SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

COOP running again on BIS stress servers (search stress as host name), the new version should run much better since the AI's arent leaking. Already CPS stayed stable for over 2 hours.

Hi,

At first I like thank you for such great mission, I have played your SP mission since A3 Alpha.

Lately I have tried to run MP version of WLA on my dedicated server, but it crashes very soon after I have started. It could crash after 3 minutes, sometimes longer. I tried to disable all mods and new Arma installation without success.

I created issue about it in arma tracker. As this my first post I add tracker url to next post:)

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

...and here is tracker url http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17379

Thank you, :) there is much stuff generated soon after start, making the server near halt for some seconds before returning stable, but in this case it even crash. I try to lower the load if it would help.

hi SaOk,

I have been watching this with great interest over the last months and finally got it running on my group server.

Had a blast yesterday for over two hours and it ran great. We were held at our base for over an hour of that before we finally pushed to a nearby town to scavenge for supplies.

We are having problems with the shift + y on us layout, we have some German members in the group with a German keyboard layout they have no problems using the commands. for them shift + Y worked exactly as expected.

I have gone through the scripts to look for the display event handler detecting a keydown, but nothing was there.

I have tried shift + z as the keys are usually changed around ,but I am sure the code is different too, but I can't find the DIK codes to check.

I also have the same issue with other mods not working with this mission - namely Mag Repack.

This is an awesome mission and we are looking forward to how this progresses in the future.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, :) the DIK Keycodes are listed here, but only for QWERTY-keyboards. Cant also find the codes for different keyboards, I am very new to create custom keys. Someone also mentioned that Y could be Z, if you need to pick item. Did you try to press the Z only? If having shift-down, its to speak with civilians.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes

Mods not working are also related to the custom keys. In SP side, I need to reset all keys during each loadgame or resume to avoid key multiplying, since handlers dosent seem to work for displayeventhanlders. In MP side I can remove the reseting, will be in next MP version.

SaOK, I´ve played your latest version with ModuLoad (by Outlawled) which reinitiates all modules and addons normally lost when you load a saved game, and ohh boy, I had a blast! You´ve done what BIS promissed back in ArmA2 (rpg elements like talking to civilians, Xp points etc) and haven´t delivered, loved the civilians pissed off throwing stuff at me (once they even got me killed!!! stoned to death!!!) and the whole dynamic concept (interesting like some points the CSAT retreats and never comes back, others they just keep coming and pestering lol), many kudos!

I have a doubt: how do I get to rest? I have the task of "rest for a while", but all shacks, house or tents I get in (except for the tent, which is not enterable) and press shift+3 nothing happens! They´re all in friendly areas, or should I look for a bed or sleepingbag spawned somewhere?

cheers! =)

Mods not working are also related to the custom keys. In SP side, I need to reset all keys during each loadgame or resume to avoid key multiplying, since handlers dosent seem to work for displayeventhanlders. In MP side I can remove the reseting, will be in next MP version.

Thanks for the update. I will keep trying different keys. Its the talking to people that is causing the issues.

Is there a chance you can use the "user keys" instead so we can map them as we would like?

I know mods and other scripts use the same keys, but it could be one option.

Just finished a session in COOP version (latest COOP-24)..

just :)

Most of my friends still wondering how they got more FPS in a LIVING environment with AI+players..while

the same moment they have -50% FPS in most *just PvP missions

Ok..two things (i m not sure if you are aware of those..)

1)System recognizes bridges as "generic buildings" probably..and spawns various items on those-in the middle of the road.

2)On compounds we had 2 deaths from things spawned above our headz-while we were at least 1-2 minute(s) inside the location.

(i know-you know the reason) *Please fix quick :)

3)I wanted to ask you about a fresh issue for me..the AI localities and server-AI-mods.

(any) AI locality is on the server or client?

I want to know if my just-server-side mods actually doing anything in our COOP sessions.

Thanks/U rock!

Edited by GiorgyGR

New COOP WLA version is here (dropbox, withSix, steam). Player can now choose gear before heading to AO, added dynamic weather, chooseable starttime (random as default), accelerated time (off as default), less load and desync on mission start, other fixes and tweaks.

Thanks, :) the resting is now from shift+1 menu (Sp version). You can use it everywhere. Sleeping bags spawn under team and there is snoring noises during black out. ;)

I will try to search how to make the user keys work.

I blacklisted one more bridge type for this new COOP version. Checking that 2. issue soon. All AI is on server side, except when leading group with AI, those automatically are on client side. Also AI team-member that you can buy and join your team are client side. All HC groups should be server side too. I hope to add more client side stuff, birds, insects, maybe other animals too if possible. It would be nice to have some stuff running on optional headless clients too.

SP update in few days.

Edit: the 20 player variant wasnt updated. I planned to drop support for that or would someone want to have it, instead of the 24? Made it orginally for friend's server that allowed only max 20 player. If there is other with same limitation I can update the 20 variant too if asked. ;)

Edited by SaOk

Sorry SaOk my mistake..we 've used the latest #24 version-not 20

-added-

@All AI is on server side

"Hey!..come here..come-come..*big hug*/repeatedly taps back .."

:)

Edited by GiorgyGR

New COOP WLA version is here (dropbox, withSix, steam). More fixes and tweaks.

Edit: New COOP WLA version is here (dropbox, withSix, steam). Resistance task fix.

Edited by SaOk

For the SP version, is there a way we could possibly modify our loadouts before we started the mission?

Sometimes I will start at night and I'm equipped with an SMG with no suppressor... kind of annoying. I realise I can find an area with VAS but it would be nice to have a starting weapon that I could work with.

Also, by default can we be equipped with the .45 pistol rather than nothing?

Thanks!

For the SP version, is there a way we could possibly modify our loadouts before we started the mission?

Sometimes I will start at night and I'm equipped with an SMG with no suppressor... kind of annoying. I realise I can find an area with VAS but it would be nice to have a starting weapon that I could work with.

Also, by default can we be equipped with the .45 pistol rather than nothing?

Thanks!

Or u make it easy for yourself and press 0-0-2 after beeing dropped and select a Camp of your choice. After your teleport you can use directly VAS, i suggest to setup a good gearpackage and save this to the VAS Loadouts. Everytime now you can use your favorized setup. And so far i know SaOk was deleting the pistol out of the starting setup to get rid of this annoying "running low on ammo" by the AI.

I already said that though... I can find an area with VAS. Except VAS makes everything too easy, it doesn't feel like you've earned a heap of free weapons for simply turning up to a camp - by using fast travel no less. It takes away the challenge of what ARMA is about. To be equipped with something that makes sense from the beginning would be great and totally plausible.

Even if it were a simple toggle so that whatever weapon you were randomly given could be fitted with a suppressor (where applicable). In fact, why not equip a supressor by default? Or put one in the players inventory? You can always take it off, you can't always add one on if you're never given one. It's better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need one.

In the very least a pistol with a suppressor (either .45 would be nice as they pack more of a punch) would be great

Also in regards to the 'no ammo' thing, I still get that from my team mates as soon as we all land, I am only using the M4 weapon mod

I already said that though... I can find an area with VAS. Except VAS makes everything too........

Hmm..

I confess i totally agree with you.

I never liked VAS because due to human nature it's (almost) pushing player to grab EVERYTHING High Tech/Uber weapon

without sweat.

For those who aren't aware..if you play a scenario when any equipment is scarce..you ll see "how happy" you ll become

after finding "just' an MX or an RCO/ARCO.

I really don't mind at all if the system become (*whats the opposite of generous??) regarding equipment options/with an exception

in quantity of 'simple' (non auto lock) AT's due to heavy enemy armor presence.

;)

I did it not this way how i posted, seems i misunderstand your posting. Sorry for that^^

Well, i didnt like the VAS´ing over the top not so much. Basicly when start WLA from beginning i already have 15 Minutes later a good arsenal of guns to choose from the dead bodies of the enemies^^ And i feel better when the AI didnt aim with an AS-50 + HE Bullets on me, lasts keep me longer alive :)

the savegame doesn't seem to work in sp

could u help me ?:butbut:

Can u be a little bit more "precise" ? What u mean with your "doesnt seem to work" ?

For me it works great^^

ok i will try

when i use the save function (shift+1) nothing happen. when i escape from game i just can restart a new game....very frustrating in the king of sandbox mission

ok i will try

when i use the save function (shift+1) nothing happen. when i escape from game i just can restart a new game....very frustrating in the king of sandbox mission

It sounds like some other mods are conflicting then. Which mods u try to run?

You can also save in old way by pressing 0 three times, unless the savegame-command is blocked by some mod.

Working on big update for COOP. Adding more stuff to build for guardposts (static vehicles abd some buildings with special function - coming for SP too later), difficult level is set little higher and as bigger change, there will be some playable slots in persian side too. Will try to add different role and tasks for that side. Hopefully both side would offer different gameplay.

New COOP WLA version is here (dropbox, withSix, steam). Added playable slots in OPFOR side (WIP), more stuff to create for guardposts, some sounds added, other tweaks and fixes.

OPFOR side have less slots on purpose. Idea is that persians would have intel available of WEST side player locations, more prestige to spend on guardpost creating, more camps at start, and more AI in their side. But less support to call and harder to get armed vehicles to drive. Still work needed, but should work some bit good already.

Edited by SaOk

Enjoying your work so far and can't wait to try out the new version in a few. Keep up the good work, and thanks from me and some (many?!) others!

Dammit SaOk..

I didn't make it to 'latest' COOP-24 version -i lost it for some minutes/i will try next evening with the gang.

So..

One version back everything seemed ok..unless the same problem with spawning items in wrong time (after player/s are already

on this location minutes ago).

The problem might (probably) be related with JIP players tho.

It was a moment most of my team were in a camp..and other players connected..and joined

the location of the rest.

Almost that moment i have noticed the house i 've been inside got-gradually- full of ....stuff.

(I can't be sure 100% of this..but i have a feeling about it)

I hope i 've been some help here... :/

*added t'day *

I almost forgot.

I also encountered something bad ( i thought BIS had fixed it)

Groups of AI (resistance and enemies) fighting with sidearm. :(

Edited by GiorgyGR

New COOP WLA version is here (dropbox, withSix, steam). More hotfixing and tweaks.

Thanks :), the house stuff is partly still work in progress. If there is many player near one building, it get items multiplied by amount of nearby players. Will need to add quite big changes for that system. Working on it in near days.