SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

SaOk could as you are not continuing could you at least provide a description what the major sqf does. I already changed alot of things but to find what i need takes quit a lot of time.

A general guidline would be nice but could you answer the following questions:

Which file do i need to change to get RHS or other mods equipment into an support ammobox paradropped?

I would also like to erase all vanilla vehicles and weapons from the game, where are they located?

Some ingame menus are not affected by the mods, which are they and where can i find them?

I would like to play WLA on Helvantis as well? Which files do i need to change to realize that?

Please dont abandon the community.

Am I missing something for the multiplayer version? I save the progress My friends and I make and when I go to start it up the next time it wont load up the old game and restarts a new one. The parameter for using the last save game if present is Enabled. Am I missing something??

Could be that something have changed in game or the server is cleaning its profilenamespace (was it called that?). If that way to save data is done in MP, then would need to remake whole system using the 3rd party addons.

Have had so long pause with scripting already that forgetting much where each code is. Not sure if ammoboxes were listed in init.sqf variable or in support.sqf. Vanilla vehicle and especially weapons are not listed, those are taken from config. There is no way to block default weapons than disabling random weapons option if using RHS or Iron Front template. Or you could clean the weaponclassname array (and other gear arrays) after the config is checked. So make array of default weapons and then foreach the arrays and removeAt index. I think that code was in allweapons.sqf. Afterloading.sqf creates custom keys to load dialogs. Dont remember where map data was, you can find those By searching chernarus. You can add the need data with copymappos.sqf set as action and copying the data to right arrays. See that [ and ] are right. You need to use worldname command to get right string for map id.

But sorry cant help much, I dont have notepad++ installed since didnt got it working on win10 last time. Need to focus all brainpower and effort on UE4 (just got rid of crash issues and FPS is getting very smooth. Can continue work on game consept while also improving other features and expanding map details). The WLA scripts can be chaotic but there is no much other way than keep getting familiar with those very slowly or make mission from scrach. That project was 4 years of learing, it looks very messy even code should work good (except growing bugs from game changes). Would keep the code much more organized if would have started working on it only today.

But sorry, I will not make content for arma anymore unless making some hotfixes some day. Probably still spinning around playing other community work time to time. Currently playing excelent Dying Ember and should continue Antistasi Altis too. Also looking forward to play Resist through.

• Like 1

I've tested my code change for several hours and hundreds of paradropped units now. It definitely works now. Never saw them falling to ground again.

I'm available should someone have my very same problem...

Cheers,

JD

Could be that something have changed in game or the server is cleaning its profilenamespace (was it called that?). If that way to save data is done in MP, then would need to remake whole system using the 3rd party addons.

Have had so long pause with scripting already that forgetting much where each code is. Not sure if ammoboxes were listed in init.sqf variable or in support.sqf. Vanilla vehicle and especially weapons are not listed, those are taken from config. There is no way to block default weapons than disabling random weapons option if using RHS or Iron Front template. Or you could clean the weaponclassname array (and other gear arrays) after the config is checked. So make array of default weapons and then foreach the arrays and removeAt index. I think that code was in allweapons.sqf. Afterloading.sqf creates custom keys to load dialogs. Dont remember where map data was, you can find those By searching chernarus. You can add the need data with copymappos.sqf set as action and copying the data to right arrays. See that [ and ] are right. You need to use worldname command to get right string for map id.

But sorry cant help much, I dont have notepad++ installed since didnt got it working on win10 last time. Need to focus all brainpower and effort on UE4 (just got rid of crash issues and FPS is getting very smooth. Can continue work on game consept while also improving other features and expanding map details). The WLA scripts can be chaotic but there is no much other way than keep getting familiar with those very slowly or make mission from scrach. That project was 4 years of learing, it looks very messy even code should work good (except growing bugs from game changes). Would keep the code much more organized if would have started working on it only today.

But sorry, I will not make content for arma anymore unless making some hotfixes some day. Probably still spinning around playing other community work time to time. Currently playing excelent Dying Ember and should continue Antistasi Altis too. Also looking forward to play Resist through.

Goodluck with your Unreal Engine project ! Been looking at the free UE4 package and that is some cool stuff going on :)

Just so I'm clear in the future, you don't want any modified versions of WLA published in the future ? What about any fixes I may come up with that I apply to my own private copy, OK to publish the fix code here ?

One last thing the UI problem cleared up after I updated to a new monitor with bigger resolution so now I can see all of the UI info in the top left.

Thanks :) yes there is much example content that can also be used in own games. Very easy to get started since there is so much tutorials and active community. Constantly googling to find new tips. Only needs to time to get familiar with the editor and basic vector math is often needed. Then just effort and patience. Basically I have been figting with crash and performance issues last 7-8 months. :D But looking very good now.

Its ok to publish modified versions of WLA. Also I pull back my earlier the prohibition to include Apex content. You can freely make conversion for Tanoa and use the expansion content. Anyway​ that ban was only punishing players

• Like 6

Its ok to publish modified versions of WLA. Also I pull back my earlier the prohibition to include Apex content. You can freely make conversion for Tanoa and use the expansion content. Anyway​ that ban was only punishing players

That's great to hear Saok!  On my own i've been poking at the code and making it fully RHS 0.4.0.1 compatible, ported it to other islands, squashing some minor bugs and adding features I like.  Your code can be messy in places and I see some stuff from Arma2 floating around but I can see how much work was put into this and really appreciate you giving to the fans and the community.  

That's great to hear Saok! On my own i've been poking at the code and making it fully RHS 0.4.0.1 compatible, ported it to other islands, squashing some minor bugs and adding features I like. Your code can be messy in places and I see some stuff from Arma2 floating around but I can see how much work was put into this and really appreciate you giving to the fans and the community.

Have you fixed the tasks issue? Apparently the missions just stop appearing on the map after awhile.

Since he removed the license (thanks SaOK!) are you planning to release this?

Have you fixed the tasks issue? Apparently the missions just stop appearing on the map after awhile.

Since he removed the license (thanks SaOK!) are you planning to release this?

Maybe after Tanoa so I can port that and see whatever new vehicles there are.

I've seen the tasks issue, not working on that.  I'm poking more at the mod compatibility stuff.

Its ok to publish modified versions of WLA. Also I pull back my earlier the prohibition to include Apex content. You can freely make conversion for Tanoa and use the expansion content. Anyway​ that ban was only punishing players

Finally!!! You made my day. SaOk thank you very much for that. do i understand you correctly, you wont come back modding WLA but you allow others to develop the project further, am i right?

That's great to hear Saok!  On my own i've been poking at the code and making it fully RHS 0.4.0.1 compatible, ported it to other islands, squashing some minor bugs and adding features I like.  Your code can be messy in places and I see some stuff from Arma2 floating around but I can see how much work was put into this and really appreciate you giving to the fans and the community.  

Hey Robot! This is exactly what i wanted to do but i do not have the skills for it. Could share your files with us some how?

Hi! I only just discovered this beauty of a mission existed yesterday, and me and my buddy have co-oped the hell out of it since then  :)  Absolutely outstanding work - However we do have some personal nitpicks that I was curious about if it's possible for us to edit and alter ourselves.

Basically what two things I'm wondering about is: Is it possible to disable the parachute respawning and instead respawn on the ground? And also is it possible to disable the prestige points thing and/or have unlimited prestige as an option? Which sqf files would I alter to achieve this, and what would I write to make it so? Newbie at scripting and I barely know anything at all so that's why I'm asking full out what I'd need to do to do this. Thanks!

Hi! I only just discovered this beauty of a mission existed yesterday, and me and my buddy have co-oped the hell out of it since then  :)  Absolutely outstanding work - However we do have some personal nitpicks that I was curious about if it's possible for us to edit and alter ourselves.

Basically what two things I'm wondering about is: Is it possible to disable the parachute respawning and instead respawn on the ground? And also is it possible to disable the prestige points thing and/or have unlimited prestige as an option? Which sqf files would I alter to achieve this, and what would I write to make it so? Newbie at scripting and I barely know anything at all so that's why I'm asking full out what I'd need to do to do this. Thanks!

There's a lot of setttings in the menu's (SHIFT-1) that take a while to discover so you don't necessarily have to edit script files. Have not got the game in front of me here, but I always respawn nearby or at an outpost. It's only purchased soldiers/vehicles that paracute in. Also reinforcements (set by default to on, but settable in WLA menu) arrive either by boat or dropped by heli. There's also a "cheat mode" similiar to what you are describing that is selectable in the WLA setup menu when you start it for the very first time.

There's a lot of setttings in the menu's (SHIFT-1) that take a while to discover so you don't necessarily have to edit script files. Have not got the game in front of me here, but I always respawn nearby or at an outpost. It's only purchased soldiers/vehicles that paracute in. Also reinforcements (set by default to on, but settable in WLA menu) arrive either by boat or dropped by heli. There's also a "cheat mode" similiar to what you are describing that is selectable in the WLA setup menu when you start it for the very first time.

Yeah Im aware of the Settings menu  :)  I can change the Insertion mode between two options but no matter what it still puts me in a parachute 5 seconds after I spawn on the ground. I take it the "Debug mode" is more or less "cheat mode" then? 

If WLA uses BIS_fnc_setTask please confirm, tasks of my missions are bugged too, specially in JIP, and I think those functions got broken (again)

Hi SaOk,

Just a big thank you for making this mission. Being a singleplayer-only fan, It has offered me countless hours of fun. It is sad to see you go after offering so much to this community. :(

Since you withdrawn your prohibition of future development, it would be nice if someone could carry on this masterpiece and add to it.

Personally, I would love to do that but I have little to no experience in scripting and my attempts to learn have hit a brick wall due to having so little time to spend on it.

It would be fantastic news, not just for me but for everyone who loves WLA if any of you talented folks in scripting could carry on from where SaOk left.

Personally, I would like to contribute in such an effort by offering to polish all of the dialogs in-game with proper grammar/syntax since they are still WIP.

If anyone is interested you can add me in steam (y0urkill3r) and we can make this happen.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hey all, I too am poking around with the code. Would you guys want to form a group of some sort so that we have more eyes, brains and hands working to get this up and running again?

SaOk made an amazing mission through all the work he has put in. It is a shame that you don't want to continue anymore as the community certainly loves what you have done.

Though if you are opt to passing the torch, I and others would love to hub around and see what we can do to make this work again. Especially now that Arma 3 will likely have major updates in the coming months...

Add me via Steam: Grittenoir

Nice. :D 

The group idea sounds great and you can count me in. I already added you and we can discuss about it whenever you are available. 

May I ask you to be included in the group? I'm quite new with Arma 3 coding but I've had my share of coding in past and I'm quite interested in modifying WLA...

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

Hey Jerrydrake,

Sure thing, just let us know what your username is so that we can add you tomorrow :)

Ok thanks. My name on Steam is "Jerry Drake". I'm the one from Gothenburg, Sweden.

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

Wrote a topic with some questions: Found the answers already.

gearsupport.sqf - here you can exchange the classnames of the vanilla gearboxes with RHS gearboxes, unfortunatly i did not figure out how to implement a custom gearbox. The RHS ones are huge.

StartDialog.sqf - If you change the RHS UCP unifoms to for instance MARPAT uniforms your soldiers use them from start. I also added a backback, cause the loadouts are always out of ammo.

SaOK:

Can you say where the scripts for static launchers are. In the build menu are still the vanilla ones and i would like to change them to RHS.

And where and how can i adjust the colors of the screen fonts. This strange orange hurts my eyes.

Thank you

Cheers

Skanda

StartDialog.sqf - If you change the RHS UCP unifoms to for instance MARPAT uniforms your soldiers use them from start. I also added a backback, cause the loadouts are always out of ammo.

Skanda, by adding the backpack does this cause them not to yell "out of ammo" any longer?  I always thought it was because they don't spawn with any pistol ammo.

Some times it does but sometimes not. I thought to give them a backpack prevents scripted gear from beeing sorted out by not having sufficient room for it. Sometimes when you add gear to AI some mags are left out, dont know what the problem is exactly. I think its when you fill the backbacks or unifoms completely full.

I use the loadout transfer mod to get rid of this problem. Whenever i call for suppies, i call in the cargo net box, this is actually empty but you can enter the loadout transfer there and swap loadouts to your teammates. I saved all custom loadouts and give the loadouts to the soldiers whatever class they represent.

Not that realistic but im presuming that they send just the gear my men are carrying. :)

And here are the answers to questions I had:

GUIcode.sqf: changes the colors of the screen fonts

To find the proper color you would like to have i could recommend this tool: http://www.hexcolortool.com/#688d9c,0.5

I choose to use the same color like i use for ARMA 3 GUI in general. this tool fits exactly to what kind of mix arma uses. RGBA, Red Green Blue and Alpha.

For all of you who are interested in developing WLA further wouldnt you like to start an own forum topic where we can exchange all files? Or does anybody has a another idea where we can exchange our versions of WLA? I would really appreciate that alot.

I already made a chernarus rhs version (just woodland camo on all soldiers and vehicles, and appropriate civilians and civilian cars). I think this could really be worth sharing.

And i also would like to play your versions maybe on different maps or with different mods.

If you would like to talk about you can add me on steam: Kartikeya

I see lots of people talking of updating editing and adding to this idea but can't find anything that I can get my

grubby mitts on to play with, does anything exist yet or are they still in planning?