hey guys. i just downloaded shay_gman's fixed scripts folder and am trying to use it in the editor. i created a patrol group and put in the leaders init: nul=[this,"patrol1"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

when i preview the mission though, the group just stands there. i've created the marker of course and am not getting any errors. anyone know what's up?

Is your marker is called "patrol1"?

Have you got this in your mission's folder init.sqf

//Init UPSMON script (must be run on all clients)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";	

You will also need to change at the top:-

"KRON_UPS_EAST_SURRENDED" addPublicVariableEventHandler { if (_this select 1) then { nul=[east] execvm MCC_path + "scripts\UPSMON\MON_surrended.sqf";};};
"KRON_UPS_WEST_SURRENDED" addPublicVariableEventHandler { if (_this select 1) then { nul=[west] execvm MCC_path + "scripts\UPSMON\MON_surrended.sqf";};};
"KRON_UPS_GUER_SURRENDED" addPublicVariableEventHandler { if (_this select 1) then { nul=[resistance] execvm MCC_path + "scripts\UPSMON\MON_surrended.sqf";};};

and

//init !R functions
	call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers format ["%1scripts\UPSMON\!R\R_functions.sqf",MCC_path];

//if (isNil "RE") then {[] execVM "\ca\Modules\MP\data\scripts\MPframework.sqf"}; 

//scripts initialization
	UPSMON = compile preprocessFile format ["%1scripts\UPSMON.sqf",MCC_path];	
	UPSMON_surrended = compile preprocessFile format ["%1scripts\UPSMON\MON_surrended.sqf",MCC_path];	

as it is looking for the MCC path

I just defined MCC_path = "" in the init.

I didn't had the time to go and delete all.

It should work.

I have removed all references to MCC_Path etc, from this version. (But still left in credits to shy_gman)

It is based on UPSMON version 5.1.0 beta 1

Download it UPSMON Version 5.1.0 Beta 1 here.

Tested and working.

Edited by Beerkan

I just defined MCC_path = "" in the init.

I didn't had the time to go and delete all.

It should work.

Yep, I can confirm that...

But thanks to Beerkan too

I have removed all references to MCC_Path etc, from this version. (But still left in credits to shy_gman)

It is based on UPSMON version 5.1.0 beta 1

Download it UPSMON Version 5.1.0 Beta 1 here.

Tested and working.

There was a surrended.sqf file included before, I am not sure it is related to the removals.

There was a surrended.sqf file included before, I am not sure it is related to the removals.
It's not part of the UPSMON version 5.1.0 beta 1 script set.

Therefore looks like it's not needed for UPSMON. Just download from the link above and all should be good.

Edited by Beerkan

Nope, getting no errors, and got plenty of vehicles.

Are you using the UPSMON version linked to in my previous post?

N.B. I'm on Beta

I have the same error message. We were flying a heli approaching the marker area of the upsmon patrols. Using the version you linked to.

Maybe it has something to do with enemy units spotting a bluefor vehicle? (Im a scripting noob, so only guessing...)

I have the same error message. We were flying a heli approaching the marker area of the upsmon patrols. Using the version you linked to.

Maybe it has something to do with enemy units spotting a bluefor vehicle? (Im a scripting noob, so only guessing...)

Same for me, if i put vehicle, i have this error. After i have many loop.

Please share a simple test mission which generates this error so other people/i can have a look at it.

You're right Spankulator. I get the error with your mission file.

Now fixed.

Just replace your UPSMON with these.

UPSMON Version 5.1.0 Beta 1

Edited by Beerkan

@Beerkan check the MCC files as I remeber (can't check i'm at work) the locked command returns integer now and not boolean.

I remember changing all the locked refrenses in MCC but I might be confusing it with someother command.

Cheers.

@Beerkan check the MCC files as I remeber (can't check i'm at work) the locked command returns integer now and not boolean.

I remember changing all the locked refrenses in MCC but I might be confusing it with someother command.

Cheers.

Yep, you're right.

I found the changes you made and sure enough the script now works.

Again many thanks for your contribution.

New script up in a moment.

Latest UPSMON Version 5.1.0 Beta 1 Here.

Edited by Beerkan

Thank you very much for keeping the scripts up to date! I really appreciate it as I use them on a regular basis and don't really see any missions without them.

I am having an issue with 5.1.0 beta. I am using the "track" option. For some reason i get the error "cannot load texture a3\ui_f\data\map\markers\military\mission_ca.paa". I get the markers for each groups starting position but I'm assuming the missing texture is the one used for tracking the path of the units patrols

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Seems to work fine if I change

_markertype = if (isClass(configFile >> "cfgMarkers" >> "WTF_Flag")) then {"WTF_FLAG"} else {"FLAG"};

to

_markertype = if (isClass(configFile >> "cfgMarkers" >> "WTF_Flag")) then {"WTF_FLAG"} else {"mil_Triangle"};

Not sure why, as the marker referenced by "FLAG" which according the the Config Viewer is the Objective Marker, works fine if placed manually

Is UPSMON known to have issues functioning with the AllinArma mod? I'm making a mission on Zargabad using A3 units/vehicles and empty/locked A2 vehicles as objectives. I am using UPSMON Version 5.1.0 Beta 1.

Markers have been placed and group leader inits contain a direct copy/paste from UPSMON.sqf with minor adjustments (such as "nomove" or "random") to fit their intention. All groups stand at their initial placement points and do not move. I'm not receiving any error on screen when I preview the mission, so it seems to know where the scripts are located.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry for this post. I've gone back through this thread a little more thoroughly and found the solution. I forgot to add "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";" in my init.sqf. I'm leaving the original post as-is for reference.

Edited by vagrantauthor
Problem solved

Thank you very much for keeping the scripts up to date! I really appreciate it as I use them on a regular basis and don't really see any missions without them.

As the man said, Thank YOU :)

Hey, I havent seen it posted in this thread anywhere.. I have been tooling around with the AMBUSH paramater.. Obviously had to change a few things for A3. I commented a few commands out and sub'd in a few others. And it worked well before the release of the BETA..

In the UPSMON/common/mon_function.sqf file, down near the bottom are the functions for creating the mine.. you need to edit this..

MON_doCreateMine = {

private ["_npc","_rnd","_soldier","_mine","_dir","_position"];

_position = [0,0];

_soldier = _this select 0;

if ((count _this) > 1) then {_position = _this select 1;};

//If not is Man or dead exit

if (!(_x iskindof "Man" ) || _soldier!=vehicle _soldier || !alive _soldier || !canmove _soldier) exitwith {false};

_soldier stop false;

[_soldier,"AUTO"] spawn MON_setUnitPos;

if ((count _this) > 1) then {

_soldier domove _position;

waituntil {unitReady _soldier || moveToCompleted _soldier || moveToFailed _soldier || !alive _soldier || !canmove _soldier};

};

if (moveToFailed _soldier || !alive _soldier || _soldier != vehicle _soldier || !canmove _soldier) exitwith {false};

//Crouche

//_soldier playMove "ainvpknlmstpslaywrfldnon_1";

//sleep 2;

if (!alive _soldier || !canmove _soldier) exitwith{};

//_dir = getdir _soldier;

//_position = [position _soldier,_dir, 0.5] call MON_GetPos2D;

//_mine = createMine ["APERSBoundingMine", _position , [], 0];

_soldier action ["UseWeapon",mine];

_soldier fire ["MineMuzzle","MineMuzzle","ATMine_Range_Mag"];

//Prepare mine

//_soldier playMove "AinvPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon_Putdown_AmovPknlMstpSrasWrflDnon";

//sleep 2;

//Return to formation

_soldier doMove position ( leader _soldier );

};

I was testing it out to see how reliable it was.. It worked great.. And i wanted to test out other mines but the BETA has broken this attempt.

Does anyone know if they changed the classnames for the mines.. If so i cannot find the info, in the dev changelog or anywhere else..

Prior to the Beta release the AI would go to a Road pos. and place a mine. Now they still move to the road, and do the Action of placement.. but there is no Mine.

Obviously the original script was written for ArmA2 (Based on Kronsky's Urban Patrol Script), but was also hard coded with certain items and classnames that only exists in ArmA2.

I believe these are the classnames of mines in ArmA3

APERSBoundingMine_Range_Mag
APERSMine_Range_Mag
APERSTripMine_Wire_Mag
ATMine_Range_Mag
SLAMDirectionalMine_Wire_Mag

@LordPrimate, can you try out these and see how you get on?

If you can confirm which mine works best, I'll update the scripts.

Edited by Beerkan