Nope they work as expected they shoot the crap out of us :)

I had to change there skill setting to make them less accurate, as they aim bots over 1 k away.

have you changed the skill by accident in your mission or on the server ?

Edited by psvialli

I had lowered the precision a while back because of the aimbotness. I just checked and it was a little lower than it should have been, but they just aren't shooting at all. Might be a mod interfering with it. I'll have to look into it more this weekend.

Anyone having problems with this and the newer dev builds? I can't get the units to patrol any more. They walk a bit than just stop.

UPSMON uses setVehicleInit for some reason, which is no longer supported. Would need to re-write all parts that use this command (and possibly other removed commands) to do things in a better way for this to work again.

I'm having problems with the "nomove" parameter: it's just ignored and the group moves immediately to patrolling the designated area.

Im spawning units dynamically and they dont seem to work. When i try the mission in the Editor everything works fine on a dedicated Server however the units will just stand around at their spawn. Once they're in combat however the UPSMON Ai works, its weird.

Anyone know if this is working as it should now?

In the Editor, yes.

On a dedicated Server, no (at least not for me).

I do think UPSMON is using some SetVehicleInits so i guess thatll most likely be the problem.

Yes. Usage of SetVechileInit makes UPSMON not work anymore, at least not in a multiplayer environment. However, it shouldn't be that hard to fix, and in fact on the MCC thread you can see that Shay uses a fixed version of it.

... in fact on the MCC thread you can see that Shay uses a fixed version of it.
And here is that fixed version...

LINKS REMOVED WHILE I FIX THE PATHS AND 'setVehicleInit' ISSUES.

Edited by Beerkan

Having trouble with mediafire, can you by chance use Dropbox or something similar please?

Having trouble with mediafire, can you by chance use Dropbox or something similar please?
Checkout my edited post above.

Cheers.

Cant get it to work though,

I put this in the Init fields of Units: nul=[this,"village"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

But the Units just stand around, any ideas anyone please?

I don't get any script errors btw.

Problem is with that one it is tied into MCC so you need to change all the Paths
I'll fix the paths and upload a later version. Links removed temporarily.

Cheers.

Cant get it to work though,

I put this in the Init fields of Units: nul=[this,"village"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

But the Units just stand around, any ideas anyone please?

I don't get any script errors btw.

Same problem for me. What I done so far:

1. Created a mission

2. Fixed a init.sgf in the mission folder and added the line: call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

3. Added a marker (rectangle) and named it "area" (100x100)

4. Added a group and add: nul=[this,"area0"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf"; to the leaders init field.

Saved it and tried it, but same problem as you. They just stay there :j:

What do I need to do more?

I believe I've fixed the paths and the setVehicleInit issues. However, having been through the scripts, and I'm reluctant now to post the fixes because they are modified with functions created by MCC author shay_man. I am going to seek their permission first, as I believe credit is due for shay_mans efforts.

Beerkan you got my permission. :rolleyes:

I wanted to post it long ago just didn't had the time. All you have to do is get the new script from the MCC folder (copy the entire /scripts folder) and add the MCC_fnc_setVehicleInit from the mcc_functions.sqf and you got it.

Edit:

well I took the time to do it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzqvv6ihr7m7emd/scripts.rar

Let me know if it is working for you guys.

Edited by shay_gman

Many many thanks shay_gman. Consider yourself purchased a virtual pint.

Edited by Beerkan

Beerkan you got my permission. :rolleyes:

I wanted to post it long ago just didn't had the time. All you have to do is get the new script from the MCC folder (copy the entire /scripts folder) and add the MCC_fnc_setVehicleInit from the mcc_functions.sqf and you got it.

Edit:

well I took the time to do it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzqvv6ihr7m7emd/scripts.rar

Let me know if it is working for you guys.

Thank you Shay_gman

After the implamentation of your latest scripts I am getting this error

Error in expression <elect 0] ); }; };

if !( isServer || MCC_isLocalHC ) exitWith {};

KR>

Error position: <MCC_isLocalHC ) exitWith {};

KR>

Error Undefined variable in expression: mcc_islocalhc

File C:\Users\NDK0\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\Kadin\mpmissions\HUNT_Begun_PH.Stratis\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf, line 64

I have added a gamelogic named SERVER and in its INIT field I placed; MCC_isLocalHC=true and that seems to stop the error and UPSMon seem to work ok. Is there a better way or am I missing something important?

You can change line 64 in Init_UPSMON.sqf

from

if !( isServer || MCC_isLocalHC ) exitWith {};

to

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

Edited by Beerkan

hey guys. i just downloaded shay_gman's fixed scripts folder and am trying to use it in the editor. i created a patrol group and put in the leaders init: nul=[this,"patrol1"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

when i preview the mission though, the group just stands there. i've created the marker of course and am not getting any errors. anyone know what's up?