SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Thanks  :), there is no name set yet for the Project. I will try to have game available later in summer/fall, but depends how it comes. Hope to have proper content from start, even most likely bringing it as early access. Steam is removing greenlight so will see how expensive the new way will be. Not sure if I can afford steam release right away or should I try with some smaller gamesite first.

You can freely edit the WLA, there is links for editor versions in my earlier post. But it could be hard to get started. There is so much code and havent kept them organized for 3rd party editing. Notepad++ file search will be essential.  

16 hours ago, SaOk said:

Thanks  :), there is no name set yet for the Project. I will try to have game available later in summer/fall, but depends how it comes. Hope to have proper content from start, even most likely bringing it as early access. Steam is removing greenlight so will see how expensive the new way will be. Not sure if I can afford steam release right away or should I try with some smaller gamesite first.

You can freely edit the WLA, there is links for editor versions in my earlier post. But it could be hard to get started. There is so much code and havent kept them organized for 3rd party editing. Notepad++ file search will be essential.  

Great! I hope you can get it to work as you prefer :) 

WLA: Ok, it's not a problem with the code - as long as it's existing I can handle it :D But writing such a big project on my own... I couldn't handle THAT one! lol It's easier for me to write parts of a Linux kernel than something like your WLA project... But I want at least fix some bugs and add the stuff I've said - and of course keep it working for the case of upcoming Arma updates which could potentially break the whole mission some day.. for now I changed the Civ spawn selection depending on the used map (i.e. Cup Taki Civs for Takistan, etc..). But there's still a lot of work to do until I will re-upload it. And I have my own project too... However, thanks for your permissions! And keep up the good work with your game!

Edit: A question about WLA Coop: Latest Coop version is about one year past the latest SP version. I guess there are a lot of features missing itn the Coop version? If so, I might take that on my todo-list too as wel, but would prefer if there's already something existing somewhere. You got anything like that? Also an unfinished version would be fine. Otherwise I would whether rewrite a lot oc SP version's code for MP compatibility - or insert the missing features from latest SP version into MP one.. But I'd like to use any ability for saving some as much work as I can :-D

One more request thing: Have you made any progress on WLA Tanoa since the one version you released? If not - I guess so -  would you kindly provide me a list of things remain to be fixed?

And last: Is there any other source to follow your progress on your game project? I know, Twtter is great, but maybe you got a Website for your project? Otherwise - if you likely want to have one, I could build up one for you, I'm mainly a webdesigner since I left kernel development. ;-) My intention to offer you that isn't because of money - I don't want to get anything for doing this - IF I would do that at all. I just like to support other people who are spending their spare times for great projects like yours!  PM me on that if you want. ;-)

Thank you!

Oh, 

Thanks for offering, :) I havent got game consept yet running in UE4 so bit too early to make homepage. But maybe later in summer or fall. Currently updating game progress only on Twitter and Youtube.

Here is the COOP version for editor. Its only for Altis.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb7xlzhtp3tk3b7/COOPWholeLottaAltis.7z?dl=0

COOP dosent have the tasks updated from SP version. And there is some other features missing like undercover mode. Also dialogs are older and the mod section dosent seem to really work. Been so much time that I dont remember good.

SP version of Tanoa is mostly waiting new story and own tasks. And A*-pathfinding would need addition to detect islands. It still shouldnt leak performance, but the map marked teams might not work ideally. I would be good to add air lift teams for blufor too which needs some addition in related functions. The WLT version is the newest, have worked it. New bugs have appear while game have got updates - Both SP versions have random respawn bug that prevents player sometimes getting respawned (if using mods like ACE the whole respawn/advanced first aid get probably broken and not sure if it can be fixed without modifying ACE). The advanced first aid hotkey seem to mix with action menu and GUI sometimes dissapear. Whole GUI would need tweaking. Its not looking good currently. And mod section is very clumsy too. Fireplaces also give some buggy damage for player, its conflicting with civilians throwing items at player. Didnt find solution for that 2 years back, but game could be different for that now.

On 3.3.2017 at 7:39 PM, SaOk said:

Thanks for offering, :) I havent got game consept yet running in UE4 so bit too early to make homepage. But maybe later in summer or fall. Currently updating game progress only on Twitter and Youtube.

Here is the COOP version for editor. Its only for Altis.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb7xlzhtp3tk3b7/COOPWholeLottaAltis.7z?dl=0

COOP dosent have the tasks updated from SP version. And there is some other features missing like undercover mode. Also dialogs are older and the mod section dosent seem to really work. Been so much time that I dont remember good.

SP version of Tanoa is mostly waiting new story and own tasks. And A*-pathfinding would need addition to detect islands. It still shouldnt leak performance, but the map marked teams might not work ideally. I would be good to add air lift teams for blufor too which needs some addition in related functions. The WLT version is the newest, have worked it. New bugs have appear while game have got updates - Both SP versions have random respawn bug that prevents player sometimes getting respawned (if using mods like ACE the whole respawn/advanced first aid get probably broken and not sure if it can be fixed without modifying ACE). The advanced first aid hotkey seem to mix with action menu and GUI sometimes dissapear. Whole GUI would need tweaking. Its not looking good currently. And mod section is very clumsy too. Fireplaces also give some buggy damage for player, its conflicting with civilians throwing items at player. Didnt find solution for that 2 years back, but game could be different for that now.

Well, that are in fact a lot of things to work on... :D
According to ACE and first aid - I got that fixed and made compatible each other in my mission DISWS. ACE3 medical and AIS Wounding works fine together. Only issue I couldn't fix is that sometimes revived mates keep lying on the ground even after fully healed - but it's easy to "fix" by just drag them a few meters and drop them, then they will stand up and are fully functional again.

All the other things must be investigated first, guess it will need time - even I'm currently still working on DISWS and a new project. So I guess I would start over first making WLA Coop ready (the latest version) and fix some issues, but actually it still works very bugfree on 1.66. I should at least wait for upcoming 1.68 update (official) because this will definately cause "some" new bugs due to changes in whole game engine and the introducing 64bit binaries. It will break a lot of mods for sure and there are also some SQF side changes which are causing deep performance hits (tested with RC branch). And THEN, when WLA latest runs in Coop, I might start with WLT maybe. However, all this seems to be much more to do than I though first. But thanks for the headsup. :-)

Nope, I noticed you converted DISWS too. :) Feel free to modify the WLA anyway, but as one thing please dont add ISIS as faction in WLA. I dont like any real terrorist group names (or religions) featured in my work. Forbitted the ISIS conversions also few years ago.

Just did a personal port of this over to Winter Chernarus and man -this mission just never gets old. So much fun in the snow with RHS.

• Like 1

Hi all

Dear SaOK thanks for your great mission, I have few suggestions if you want to read.

1) I'm running Arma 3 1920x1080 resolution with Small Interface and RHS mod. Shift+1 menu is just too small (for RHS mod at least), I cant read some items' (some weapon names in buy menu, at least one in Related Magazines, and a lot in Container item lists) ~%30 of description. Please resize WLA Menu if possible.

2) Please add detailed tabs to *every* item list(both buy and equipt menu) in Customize Gear option. Seperate ammo, attachments and explosives tabs; different tabs for armored and unarmored head gear, cloth and vest; different tabs for empty backpacks and full backpacks (dismantled weapon parts/UAVs/Camp Equipement etc) if possible.

3) If possible please add a "checkbox" for "Show only supported attachments and ammos for selected weapon" option while equipping and buying weapons.

4) If possible please give us an option to sell our unused equipenets and vehicles for extra prestige. You can even create a mission related to "sell things to arms/vehicle dealer" missions (a Mission which can sometimes lead to enemy ambushes and sometimes lead to"a dealer who don't want to pay for items" missions) if you like.

And a Bug: "Y"(auto gether) button can't recognise attachments on weapons.

Thanks and sorry for my English.

Edit_1: Correction: I use very small interface size, sorry for misinfo.

Edited by d_ted
correction of info

Hi

Someone know how to enable the debug mode? I cant really find any option about debug mode in start settings when you firstly start the WLA. I wanted to add additional prestige. 

Thank you for your answer

On 3/14/2017 at 10:53 AM, SaOk said:

Nope, I noticed you converted DISWS too. :) Feel free to modify the WLA anyway, but as one thing please dont add ISIS as faction in WLA. I dont like any real terrorist group names (or religions) featured in my work. Forbitted the ISIS conversions also few years ago.

So, as long as we made sure you had the credit, I could modify WLA to better fit my ArmA3 'Light-Milsim' Group?
Basically just changing a bit of the UI, probably the respawn system to use the updated Apex system, as well as other added functions for my group.
Been really pushing to delve into a mission we could use for ambiance, however, all of our attempts have failed. And we would like to build on yours so long as you didn't mind. (Our licensing for mission content is APL-SA, so nothing we use needs to be paid for/donated to use. Any/all donations are strictly to keep paying for our server box).

Sure, modify freely. :)

The debug window should be in esc-menu. Then just write pisteet = 100000; and press exec.

On 4/14/2017 at 1:32 PM, SaOk said:

Sure, modify freely. :)

The debug window should be in esc-menu. Then just write pisteet = 100000; and press exec.

Beautiful! You're a saint!

As I understand it, the mission is no longer being worked on. But are there any known reasons for the mission to not work on a dedicated server as opposed to being client hosted?
I've been told numerous times that Dedicated servers operated differently, but I've grown quite confused as to why it would be.

hello Saok,

I really love your work but I'd absolutely need to add the revive system (both base and Ace working) in, otherwise it's really really clumsy to play with my friends.

I got no idea about how to modify scenarios or the like, so any help would really be appreciated :)

On ‎19‎.‎4‎.‎2017 at 3:22 PM, thevastator said:

hello Saok,

I really love your work but I'd absolutely need to add the revive system (both base and Ace working) in, otherwise it's really really clumsy to play with my friends.

I got no idea about how to modify scenarios or the like, so any help would really be appreciated :)

Please don't play WLA with ACE mod. They are not so compatible afaik.

I made orginally the mp version for dedicated server, but could be its no longer working correctly.

ACE can be hard to get working. I made the respawn system to follow damage-eventhandlers. Any mods with similar eventhandlers may cause problems. I dont think there is way to block mod features or make compatible. Wihout editing the mod itself (ACE).

On 4/21/2017 at 7:26 AM, SaOk said:

I made orginally the mp version for dedicated server, but could be its no longer working correctly.

ACE can be hard to get working. I made the respawn system to follow damage-eventhandlers. Any mods with similar eventhandlers may cause problems. I dont think there is way to block mod features or make compatible. Wihout editing the mod itself (ACE).

Ah, cause I've found out the biggest issue with the way our server runs. We always run 2 HeadlessClients and locality changes a lot. Which has been messing with a lot of your work. However I have a feeling that we can run it without them due to the way most of the map is virtual.

I actually tested headlessclients very long time ago in WLA, when the feature was heavy WIP. There might be some bad code left, so wouldnt recommend to use HC. Had forgotten I even had some HC experiments there.

Yeah, if I can manage some time down the road to get them to work it'll be used on our heavier modpack. Because without HCs it can't handle even 10 players online. But so far so good. Even using ACE it only throws one or 2 errors upon mission start. However, we don't use their respawn system. So mostly just adding crate classnames to the dialogs for supports and such.

The respawn only bugs in SP if using ACE, since the whole respawn is custom made. The MP respawn should work normally.

In MP the amount of AI unit dosent scale much up if using more players. Only more camps and some other features might be spawned if players spread around map much. Mostly the mission gets easier unless some players are put in opfor side. Orginally meant the MP version for small groups (~8 players in same team) to play. Made the bigger variants for Dwarden to test his powerfull servers. Mission seemed to run quite good when there was ~20 players. But mostly the consept didnt gather much players in open servers at same time.

As side note - Creating my Unreal Engine 4 Project as singleplayer, but would be fun to add coop for it too later. Been gathering buggy WIP progress in my Twitter:

https://twitter.com/TheRealSaOk

Yeah, we're using it mostly as something to keep people around in the servers. They are usually empty unless we have something ambient on for people to play with. So when I mentioned this as an alternative to what we once had, it was kinda the small light at the end of the tunnel.

Also that is looking pretty good, it's been a while since I looked at what you had been doing with it.

Hi, is there a version of the mission in Russian language? and with the mod rhs? 

if there is no Russian language, can I translate? in what file to place the text? thanks in advance)

Can only imagine how good this mission would be today had developement not ceased, still to this day its the most interesting and dynamic mode you can play imo. Hope you're back with some kind of Arma work again at some point!

Its possible to add translations in stringtable.csv, just need to be sure there is no any symbols missing (" and , in right places), but I havent added everything in stringtable. The GUI cant be translated unless edited to use stringtable too.

Havent managed to find any extra time. Started learning 3d modeling/texturing in february which have took much time. The UE4 Project have got much bigger. Still been working on some big issues (just got one big bug fixed that slowed gamethread  very much) and should rework on drawcalls next. But hope to have dynamic consept to show in it during summer. Already prepared much for it. E.g. lookout towers/recon teams that report enemy sightings. Camps and other "spawning" stuff will come easily since having all units in pools. Can have life-cycles without any performance drop spikes. Having pathfinding for ai driving/flying ready. Waiting new plugin to replace physX driving with much better system. Should finish military vehicle in houdini soon and also make some flying craft. Still need to learn 3d modeling some more, but can add special map scructures quite easily soon.

• Like 1

Thank you. Which files need to be translated, for translating the GUI?

Hi guys !

I use the RHS Escalation mod when playing WLA but when sometimes when get in the mods vehicles the player gets stuck. 

Any idea how can I solve this ?

• Like 1