SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Yes, edition for Tanoa can be found here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139169-spmp-dynamic-whole-map-arma3-missions-by-saok/?p=3043706​

The dead bodies cause heavy performance loss so having quite low limit for those. You can increase life radius to make AI spawn in bigger radius. More camps/posts appear spawned at same time which may lower FPS much. Performance is very sensitive in arma, having even few more AI may destroy FPS quickly, no matter the Computer (game uses 2 cores and CPU's have had very similar clocks from ~2010. No matter if having 6core i7 5820K or some cheap two core i3). Open areas can handle 80-100 AI, while urban enviroments already get heavy from much less AI. Plane or chopper flying over city drop FPS even more. 2,3km dense life radius is simply not possible. Everything is about compromise.

I try to update WLT sooner or later, but better not wait. Havent found much time for it yet. Tried to update mod section (to add double clicking and dragging), but had some strange issue with configs. Trying again soon.

• Like 4

Hello,

Great mission, it is very entertaining to play on Chernarus with JSRS4 and RHS mods. Amazing job!

However I have a question that might have been asked before but I can not find such post.

Is it possible to play as CSAT or the Red faction instead of the Blue faction? So that I still conquer territories at the beginning but I instead fight against Blue faction? If possible, could you post small instructions how to do that, I tried editing the mission myself but no luck so far.

Thanks :) Playing as CSAT would require heavy changes in scripts, since faction side are locked in config. I should have made the consept compatible for that from start. WLA was just chaotic learning experiment. There is much I would do very differently today. E.g. the mod section is just embarrassing bad. Made it when I didnt yet know that UIeventhandlers existed. Still I think it better to have at least something than nothing.

• Like 7

Wouldnt say embarassingly bad, its an incredibly ambitious mission to make and its still the best SP mission ive played, can only imagine what it would be like today if it didnt stop being worked on.

Hey SaOk, Ibe been playing WLA for a bit now and really enjoy it. I was wondering if we could chat on steam for a bit about a few things. My names the same as on here. Thanks

Hello everyone i was wondering if anyone can help me get the Farooq's revive to work with the coop version i have tried putting it in and kind of works except when anyone respawns they are teleported to the bottom left corner of the map.  Any help would be gladly appreciated.  Thank you

Hello everyone i was wondering if anyone can help me get the Farooq's revive to work with the coop version i have tried putting it in and kind of works except when anyone respawns they are teleported to the bottom left corner of the map. Any help would be gladly appreciated. Thank you

Are you making sure the Advanced Medical (or whatever its called, that allows AI to to take more damage before being killed) is off? I don't use it but I think it has something for a revive and I'm sure would conflict with other mods that alter info like that.

Has anyone tinkered with this mission at all? Trying to improve on the Tanoa version and also figure out how to add new templates (like Iron Front or RHS)

Added in steam and replied in private mail. ;)

In COOP you could edit onplayerrespawn.sqf or was it onplayerkilled.sqf to block the teleport back to respawn island. Description.ext setting may affect too. Cant remember anything else in scripts that might be connected to that.

Switching to Unreal Engine 4 have been very refreshing. Took long time to get familiar with the editor and find performance/stability, but now it mostly just takes time to get game out (targeting test release for winter 2016). Hope to prepare some more proper videos soon.

• Like 2

Much appreciation to SaOk for all his help in familiarizing me with how to port this mission to new maps and create new templates as well. I will be posting updates to the available maps and mod templates as I finish them. SaOk plans to eventually continue working on the mission and add more and I'm not familiar with how the whole thing is set up so making fundamental changes is not a priority for me atm. My main concern is getting this beautiful mission to play on as many maps and with as many mod presets as I can.

First up is making Tanoa a little more complete. Default Tanoa lacks many resource areas (has like 5 in total outside of piers). I'm currently adding more facilities to provide resources all around the islands.

After that's complete, the next step will be to bring the Unsung mod (Vietnam War mod, HIGHLY suggest you check it out) in as a template. There is an issue with some of the helicopters right now in Unsung so the template may be completed but have to be put on hold (or I might go in and just make a temp template without the troublesome helis. Time will tell and how quickly they fix the issue). Along with the Unsung Mod template I plan on coming out with their map Da Krong being set up as well. Once these three are finished I will be trying to mess around with getting a proper WW2 mission set up with the Iron Front template (I male NO guarantees here, this might just be impossible with how WLA is written, but I WILL try!). The WW2 template will be something that takes a while so in the meantime after I've released Tanoa and finished (or released, if they fix the helis) the Unsung package I will be open for requests.

I would really like to get some ideas for factions and maps you would like to see this amazing mission on. Feel free to post the requests here and I'll see what I can do. For the time being, if you want to set up a "template" I start ARMA with just the one unit mod I want to add that way the list isn't so populated, and then work your way down your list of unit mods.time consuming, but it's satisfying seeing WLA exactly how you want it. If there's a lot of requests for a map or template while I'm working on Tanoa I'll just make a quick set up and post it.

Guidelines for requesting templates:

Please for the love of all that is sane, for mine and your sake; include either the mod authors list of names for all the units, vehicles and statics or create one yourself. It would be incredibly time consuming and counter productive if I have to do all the research for each and every faction you guys would like. Most authors of faction/unit mods include their class names list, this will speed up the time it takes to make a template ten fold. Most of the info I need will be as easy as copy pasting And placing it in the correct places. Having to go through each faction in the editor or scour the Internet to find the class lists will take up time.

Guidelines for requesting a map port:

Let's take this time to appreciate just how large scale WLA is. Know this before requesting a map. Tiny maps, small maps and even medium sized maps will feel like there's not enough room. Having facilities doesn't matter, I have created around 50 "templates" for all of them and makijg more, so there will be plenty of variety and they will fit with the scenery (won't have jungle buildings in an afghan setting). One issue with the construction is high elevation, take this into account when asking for a port as I will not offer support to fix these issues (I'm not knowledgeable enough on this setup to go diving in and changing things like that).

For example, I REALLY want Pecher as a WLA map, but it's just far too small.

There is also a guide I posted on the Coop 8 and SP versions of the workshop files that will have a nice list of mods and how to set them all up to work perfectly to play an RHS WLA. Haven't tested the COOP yet, as my Internet is now dropping packets left and right and I can't get anything onto my server (yay wasted moniez!!).

I'll be posting updates on progress and releases here in this thread.

Also, if anyone has come across bugs for the Tanoa version I'd like to know so I can work on squashing them. I haven't tested it much so I'm not sure if there are any or what they are.

• Like 3

I've noticed on Tanoa, when the mission calls for you to fight the locals it put the marker in the middle of 2 islands which calls for a long swim before you can complete it or a restart then a load of the old mission.

Strange, there should be detection  if the location is on water. But will check that when tweaking mission next time. Currently in hiatus with ArmA3.

Hi, sorry for the English - autotranslator ...

Thank you for the opportunity to explore your labors. for a long time himself engaged in the creation of scripts for Armagh, but really not much. Finally I decided to create something serious. The plans something similar to yours. In general, I took the decision to have all the necessary tasks to me. In the search to see your mission - it is bad that had not previously studied.

Glad to spend about 24 hours in the game ... I am considering a mission just as a player. In this connection, a number of questions (I was trying to find the search for the topic - I apologize if I repeat):

• Clear ? (Clearing not used armored, vehicle and other object/Garbage script) Weapons that I put> 2 km - still lying on the ground, equipment (including blank, which the crew just left ..) My PC seems to cope with the processing of the file .... but save more than 160 MB, the download from here on Half an hour and a final - crash when saving
  • Tanks and air defense that I buy via the interface manning the outpost - is lost if I go away, and .... for a while (and regardless of the time) the icon (when you hover on the icon on the map outpost) symbolize the presence of the purchased home appliances - I go there - it is not.
  • Sometimes entering the equipment (vehicle)/Get in - a character dies (freeze) and already does not his "undock" even restart ...
  • If the description of the processes where the game ...? very long I understood how to charge technique (now I use to throw off the box with a parachute). How to Repair and did not understand (except engineer) - tried to use interface "mil" - did not work ... I understand that the information in the game there - but ability to make some questions (which are in the course of the game - do not understand). At least I did not understand much in English and in the ARMA - I'm afraid that for the non-English speaking - the game simply - closed.

Thanks in advance for answers

Thanks, :) no worries I have limited english skills too.

The vehicles and other get cleaned when getting away from them. Unless those are meant to spawn back. Use savegame button in shift+1 menu to create my own savefiles. You can load those when reseting mission in scenarios menu. At mission start there is button to continue your progress. That my save-fuction resets performance. The default game savesystem is very leaky and unstable.

Guardpost AI units/vehicles/static can get destoryed during virtual battles. If I remember right, that dosent happen if playing with easy difficulty. If you mean the marked vehicle platoons on map, those might not spawn if there is other platoons nearby. There is gap for spawned state platoons. Until there is room, the platoon is waiting in reserve state.

Character getting killed when getting in is new to me. Could be some change in game update. That resets when using my savegame.

You need to build repair-module for guardpost. I think there was some hotkey that needed to be pressed while pointing at the damaged vehicle (the module also need to be next to the vehicle).

Thanks for answers.

• Clear ? (Clearing not used armored, vehicle and other object/Garbage script) Weapons that I put> 2 km - still lying on the ground, equipment (including blank, which the crew just left ..) My PC seems to cope with the processing of the file .... but save more than 160 MB, the download from here on Half an hour and a final - crash when saving

The vehicles and other get cleaned when getting away from them. Unless those are meant to spawn back. Use savegame button in shift+1 menu to create my own savefiles. You can load those when reseting mission in scenarios menu. At mission start there is button to continue your progress. That my save-fuction resets performance. The default game savesystem is very leaky and unstable.

Cleansing does not work ... Perhaps the reason I have, but I especially do not connect anything extra, SBA + RHS + WLA only.

Because cleaning - does not work - problem with the size of the mission file / load duration

While the meaning of this
hint format [ "% 1", count CARS];

:)

Tomorrow I will try to figure out what exactly the problem ... I think somewhere in the logic of error, which was manifested in connection with what the latest updates A3 ...

I tried today to sketch a check on the newly launched missions (think a particular case ...)

Actually, I see the problem in only one ... does not remove empty equipment and a great deal, because crews constantly leave it for various reasons (see. picture).

The array CARS - many takes ... see txt file RPT log. See. Image markers created by array-CARS

for "_i" from 0 to ((count CARS) - 1) do
	{
		_unitMarkerName = createMarker [_unitMarkerName, getPosATL _unit];
	};
	hint format ["%1",count CARS];

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzWhNyyCvMmrVGp1eExhdFJ5Vm8

file_with_rpt_log

I do not know what kind of need a PC that would be the end of the mission he began to slow down and load saved ~ 500-1000 mb ... :)

I will need to check that CARS issue. But remember to use the customsave-system in WLA. Save in shift+1 menu and always when wanting to continue the mission, press reset in scenarios menu instead of resume. You can load my custom save at mission start. That is a small file.

Cleansing does not work ... 

Temporarily player may do so (perhaps someone will come in handy):

The code is inserted into the debug window (ESC)
and clears all objects located outside a distance of 500 meters from the outposts (drive away the vehicle that you need to Outpost)

for "_i" from 0 to ((count CARS) - 1) do
	{
		_unit = CARS select _i;

_unit_pos = getPosATL _unit;

if( count (nearestLocations [_unit_pos, ["CampB"], 500]) == 0 &&  count (nearestLocations [_unit_pos, ["PostG"], 500]) == 0) then 
		{		

if !(group _unit in DONTDELGROUPS) then {
		if (vehicle _unit != _unit) then {_unit action ["Eject", vehicle _unit];unassignvehicle _unit; _unit action ["GetOut",vehicle _unit];};
		waituntil {sleep 3;vehicle _unit == _unit};
		_unit removeAllMPEventHandlers "mpkilled";
		_unit removeAllMPEventHandlers "mphit";
		_unit removeAllMPEventHandlers "mprespawn";
		_unit removeAllEventHandlers "FiredNear";
		_unit removeAllEventHandlers "HandleDamage";
		_unit removeAllEventHandlers "Killed";
		_unit removeAllEventHandlers "FiRed";
		_unit removeAllEventHandlers "Local";

deleteVehicle _unit;
		};

};
};	

I found another note - created AmbientReinforcements.sqf camp - not deleted ... while in the mission that I'm going through ... ~ 1/4 of the island - objects of type "tent"

hint format ["%1",count (allMissionObjects "Land_TentDome_F")];

more than 500

Hey there ^^ It´s been a long time :)

Where i can find the newest version of the mission and does it work with CUP Maps?

Hi for a long time. :) Great to see you again.

There is test version for Tanoa:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/139169-spmp-dynamic-whole-map-arma3-missions-by-saok/page-207#entry3043706

WLA mission pbo or open folder for editor:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9teb12jubx88qf/SPWholeLottaAltis.7z

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7abb2i9ghajnwmf/WholeLottaAltis.Altis.7z​

WLA Addon:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78e2wypdx0ja5p9/%40SaOk.7z

CUP maps should work if the maps have the orginal pbo names (e.g. chernarus.pbo).​

ps. I could be slower to reply since I got placed in moderator quene. Which probably cant be talked about. ;D

Mostly staying away but you can contact me also in Twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealSaOk

• Like 1

Hey SaOk, jumped back into ARMA 3 hard a couple weeks ago, finally got into WLA about 10 days ago, and it's definitely held my attention.  You've done an amazing job, that's more fun than the campaign.

I have ran into an issue.  It was suggested that maybe it was all the bases and stuff I have now, but whenever I load the game, it takes 10-15 minutes to get off of the loading screen and actually let me play.  Campaign, scenarios, multiplayer don't have this issue, nor do other Steam games.  Any suggestions how to fix this?  Thanks, keep up the amazing work.

Thanks :), its better to use my custom savegame system. You need to save in shift+1 menu using the button, or press 0-0-0. Wait until hint says the progress have been succesfully saved. Then launch the mission in scenarios menu using reset-button instead of resume. At mission start options, there is button to continue your mission progres. That also reset all performance/GUI issues and loads in few seconds. It bit more GTA style savesystem so it only bring back the overall status. 

Hey SaOk. This is my favorite mission so great job on this! I just have one question, is the steam workshop the most up to date version? 

Also my game keeps crashing to desktop when I die. There is no message or anything just CTD and then when I boot the scenario back up, it spawns me in from the same save even if I saved multiple times after that. Any cause or reason for this happening?