SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Unfortunately I have a couple of issues currently,

- Savegame issue (0-0-0)

I can save the game right after the game has been loaded.

I can also set auto save to 15 minutes and it successfully saves the 1-2 times (2nd time takes very long though, about 20 seconds to save).

Then it just fails to save. the game attempts to save, environment sound still plays normal, but after around 15 seconds the sound is freezing and 5 seconds later the game crashes.

(I have 3 different crash reports (each with those dmp files) and can send you the link for them if they are useful for you. Sometimes the game fails to create such dmp reports when crashing from the save issue)

It crashes with the error window "ArmA3.exe doesn't work anymore".

- Greenbag base (Green basecamp)

.Mission can not be finished, there is no major or something to speak to, nothing happens when I'm there.

.whole Map: http://i.imgur.com/CipbPAE.png

- Grenade bug

.Grenades can not be used even though they are in the inventory.

.However they can be used again when dropping the grenades on the ground (or the whole uniform/vest/bagpack) and re-equip it.

- Issue with the task "Assault to Camp near Nowhere"

.Sometimes the mission can not be finished since there is no base to capture, nor does it help to create an outpost at the marked area. The mission simply fails after a while.

.However sometimes the mission finishes by itself successfully when I'm not there.

.specific part of the Map: http://i.imgur.com/gGb8j96.png

- Ingame options take very long to open

.Esc, configure menu takes very long to open, if it opens at all. Sometimes it takes around 15 seconds, sometimes nothing happens at all.

The save game issue is the worst for me currently :(

The allowdamage false gets disabled at least after cutscenes. But it could also conflict with damage eventhandler I use for respawn.

Thanks - The crashes are best to send to http://feedback.arma3.com/my_view_page.php making ticket. I will try to check why the save-function would stop working, could be some bad script leaking too. The green major should be met when under the marker, but checking. Also the grenades, maybe I am adding those wrong. I will need to prevent the assault event if there is no camps left. If the menus get slow, there is definitely something leaking. Will do proper testruns soon especially during next week (Need to focus writing a review of both DLC's this weekend for finnish gaming magazine).

Getting faster connection next week (20/1 adsl -> 50/10 vdsl), you can expect bigger/better quality videos then. :cool: Have been quite a pain to upload anything with 0.7mbit/s speed, should get ~10 times faster.

Edited by SaOk

Getting faster connection next week (20/1 adsl -> 50/10 vdsl), you can expect bigger/better quality videos then. :cool: Have been quite a pain to upload anything with 0.7mbit/s speed, should get ~10 times faster.

Then you could possibly start livestreaming some sessions too, or start a walktrough/let's play series on YT :cool:

Thanks for looking into these issues. I'll open a ticket and see if BI can narrow down the reason of the crashes.

New WLA: Amalgamation update: Added autoMedic and autoRearm, handgrenades again work, +possible fix for respawn event/constructed items getting doubled + some other tweaks/fixes.

Let me know if you get respawn issues (player character getting doubled for some time or player getting moved to position after player able to move for some seconds already). Might have fixed it, and also rare item doubleing in construct system but need more testing. Only report if you have shift+8 working.

Livestreaming could be else nice but I am compeletely unfitting to that. Poor english and mumbling, noone would understand what is going on. ;) But YouTube videos with text walktrough is possible.

*autoMedic == team-mates heal themselves or other wounded team-members (except player)

*autoRearm == team-mates pick up weapons and mags from possible nearby dead bodies if out of ammo

Edited by SaOk

ChuWie the grenade bug is a game issue so not specific to this mission, i get it in multiple modes both vanilla and modded.

I found out it can be avoided by adding grenades for the spawned unit with 2s delay. Still need more testing if the delay works everytime.

ChuWie the grenade bug is a game issue so not specific to this mission, i get it in multiple modes both vanilla and modded.

Hm ok, didn't really play any other missions other than WLA since the Marksmen DLC. Thx for the headsup though :)

Very nice update SaOk. I don't know how you did it that fast but other than the greenbag base issue, my previous mentioned problems are pretty much all solved.

Saves does work again, grenades shown again, ingame configure menu does open flawlessly again, and overall the performance felt much more responsive eg. accessing and managing the gear menu. Only sometimes some frame drops, but which recover pretty fast again.

You rock dude :cool:

Didn't had the chance yet to see the new auto medic and auto rearm stuff in action but I guess time will tell. My soldiers prefer to die instantly instead atm, KIA style, lol.

If you don't mind I have 2 ideas for WLA, maybe you like them;

- it would be nice if the gear menu would have an "amount" box, like it is in the Weapon shop where you can select the amount of ammo that you want to buy.

.that way it would be much easier to add more stuff at once w/o having to scroll again to add another one.

.(currently a double click or drag and drop does not save the previous position of what has been selected, so you you have to scroll all the way again to find what you wanted to add. This can become very inconvenient if the storage is already full of all the good stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/1eHcJMY.png (1625 kB)

- Call Support Menu: When the team has been wiped and I want to order new paratroopers (Teammates [Para]) the menu closes once there has been made a single selection. Yet it would be better to have the menu stay open to order couple of paratroopers in a row w/o re-accessing the menu, scrolling and selecting all over again.

Pretty much kinda cosmetic stuff which makes the life much easier on the battlefield :D

I agree with ChuWie and ordering paratroopers, maybe you could use the same menu you use for calling in platoons.

About to start me another WLA game woo hoo!

So I just went to start a new wla game and was facing major lag right at the start menu. I've dropped my vid settings once before when using wla. From Ultra to very high, auto detect puts my settings at ultra and does nvidia experience. However I dropped it down to High from Very High and now it's really smooth. Very odd, is there something in the scenario effecting graphics?

Edited by Evmeister88

I have been noticing something similar. Like a graphical slowdown of some sort...

New WLA: Amalgamation update: Shift+1 gear now supports bipods + other tweaks.

Thanks :), good ideas. Will try to add especially the better paratrooper calling soon.

New WLA: Amalgamation update: Conversation cutscenes can be skipped with SPACE, added own animated hints/task notifications, +some other tweaks

Can the RHS template be expanded a bit soon? Like their logistic vehicles and things like a humvee or rg-33 being dropped rather than the hunter and RHS soldiers as reinforcements rather than random green army soldiers? Just a removal of vanilla stuff if RHS is chosen basically.

Hey SaOk, would it be at all possible to make helicopters and planes marginally less explode-ey when using a cargo house on them? i recently switched AGM for ACE, and lack a decent repair system, and with the current 100% explosion to attempted repair rate, my airbase is pretty useless as is.

As a suggestion, change the cargo house to a non-solid object like the helipad, so it can't cause any damage in any scenario.

Edited by RhoSigma

Sure, will try to update RHS template very soon and also check the airvehicles.

New WLA: Amalgamation update: Added animated dialog text, custom button/death tweaks (trying to prevent doubleing again) + other tweaks

Edit: Uploaded some more tweaks/fixes. Edited by SaOk

This is really a huge project. Played through the latest version yesterday. Didn't find any enemies but was impressed by the systems you've got running.

But one thing was terrible. The reminder on the left hand side of the screen to get the sounds pack. It's nagging every fifteen seconds or so. I thought the sounds pack was optional, that's what it says on the website. Must be a great sound pack, I'll download it tonight.

Thanks for a really huge dynamic mission. Looking forwardt to getingt into it properly.

It'd be nice to be able to disable the sound pack in the menu, even if it is required

The voices don't match the subtitles, and the lip sync is way off for the voices

New WLA: Amalgamation update: More tweaks and fixes.

Using custom location classes that are only possible to add currently in addon, making the WLA addon required to play. Else much stuff isnt working currently. Related ticket to make mission addon free again.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23563

There is random lipsync for non-recorded lines. Its currently also enabled when there is custom lip syncfile, need to tweak that also correct the subtitles.

New Small WLA: Amalgamation update: Updated RHS template + tweaks.

Are you ever going to charge money for this mod through Steam?

I'm also curious about this. Not sure if it'd violate BIS policy or not.

In the current shape not, but might be interested of the "pay what you want"-concept (never if steam takes 75%). But not sure where the line goes - If the mission would get very very much more proper, the more fun would be to make it even as DLC. Still there should be proper full version available for free too (maybe leaving the later additions only behind the small price). But DLC is very unlikely to happen.

Would depend totally on the mission quality and popularity. I dont think there is much active players anyway yet (maybe will never be). Making game content for living would be still dream so who know how it goes.

But would charge money only if community sees my project good enough for that.

Very hard question. Taking a step from priceless fun hobby to job makes it so tricky.

Edit: But I dont know. Would need to think it more.

Edited by SaOk

I tell ya what. If you and/or others made a separate paid version that was professional, bug-free, and a bit expanded I'd gladly pay $5-$15 for it! I've had many hours taken away by this mission, and I consider it to definitely be the most repeatable mission for A3.

I'd love so much to see all the issues with the mission sorted out, and I hope one day I can experience it the way it's meant to be.