how far they venture outside the waypoint. I could be wrong, though, as it's the first time ive used this function. So far Ive been quite pleased with how it works. MCC Sandbox addon uses both upsmon and BIS patrol functions over a designated area, which you define. However, I was looking for a way to limit the use of third-party scripts and addons.