Sign in to follow this  
h3X

[BUG REPORT] ATOC causes blue foliage

When running game with ATOC enabled, all foliage has blue outlines.

I will post screenshots in the next post because this forum is stupidly limited. Do you want bug reports or not?

---------- Post added at 15:30 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Here are the screenshots now that I have enough posts to post them:

1024x819.resizedimage

1024x819.resizedimage

1024x819.resizedimage

Are you using Nvidia? if so make sure transparency AA is off when using ATOC(kinda the same thing) in game. It's likely a setting in your graphics profile. I noticed better FPS when using trans AA supersample and disabling ATOC, unfortunately we can't disable ingame AA outright and use NVIDIA AA instead, we can only enhance, same goes for Anis.Filtering, for any that use Vsync, disable the ingame and use your gpu profile's vsync as well, it'll get you some FPS.

BTW I run Crysis3 maxed out with rarely any dips in FPS, so I don't have junk before some d-bag comes in here and slams me for saying anything negative about an ALPHA...

feedback.arma3.com <- thats the link you are searching for

If it has anything to do with GPU profiles, there is nothing to give feedback about, this same thing can occur in Skyrim, FarCry2, the later Assassin's Creed titles, etc, it's always an ingame setting conflicting with a GPU profile setting, brb I'll recreate it right now because it occurred to my gameplay while trying to cut out the unoptimized perf. drops by using my GPU profiler.

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

What is happening w/ pictures and settings to illustrate the issue(not a game issue exactly, just a clash of settings that occurs in other games too)

1095601.jpg

^AA Trans. SuperSampling(and multisampling causes it too, doesn't matter what power: 2x,4x,8x, etc)

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/247292/module_gallery/original/1095603.jpg (201 kB)

^NVIDIA/GPU Profile AATSS8x + ATOC

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/247292/module_gallery/original/1095602.jpg (173 kB)

^As soon as ATOC is disabled(when AATSS8x is still enabled via NVIDIA/GPU Profile)

1095604.jpg

^Disabling AA Trans. MS/SS Off in NVIDIA/GPU Profile

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/247292/module_gallery/original/1095605.jpg (157 kB)

^ NVIDIA AA Trans. MS/SS Off, ARMA3 ATOC Enabled

Errrrrbody cool now?

You can also set transparency AA to Multisampling. The problem occurs only with Supersampling.

Transparency SS is a huge fps drainer in ArmA, along with Ambient Occlusion. In ArmA 2 I found using 8xCSSA set with NVIDIA Inspector gave me more fps than 4xAA in the game. BiS did some good work with the current AA because I have it set to 8x in game and don't notice such a fps hit now.

You can also set transparency AA to Multisampling. The problem occurs only with Supersampling.
Thing is I see barely any distinguishable difference between NVIDIA AA Multi-sampling/Supersampling over ATOC in game, except that I get better FPS using NVIDIA option rather than ingame, I'm sure it's just some more things in need of optimization, I see a lot of monster rigs out there getting low fps so hopefully those with nice rigs can utilize them better with updates from both BIS and NVIDIA or ATI w/ drivers.