SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

New WLA SP testversion is here (dropbox only). Added map support for fallujah and napf + new dynamic save pilot task event. After the location search changes its bit possible there is some bugs so use with own risk. Testing the mission too, but takes time to see how all work after the changes.

Liked much the Napf, will try the tweaking for pond too :)

Wow, that was fast. Perfect. And fixing Pond i send you last week the message, it´s very easy, and its toatly worth it :)

New smaller COOP update. Map support from SP version + fast-travel hotfix. More COOP updates soon.

Edit: That VCOM AI Driving Mod looks awesome. The driving AI have been the most problematic issue in the game.

Edited by SaOk

Just tried your latest test version (SP) and There is a problem: After finishing the first dialog with civilian, nothing happens. Prisoner location does not appear on the map and "Contact civilian" task is still active.

Just tried your latest test version (SP) and There is a problem: After finishing the first dialog with civilian, nothing happens. Prisoner location does not appear on the map and "Contact civilian" task is still active.

This ^

Uploaded SP WLA hotfix (still testversion, dropbox only). Fixed that task location search bug, also found similar issue in another task. It was from the recent heavy changes.

Thanks for letting me know. :) You might be able to continue the old mission progress if "WLA shift+1"-saved during that bugged task, but not 100% sure.

Edit: Tiny reupload. Made the location search bit faster for the two tasks. Previous upload also works if already got it.

Edited by SaOk

Latest Version still has the issue that commanding called in helicopter platoons doesnt work properly. It works fine with tanks and even planes. Just to let you know...

Made some changes for next update. There might have been conflict with loiter waypoint (also with guard-waypoint for other vehicle types). Now only the last waypoint have that set.

SaOk, to run Namalsk properly on Arma 3 you need to delete some pbo´s from the folder.

Namalsk runs only properly with this pbo´s:

namalsk.pbo
ns.pbo
ns_plants.pbo
ns_rocks.pbo
ns_sounds.pbo
ns2.pbo

SaOk,

Thank for fast reply!

There in another issue (it is minor though) I would like to highlight.

Some class names are still hardcoded. For example, when I accomplish first "Destroy AA vehicle" task I always get Marshall and Slammer dropper at my base camp, no matter I play RHS or default Arma.

The same thing for helicopter when helicopter insertion is chosen.

And the same thing for player unit class and player squad, they are always Arma default classes.

SaOk,

This is probably only on my end because I am running quite a few mods but the latest version has an issue for me:

It seems friendly and civilian (and hostile, actually. hell, even I get stuck) NPCs keep getting stuck in place and sometimes when I respawn, I do too. It's weird because I can walk backwards but not forward and the NPCs always seem to be stuck in some sort of animation of walking forward. If I lower and re-raise my weapon, it usually fixes the problem, or if I add a salute to the raising and lowering for whatever reason.

I've tried disabling all AI addons and only left on weapons, vehicles, uniforms, pretty much things I thought would have no effect on the AI behavior but it didn't fix the issue.

I've noticed waypoints...like AI waypoints... popping up on my map too.

The friendly AI in my squad were refusing to get into vehicles. I'd have at least one stubborn squadmate all the time.

This happens for me on both the official Steam version and my own "modification" of the latest version which just simply unlocks all addons for Zeus instead of just vanilla and RHS that I assume is offered by MCC when enabled (if this was a feature or an option, I'd love you, even if you unlocked zues or assets through story).

Like I said, it's probably a mod but I just wanted to keep you up to date. I'll try again later with no mods, I've just been busy.

[EDIT]: Not that it really helps to solve any conflict or issue but this is just an example of an NPC that's standing still: http://i.imgur.com/7hiYBCd.jpg (537 kB)

You'll also notice the green waypoint in the bottom left.

And again, this is probably only a problem for me but I thought it's better safe than sorry to let you know. Only weird thing is that I've never had this issue with any of these same mods before, I don't think I'm running anything different or out of the ordinary.

Edited by dblack850

The units getting stuck is mod or game related, but you can use shift+1 other options to unstuck player or team-mates. Else there is not much that can be done in mission side.

Will revisit the tasks soon to have mod template units/vehicles for all those events, have forgotten to tweak some of those. Currently in flu but back soon with more mission updates.

hello saok, i have opened the .pbo, can you write me via private message in which file i can find the respawn script ?

i wont release it to the public nor my mission (which is a private-use mission by myself) in which i want to use the script.

The respawn is using multiple scripts, and being quite integrated. Adding the respawn in startdialog.sqf as eventhandlers, rows 898-899. Uses scripts PDA.sqf, PDAEX.sqf and PlayerDamage.sqf (both compiled in init.sqf).

Mission updates soon, will try to include new ambient events.

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been covered (and excuse me if it has), but the mission is somewhat bugged. For some reason one guy in my squad keeps getting into my vehicle when I ask, but then immediately gets out. So what happens is I get into a vehicle, then I press the ~ key and order my squad to "Get In". Everyone gets in, but then my squad-mate "James" gets in the vehicle, then immediately gets out, while the other soldiers stay in the vehicle, including me. At first I thought it was just a bug with using Takistan or Chernarus, but now it is happening on the vanilla Altis. I did notice however that when this happens, my soldier's status changes to "Wait" and James turns to "Ready" or "Move". I have tried multiple times to press 0-1 or 0-0-1 to set my status to "Done" but when I order him to get in again it resets the status to "Wait".

I am using a lot of mods including AGM, RHS: Escalation, AiA TP, Blastcore A3, Blastcore Tracers, CBA, FHQ Accessories, ASDG Joint Rails, JSRS and Arma Enhanced Movement.

Thanks for any help!

The AI issues to getting in vehicles is not mission related, unless you try to order them in locked cars. You need to break in those with Y-key (or Z with some keyboards).

Making progress with the update, but not quite ready. Probably still some days.

Hi,

if I start the mission on Chernarus with RHS Escalation, is it normal that I start with the default Arma 3 equipment and soldiers?

And I got some CSAT vehicles right next to the Russian ones, so it seems to me that I did something wrong.

I'm playing the COOP Version by the way.

In COOP the start gear is still broken with mod templates, didnt get it work yet for some reason. COOP also have some more CSAT units left there. In the next SP version, its improved more again. Copy-pasting the changes later to COOP.

Thank you for your answer!

Well then I guess my friends and I have to wait for the next release of the COOP version before we can start our campaign.

But thanks again for your great work, your mission is my all time favourite since one of the first versions back in 2013!

The AI issues to getting in vehicles is not mission related, unless you try to order them in locked cars. You need to break in those with Y-key (or Z with some keyboards).

Making progress with the update, but not quite ready. Probably still some days.

Ok cool, i am very excited :)

In COOP the start gear is still broken with mod templates, didnt get it work yet for some reason. COOP also have some more CSAT units left there. In the next SP version, its improved more again. Copy-pasting the changes later to COOP.

Hey SaOk, first of, great mission! The best of its kind for sure. Thank you a bunch for making it.

Me and a friend are running the 8 player co-op version on a dedicated server and it is working great for the most part!

Since the last update I have been seeing a few issues and I wanted to reach out to you and see if they could be fixed for the next version:

1. Virtual Arsenal only works once per server join. No matter where you are, after having used the virtual arsenal one time, you will have to leave the server and re-join to use it again. I saw this mentioned in the steam group as well

2. I build a outpost, the enemy AI takes it over when i'm gone from the server. Not a problem there! But now, sometimes I will not be able to take the outpost back from the AI even if I destroy all placed weapons and enemies around.

These are the main problems I'm having right now and it would be amazing to see a fix for these.

One last thing... are there any plans for a friendly player revive system? I know there are scripts to accomplish this and I was just wondering if you had any plans on looking at that.

Thank you!

Thanks, :) will take a look of those issues soon. There should be more arsenal points coming if you commit tasks and capture camps, but testing it again. You can also toggle near unlimited ARS points from parameters in role selecting screen, before starting the mission. Revive would be very nice, but would like to create own system for that. But will see.