SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

havent tried playing this mission in months...tried loading up .80 into A3 Beta twice now on LAN (non dev) but it crashed the game both times i tried it...within about a minute after starting.

Dosent sound good. With dev-version and dedicated server, I didnt face crashing when testing with few people joining to server.

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

New SP version 0.985 and COOP version 0.81 are available with the new tracked vehicles (Panther & Kamysh). Both work only with DEV-version until the new vehicles are in the basic game version too.

Change Log SP:

-DEV-Version required to play (until new vehicles are in basic version)

-New Tracked Vehicles added

-Some tweaks/fixes

Change Log COOP:

-DEV-Version required to play (until new vehicles are in basic version)

-New Tracked Vehicles added

-More tweaks/fixes for better performance (inc. fixed errors in local server)

The crashing may happen because of parachutes colliding with another vehicle. Should be quite rare incident.

Edited by SaOk

I think i'm going to start it over just to see the latest adds. By the way, is there a way, any, to refuel/rearm vehicles as of now? I'm talking about SP. As you push forward the island, enemy vehicles are a little headache and i've already used up all the ammunition in the Marshal i got except for the 6.5 LMG.

Do not misunderstand me: i'm not complaining if i can't refuel or rearm my vehicles, i'm just asking IF (and where) i can do it.

There isnt yet supply trucks or oil barrels, but there is gas station between the airfield and the biggest village. Not sure if it works. But supply trucks would be one thing to add to the mission. I still like to add gear/vehicle gathering that player would need to take care on. If not for this stratis mission, then at least for the altis one.

Is there some way to modify HEMTT trucks or some other object to provide supply? Or is the supply functionality just not yet in the engine?

I thought there was one addon with supply trucks, but cant find it. Still it would be quite easy to make normal truck to fill ammo/gas/repair damage of nearby vehicles.

Thank you, I will try to include those as optional addon. There could be some extra task(s) too to destroy enemy supply depot / line. First those would be enabled only if player have the addon. Later I could include possible official supply trucks.

The newest development build introduces a new module I think you could make great use of.

"Added: Sector module - creates a contested sector, handles its capturing and map visualization."

I will check it but usually the modules have been quite restricted for customization and may cause conflict with my scripts (e.g. civilian module in A2 gave error if I deleted civilians for it).

Mr. SaOK,

I've always enjoyed most all your missions but this one, is very very frustrating.

I've tried every single version for this mission, and capturing LZ Conner has always been the same, either I die capturing it, or lose it to the enemy .

When player is in dialog with Smith, it seems capturing the first Base if very very important, therefore, is there any way you can make it easier?

Every time I try, I get about 3 Ifrits on my ass, an assault helo then more enemy infantry to take it back THEN.................MORTAR!?

Is it possible you can tone down the difficulty of capturing it and let it always be there, untouched, for the player?

Perhaps on occasion enemy heli flying over once in a while, after capturing it, or a lone enemy patrol that gets too close.

The player needs at least one base to call home. Having to play "Tug-Of-War" with that base is just way too much, for me as least.

Does not matter about the difficulty for the other missions.

Just this first step really needs more of a balance in favor of the player, as a stepping stone for the rest of the island.

Once it's captured, it should be immediately fortified with friendly units, occupying key positions to keep the bad guys out.

I hope you understand. Sorry, I don't mean for this to be a complaint, but more of advice.

I like these missions including ZUB and Clay's ZERO that take long time to play and complete and not over in one day.

Cheers,

KK, your fan :o

Thanks, I will tweak more the difficult level, maybe add a switch to alter it. After I added the blacklisting for infantry patrols there is now more enemy vehicles to meet (carrying the infantry to patrol) and usually those arrive just when reaching the locals. I have been working on update but takes some more time to finish it.

But... on the other hand, for me the difficulty is fine. I can't say I've ever experienced what Kommiekat explains and I've been playing this since the beginning. If I have a problem with a base being taken, I use all the mines/explosives available to me and some team mates in good positions to defend it. Put a few mines that are spaced out on every road leading up to the base. Put anti-personnel mines near the entrances. There's no excuse to lose them tbh, you have all these free weapons and explosives to assist you.

You also have a team mate with rockets, and you can grab one yourself. You can also easily send a few soldiers to take care of the mortars while you hold the base for a while. You could also do the reverse and capture the mortars for yourself, then bomb surrounding enemies with it. Or what about clearing all surrounding bases/enemies before taking that base?

It would be a shame if you made it too easy, especially when you clearly have the means to keep a base free of the enemy.

I'm sorry, but ARMA is about using tactics, not being handed everything for free. This is what's so good about this mod.

Edited by Coflash

But... on the other hand, for me the difficulty is fine. I can't say I've ever experienced what Kommiekat explains and I've been playing this since the beginning. If I have a problem with a base being taken, I use all the mines/explosives available to me and some team mates in good positions to defend it. Put a few mines that are spaced out on every road leading up to the base. Put anti-personnel mines near the entrances. There's no excuse to lose them tbh, you have all these free weapons and explosives to assist you.

You also have a team mate with rockets, and you can grab one yourself. You can also easily send a few soldiers to take care of the mortars while you hold the base for a while. You could also do the reverse and capture the mortars for yourself, then bomb surrounding enemies with it. Or what about clearing all surrounding bases/enemies before taking that base?

It would be a shame if you made it too easy, especially when you clearly have the means to keep a base free of the enemy.

I'm sorry, but ARMA is about using tactics, not being handed everything for free. This is what's so good about this mod.

I know what you mean about the explosives. No time to place mines or explosives. As soon as you start looking into the crates, you've got infantry coming in. Defeat them, then you've got mortar.

After mortar, you get back to base, only to be attacked again and again.

Perhaps it's very bad timing for me and bad luck that I start with so many enemies pounding my ass taking that base.

You are right, Coflash. If I make it easier, it will be a separate difficult setting to choose. I also like more challening gameplay. With adding "easy" setting, I could also add additonal "hard" and "insane" for even more challenge.

New SP version 0.99 is available.

Change Log:

-"A3B Temporary Support Vehicles [bETA]" by ][Niipaa added as optional addon (Adds extra task/supply lines)

-New small details (flags in camps, AI throws gemlights, civs drive quadbikes...)

-New fast dialog mode

-Task condition updates (optinal tasks may cancel, player is able to skip meet the locals task)

-At least one of the received US vehicles (in the task) have a turret now

-Custom voices/noises set louder

-Other tweaks & fixes (inc. engineer have now suppressor)

"Task condition updates (optional tasks may cancel, player is able to skip meet the locals task)"

I was just playing last night and took LZ Connor before meeting the locals and then couldn't complete the meeting locals task. Was going to ask you about it but seems like you solved the problem with the new edition.

Also, the problem of stuck players hasn't happened to me since I installed a new video card (NVIDIA GTX660 superclocked), could that really have something to do with it?

Sometimes the local leader you need to meet, have walked away for some reason. I though it was already fixed, but need to check it again. Should be very rare bug anyway. In the new version, if player enter LZ Connor before meeting the armed locals, there is alternative radiochat and the locals join to attack the camp. To save performance, the camp connected optional antenna task is disabled if player captures the camp before blowing the mast. I could add some bonus for not using extra support.

I thought BIS recently fixed the stucked units with pistol bug which was the most common way for the units to get stuck.

Came across a few errors playing the SP version 0.99 today:

Error in expression <tity,_displayName,_picture,_scope,_type,_itemInfo,_cfg,_magazines,_muzzles,_desc>
 Error position: <_itemInfo,_cfg,_magazines,_muzzles,_desc>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _iteminfo

Error Undefined variable in expression: _acc_p
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\VAS\functions\fn_fetchCfgDetails.sqf, line 109
Error in expression <tity,_displayName,_picture,_scope,_type,_itemInfo,_cfg,_magazines,_muzzles,_desc>
 Error position: <_itemInfo,_cfg,_magazines,_muzzles,_desc>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _iteminfo

Error Undefined variable in expression: _acc_p
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\VAS\functions\fn_fetchCfgDetails.sqf, line 109
Error in expression <itemInfo,_cfg,_magazines,_muzzles,_desc,_acc_p,_acc_o,_acc_m];
_ret;>

Hope this helps.

Edited by Furret

Those seem to be some new game errors from BIS function, unless something is conflicting with my stuff.

Oh! I installed CBA last night, that's probably it. Sorry about that.

Easy for us players to ask and request things but;

Any chance of an easy/showcase version? Bigger squads, more friendly respawns and more random friendlies. Sometimes I just want to fire it up and steam roll the enemy, but it seems like i'm always scrimping with 4-5 friendlies and the odd stolen Ifrit.

Perhaps some sort of godmode too? *shrug* just me :p

No problem. I will try to add difficult levels. Also when high commanding is available mission will become easier.

The mission isn't that hard if you are smart about it. I captured LZ Connor with no help from the AI by sniping a few enemies and then setting an ambush for the other enemies that came to check. After that is was just cleaning up a few stragglers. Its important to play like you are an actual recon squad, be stealthy, use explosives and set ambushes.

The mission isn't that hard if you are smart about it. I captured LZ Connor with no help from the AI by sniping a few enemies and then setting an ambush for the other enemies that came to check. After that is was just cleaning up a few stragglers. Its important to play like you are an actual recon squad, be stealthy, use explosives and set ambushes.

I agree it's not 'hard' as such, but sometimes it's nice to watch lots of friendly ai just duke it out, aswell as being part of that. I'm willing to put asside realism in favour of a short burst of tactical-action :D