SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Released Alpha of WLT: Amalgamation for SP. You need to enable apex_sneak_preview to play. Also may need to enable WLA addons old way as parameter in launcher. Had it enabled in mod-section but didnt work then. WLT is having separate pbo since planning (if finding time) to change tasks and other stuff for this Tanoa edition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pffiouyj530x33a/WholeLottaTanoa.7z?dl=0

The required WLA addon:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78e2wypdx0ja5p9/%40SaOk.7z​

or

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=422592108​(not sure if working as got the launcher issue with apex_sneak_preview)

Error in my RPT (TANOA):

18:33:56 Error in expression < RETURNRANDOM);} else {_nul = [1] SPAWN MusicT;[["WLA","CustomSounds"]] call BIS>
18:33:56   Error position: <MusicT;[["WLA","CustomSounds"]] call BIS>
18:33:56   Error Undefined variable in expression: musict
18:33:56 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\Cutscenes\Cut0_Intro.sqf, line 24
18:33:59 Error in expression < {missionnamespace getvariable "PPos"};
_p 
};

NEARESTLOCATIONNAME = {

private>
18:33:59   Error position: <_p 
};

NEARESTLOCATIONNAME = {

private>
18:33:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: _p
18:33:59 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\SharedFuncs.sqf, line 71
18:33:59 Error in expression <PLAYER;
_nearestCity = nearestLocation [_t, "NameCity"];
_nearestCity2 = nearest>
18:33:59   Error position: <_t, "NameCity"];
_nearestCity2 = nearest>
18:33:59   Error Undefined variable in expression: _t
18:33:59 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Tanoa\AmbientFortress.sqf, line 319

SaOk,

Amazing work on this mission.  It's easily my absolute favorite.  Question for you, is the updated mission file that you linked in a few replies above the same as the one posted on the first page of this thread?  I downloaded the one from the first page assuming that it was the most up to date, but I wanted to make sure I'm getting the best of the best.

Also, I had an issue where when I resumed my mission all of the gear I had collected was gone.  I assume this is because I was not using the in-mission save method that you describe above.  I'm going to restart tonight to make sure I can save correctly this time around, but wanted to make sure that was indeed the case.

Keep up the great work!  I seriously hope you continue to keep this mission updated.  I would certainly be devastated should I lose the ability to continue playing this epic mission!

Thank you :) I will try to keep the mission (WLA and WLT, SP versions mostly) playable with occasional updates. Expected to play the game more again after the Apex, but didnt at the end. But sooner or later, will do some bug fix updates at least. But no schedule, UE4 is taking all the time. The enthusiasm I had for the OFP/ArmA games from 2001 is gone.

i Saok.

What is this UE4?

You mention it many times but I have no idea what it is.

Arma related?

Hi, :)

calling Unreal Engine 4 as UE4 (maybe shouldnt since everyone is asking what it is ;D). Making own game for it. You can follow progress in my Twitter:

https://twitter.com/TheRealSaOk

Middle of working on bigger additions/changes. Will capture better pics and videos soon in some ~weeks. The project dosent yet look much anything. Mostly been practicing to get proper performance and stability. Got proper plugin to add instanced meshes only recently. Can now make much more detailed enviroment. Interesting to see how much directX12/Vulkan allow even more dense details. Decorating have been constant practice too. So much to learn. Aiming to have bit similar consept as WLA. Just more fictional and scifi, and smaller scale. Would be ideal that all events would be connected to AI decisions and growing resources. But will see how it comes. Still heavy WIP.

• Like 1

I've lost control of the other team players.

As the lead player, controlling 5 or 6 or 7 others, for some strange reason, they don't appear under my control anymore

and, I seem to be under the other team like F2, F3 or whoever it is.

This is SP play of course.

Hi! First i would like to thank you this mod. And ive got a question how can i rearm the ai soldiers?

I tried to read as much as I can to get the WLTanoa working but not having much luck. I copied all the content from the pbo file into the steam/missions folder but when i open ARMA 3 and choose Scenerios I get an error: File Missions/WLT/mission.sqm, line 0:raP': '(0)' encountered instead of '='

Do I still need to look into installing the sneak peak preview version since APEX is already live?

Hey Saok!

Could you eventually share your whole data concerning WLA and WLT. I mean all the lists and stuff that is necessary to entangle the scripts. The files to overhaul the GUIs would be nice cause with the existing one it is not possible to open the existing GUIs. And could yo eventually share everything that you used to setup this mission. Excelfiles and other txt files which are not included in the mission files.

I get deeper into scripting and planning a complete overhaul over the mission...

thank you

Cheers Skanda

Thanks all, :) all data is in the open folder version available in the first post. Only recommending to use notepad++ to be able to work the most fluent way. The folder versions again:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7abb2i9ghajnwmf/WholeLottaAltis.Altis.7z

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dks3xz3hbqxlg7n/WholeLottaTanoa.Tanoa.7z?dl=0

Sorry for late reply KiLla CoS, you only need to unpack this 7z and put the pbo in to arma3/missions folder. After that it shows in scenarios menu. ArmA3 folder is usually in programfiles\Steam\SteamApps\common\. It should work with normal arma3 version and also with dev branch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pffiouyj530x33a/WholeLottaTanoa.7z?dl=0

Great to see 64bit coming to the game. Not sure if I need to recompile the mission files to make it enabled in mission. Or should it work directly.

EDIT (8th January): I am checking this thread time to time, I will reply mostly only via private messages (in this forum).

• Like 1

Hi Saok !

Thanks for the awesome mission, gave me new purpose in life. Just one thing. In-game options (Shift+1) give us 3 saves option for custom mods where you can load custom addons (units, vehicles, planes etc). Could you tell me where those file/files are being kept on the drive? 3 saves just isn't enough for me, so i'd like to make few copies of that file (or files), each with different mods setup

• Like 2

Where is your code located for hitting Y to strip all corpses and put the items in the armory? I'd like to use that and adjust it so you can strip all corpses and load the nearest vehicle with them.

• Like 1

I notice this hasn't been updated since May of 2016. Just wondering if everything still works fine with the new versions of ArmA 3 and RHS that have recently come out. I'm also newly returning to ArmA 3 after about a two year hiatus so I'm super rusty on the modding and mission scene.

It seems most of the single player dynamic missions are dying off. SaOk is doing some awesome work designing his own game so I think he's left WLA alone, and the once-popular DUWS mission hasn't been updated in years, despite being the highest rated item in the Steam Workshop. I guess the ArmA community nowadays only cares about multiplayer and/or group events, which kinda sucks.

Hi for a long time. :)

Even after MANW, I tryed to offer WLA to work together with BIS few times. But there were no reaction. It would have been cheap project to make WLA more polished together. They could have helped to make proper GUI and it would have been easy to implement proper story(tasks) inside the consept. I think WLA would have had very nice potential to gather own target group of players. Who knows how popular WLA could have become with some visibility. But cant force BIS. I had plans to keep working on the consept for many more years.

I released the WLA too early in steam and got much downvotes from game bugs too. Negative rates were 10% while now its 4%. Without the early votes it would be around 1,5%. There seems to be much excited players too so it will be unsolved mystery why BIS isnt interested at all. With Game 2 (that ended being ArmA2) they still hyped to create dynamic whole map campaign. They didnt have skills to make it. I would have something quite close waiting polishing. But no interest since suddently they have decided to focus only on fast-phased small scale stuff. I dont get how that is a good idea with the heavy engine that is made for large scale hiking. Isnt there better platforms for PvP urban pistol shooters? While watching footage from upcoming Espace from Tarkov, will it be good for ArmA to jump into that scene (Unless they get animation system and movement controls much forward)?

I think it had things to do with their lack luster AI command system. You practically can't have meaningful control over AI in combat to influence outcome, and don't get me started on their inventory management. Yet mission of this depth and breadth means effective use of AI team mate is a necessity IMO. Unfortunately you as a mission builder can't offer a solution to that so as a whole package things fall apart. Personally THIS(which is equally unfortunately a semi abandoned project now) has helped me a lot with team management. If you ever feel like to seriously resume the work on WLA I'd really like you to check that one out, maybe consider some form of integration into your mission. Or even co-develop that feature.

But looking at the bigger picture there just seem to be a general lack of interest in non-linear single player or just single player in general from BIS. The original campaign in the most open second chapter was only barely better than linear scenario strung together(think of early 2010s days promise for ARMA 3 campaign). Then you see Helicopter and Marksman DLC with their core feature incompatible(to be honest maybe too complex to implement too) with non scripted AI use, with APEX playable content focused almost exclusively on MP play. Their new ARMA spin off is just as you said a 5v5 PvP "urban pistol shooter". Maybe we SP focused players are just a drop in the bucket in the larger market, or AI/commanding is too resource intensive or impractical to improve with current tech, or maybe extensive SP content just mean more piracy for them. Anyhow I guess they don't see justification for doing better SP content from business point of view.

BTW which .sqf determines spawn distance or what you call "life range"? I'd like to go above +50% in the setting and I'm not worried about losing a few FPS.

Edit: SharedFuncs4.sqf? DISVAR? I'm interested in knowing what it actually means if it is it.

Hey There - thanks for making this mission, I'm wondering if it's possible to turn off the hud overlays that give updates on combat and etc.?

You can toggle off the GUI boxbackgrounds in shift+1 options but there is no proper toggle for HUD elements. Before abandoning the Project mostly, I was just updating GUI but I left it bit WIP. Made some tweak last summer in that tiny update, but its stayed quite WIP.

DISVAR was the variable. Sent personal message, but if someone else also like to change it. Just set value to e.g. 2000 in esc-menu with DISVAR = 2000; and pressing exec. Normally the value is between 1000 and 1500. The bigger value, the more dramatic spawn radius/FPS hit.

That Get Tactical RTS interface looks ultra cool. Definitely trying it if some day playing arma more again.

Never made any addons in arma, but I started now to make own 3d models with houdini for unreal engine 4. There is insane good tools today for indie developers so have to try myself too. :) Got Quixel SUITE2 for texturing too but first learning to model tatrapan, riot shield and baton. :)

https://twitter.com/TheRealSaOk

Thanks for this amazing mission.

I play in SP and I wonder is there a easy way to replace/change CSAT faction with an Iranian custom faction that i have,i tried in editor but i cant find how to do(if is possible).

Thanks.

Thanks, :) you can use shift+1 mod section to change classnames for opfor. Was my early work with dialogs so its quite slow to use. Better maybe first to check the iranian units in 3d editor, where you should be able to see the classnames. Will be faster to find those classnames then in WLA mod section.

• Like 1

Hey Saok Huge fan of this project, but very new. My question for you is that i am a big fan of realism, so what i like to do is implement ace into a lot of the things i do. Problem is that the mag repack program is already included on here as CTRL+R where as the check amount left. my question is for you is there any way i can change the repack into a different keybind, that way no script is removed that would cause the whole gameplay to crash? I love what you have done with this project and i plan on playing it in multiple maps as time goes.

Hi :) you would need to edit Afterloading.sqf. In row 80. under //CTRL + R , you need to change 0x13  (which is the R) to match some other DIK-keycode:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes

E.g. 0x14 would T.

Here is the open folder version for editor (Altis and Tanoa):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7abb2i9ghajnwmf/WholeLottaAltis.Altis.7z

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dks3xz3hbqxlg7n/WholeLottaTanoa.Tanoa.7z?dl=0

On 1/18/2017 at 0:28 AM, SaOk said:

While watching footage from upcoming Espace from Tarkov, will it be good for ArmA to jump into that scene (Unless they get animation system and movement controls much forward)?

that would be the ultimate game. But like you say arma3's animation and movement system needs a ton of work

OMG!! SaOK!!! What a beauty of game you're working on!! How is it called? And do you already have an ETA? I'm really looking forward for this and would definately buy it!! Only downside: We've lost one of the most amazing Arma custom devs... :-/ However, any thoughts on updating this mission (my very favourite one) someday? Or may I am allowed to do some changes and fixes for it? I would like to change the factions - better saying: making the selection more dynamic depending on the what map is used for playing. This affects mainly the civilian faction (cup taki civs, or caf civs for mid-east maps i.e.) and a faction selection screen for the player - or wait, it's already existing, so expanding it with more playable factions. Also making more support for ACE users, etc. I got that working on my mission where ACE medical is compatible to the wounding and revive system. These are just a few ideas. If you might give me permission to do some work on your mission and releasing it on steam i.e. - of course full credtis to you! ?