SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Updated mod v1.0.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey SaOk , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Just discovered this mod, this is something I was looking for, the buying menu, dynamic whole map mission, calling in support etc. Im still confused about what's exactly happening, but Im having fun.

This mod on the MSKE would be an endless fun.

My only issue so far are the keybindings for actions and such. It would be great if the actions could also be activated via ACE menu.

Kecharles38, what prompted the update?

Man I wish you guys would comment beyond just posting links to mystery updates if the author hadn't said anything. Just like CAF Aggressors. Why has this been updated???

Moderators should really be stipulating requirements for this.

Could someone post info on what each maker type does in the editor? Im trying to port the scenario to MSKE, but its rather confusing.

AFAIK:

*Runway# and AirC_# is an airfield zone,

*fac#, power#, pier# are the factiories power plants and harbors to capture (cna the markes be named pier_# and such)?

*ZoneC# are zones occupied by the enemy (can they be named ZoneC_#_#)

*EastChopStart - starting point for enemy choppers (can there be more then one?)

Things I dont know:

*help#

*BaseR game logic

*RII1 marker

*insertion1 marker

*startpoint maker

BTW: If there is manual for that then Im sorry, by google fu failed me.

That update was probably just to match WLA addon version in steam and dropbox. I forgot to update the addon there over year back (I think there was some upload problem then or was it with mission upload). Anyway big thanks withSix for hosting. :)

Could someone post info on what each maker type does in the editor? Im trying to port the scenario to MSKE, but its rather confusing.

AFAIK:

*Runway# and AirC_# is an airfield zone,

*fac#, power#, pier# are the factiories power plants and harbors to capture (cna the markes be named pier_# and such)?

*ZoneC# are zones occupied by the enemy (can they be named ZoneC_#_#)

*EastChopStart - starting point for enemy choppers (can there be more then one?)

Things I dont know:

*help#

*BaseR game logic

*RII1 marker

*insertion1 marker

*startpoint maker

BTW: If there is manual for that then Im sorry, by google fu failed me.

Hi taro8 how much of the mission did you play?  To be able to add most of things that map since it needs to have at least 2 airports, multiple docks, storage, factories, power plants you could just add them to like warehouses if they exist on that map and looks like the map is pretty spread out and it will be a bit of a nightmare to cross all that water and it might not have enough landmass.  I have played this mission both single and multiplayer on these maps: Cherno, Takistan, Napf, Altis and even on Sauerland which i lost the files when i updated to win 10.  I wish someone ported Sauerland cause that map is huge and fantastic.

Not enough landmass? AFAIK its 4, 1:1 scale, Operation flashpoint islands in a single map! Its MASSIVE. The variety is what really drives me to port WLA to MSKE. It has like 5 airports some harbors and quite a few military bases. Factories and power plants are harder to find, but some addons I have simply add whole factory and powerplant buildings to the editor for you to place.

Although the islands may be smaller now that I look at the size data. Still the map feels larger to me.

It might work if you add manually factories and power plants mind you i have not tried adding them manually to the map not sure if the scripts would recognise them.  Yeah the map will feel bigger since there is a lot of water.  What i have found out that WLA like big land map maps some work better than others.  At the moment i like playing on Napf map using the multiplayer mission and am trying to incorporate a LHD aircraft carrier as a base of operations since if it gives me option for coop.  I hope someone who is good at scripting will give you a hand.  I love this mission and its what i wanted to play in ARMA 3 in which your environment is alive.  Wish you all the best in making it happen.

Try out the Australia then, its 8 times larger then Altis :D.

Factories and such are done via map markers.

Try out the Australia then, its 8 times larger then Altis :D.

Factories and such are done via map markers.

can I add mapmarkers like that in eden ? or does it have to be done in the mission files ?

SaOk I just want to thank you for this great Scenario and Mod. It is certainly the best mission/campaign out there ... It is just a shame u wont be involved anymore. Hope the guys here can keep up with ur amazing work and continue to develop ur baby, especially the RHS exclusive version. Cant wait!

Thank you SaOk and the new members taking over WLA!

• Like 1

Is there any way of removing the starting friendly forces? I want whole map to be under the control of the CSAT.

EDIT: Where are the custom units settings saved to? I would like to edit them as i think it would be easier to do so with a notepad.

Also, I have edited the init.sqf in order to change units spawned, but when I run the scenario it still uses the default units.

Nevermind, I have found the default settings. They are in SharedFuncs2.sqf file.

Tiny WLA SP update. Space-key again works to end revive. Updated dropbox/workshop only.

For modders, change 83. line in afterloading.sqf to this (to add the same fix):

_keyDown = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "if (!isNil""SkeyIsDown"") exitWith {};SkeyIsDown = true;if (_this select 1 == 0x39) then {if (!isNil""SAOKCUT"" || {!(isNil{player getvariable ""SAwounded""})}) then {SAOKSKIPCUT = true;};missionnamespace setvariable [""SAOKTTTEE"",[]];if (cursortarget distance player < 2 && !isNil{cursortarget getvariable ""SAwounded""}) then {player setvariable [""Healing"",cursortarget];_nn = player spawn SAOKTREATING;};} else {SkeyIsDown = nil;};"];

Dev-version currently have damage-eventhandlers broken since some WIP changes (heard). Avoid using it. Not making a return but might do tiny hotfixes rarely. Planning to record some 20-30min WLA video with RHS mod since found out the ShadowPlay recently (that allows 1080p60fps gamevideos without any performance drop).
​

Edit: Added video.

Edit: Another tiny WLA SP update. Player is leading his group again.

Edit: Another small WLA SP update. Stamina can be toggled again off (and its set mostly off for AI to bring more action), hard difficutly have bit some more enemies now.

• Like 7

Tiny WLA SP update. Space-key again works to end revive. Updated dropbox/workshop only.

For modders, change 83. line in afterloading.sqf to this (to add the same fix):

_keyDown = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "if (!isNil""SkeyIsDown"") exitWith {};SkeyIsDown = true;if (_this select 1 == 0x39) then {if (!isNil""SAOKCUT"" || {!(isNil{player getvariable ""SAwounded""})}) then {SAOKSKIPCUT = true;};missionnamespace setvariable [""SAOKTTTEE"",[]];if (cursortarget distance player < 2 && !isNil{cursortarget getvariable ""SAwounded""}) then {player setvariable [""Healing"",cursortarget];_nn = player spawn SAOKTREATING;};} else {SkeyIsDown = nil;};"];

Dev-version currently have damage-eventhandlers broken since some WIP changes (heard). Avoid using it. Not making a return but might do tiny hotfixes rarely. Planning to record some 20-30min WLA video with RHS mod since found out the ShadowPlay recently (that allows 1080p60fps gamevideos without any performance drop).

​

Edit: Added video.

Edit: Another tiny WLA SP update. Player is leading his group again.

Edit: Another small WLA SP update. Stamina can be toggled again off (and its set mostly off for AI to bring more action), hard difficutly have bit some more enemies now.

Glad to see you havent given up on this entirely we appreciate it alot screw the judges in my opinion this has everything they wanted and more its their loss, but enough of that thanks for not giving up on it like I said we all appreciate your work ( all of us that play it maybe someday hopefully you will return just maybe it is possible I mean none of us can read the future )

• Like 3

Getting some startup errors about missing addons on the newly released v1.60.

A3_Soft_F_Truck, A3_Soft_F_MRAP_03, etc..

I fixed it by editing out those addons in mission.sqm and then exporting to singleplayer.  

SaOk gave his permission to modify and reupload:

Its ok to publish modified versions of WLA. Also I pull back my earlier the prohibition to include Apex content. You can freely make conversion for Tanoa and use the expansion content. Anyway​ that ban was only punishing players

Hi, :) yes its allowed to do separate modified versions. Some hassle going on?

Are these updates only on the single player version? Looking to run this for MP on a dedicated server.

COOP require much more work, so its currently unlike to get updates. I prefer to play SP and could instantly make changes in scripts when spotting bugs. Will do small updates only when taking time off to play some arma3. The more exciting updates the ArmA3 gets, the more I will play it. If they would optimize pathfinding in urban areas that seem to have still heavy performance drops, then would make even bigger changes. Seems like the amount of AI game can handle is stil quite the same, even the performance in empty towns are getting better. Should try 1.61dev next since heard it might have much better performance than 1.60

• Like 2

Released Alpha of WLT: Amalgamation for SP. You need to enable apex_sneak_preview to play. Also may need to enable WLA addons old way as parameter in launcher. Had it enabled in mod-section but didnt work then. WLT is having separate pbo since planning (if finding time) to change tasks and other stuff for this Tanoa edition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pffiouyj530x33a/WholeLottaTanoa.7z?dl=0

The required WLA addon:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78e2wypdx0ja5p9/%40SaOk.7z​

or

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=422592108​(not sure if working as got the launcher issue with apex_sneak_preview)

• Like 7

So can anyone(/has anyone already) make a quick quide on how to make WLA compatible with new maps and use units from mods?

Released Alpha of WLT: Amalgamation for SP. You need to enable apex_sneak_preview to play. Also may need to enable WLA addons old way as parameter in launcher. Had it enabled in mod-section but didnt work then. WLT is having separate pbo since planning (if finding time) to change tasks and other stuff for this Tanoa edition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pffiouyj530x33a/WholeLottaTanoa.7z?dl=0

The required WLA addon:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78e2wypdx0ja5p9/%40SaOk.7z​

or

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=422592108​(not sure if working as got the launcher issue with apex_sneak_preview)

awesome!

Updated the WLT: Amalgamation SP (link above). Strategic and camp locations are now placed to proper locations. Camps have object 3d editor templates used. More corrections to make new units appear. And other tweaks.

• Like 4