SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

GUI should scale to work with any ratio and res, but I could have forgot some bug in that. Will release the first tweak update in very near day. Superb melee anim pack in UE4 arrived in very bad time. Should be able to finish one big task during tomorrow and then heading again to arma editor.

• Like 2

SaOk I want to report a nasty bug.

On the Fallujah map, the beginning camera shot where you select the settings is outside the map, which means you will get that nasty memory error. If you moved the camera inside the map, it should take care of that issue.

You can still play Fallujah if you very quickly pick a spot on the map and click Begin.

This was tested on vanilla Arma with AnA:TP and Fallujah 1.2.

Update

Never mind, I get it randomly while playing. I am guessing it has to do with others units leaving the map.

The start cinema follow the Altis coordinates so it will be very off with many maps.

Looks like the AI teammembers are leaving again much behind. BIS is so aware of their game that it hurts. I dont get why they dont even care to have basic mechanics working in SP sandbox playing. That leaving behind issue have been blinking between noticeable and insane from arma2 days. Been reporting it like 20 times, even made a simple repro. They still had big sandbox mission plans for ArmA2 then the sandbox changed the meaning to nothing in their useless blogs.

Edit: Uploaded the #1 WLA tweak update. D​ropbox links only for now. More tweaks in near days, didnt get much include in this first update.

• Like 1

The CSAT Camps still empty. No Enemys or Camps on this positions. Testet in Tarkistan and Isla Dula. Please fix this.

Isla:

arma32015-11-0320-28-7fyw9.jpg

SaOk, thanks for giving us one last series of updates. I downloaded the latest PBO but was wondering...

Will this last batch of fixes address the side mission markers disappearing or did the most recent patch address that? I played for a bit tonight but don't want to get too far on my current save until I know one way or the other. Would you mind clarifying what fixes you're trying to squeeze in?

Anyway, thanks for the last hurrah on this. WLA is special and I'm thrilled you're giving us a final batch of fixes.

The custom map issue wasnt yet tweaked, also those side missions are still to be done. I will try to include those for next update. Sorry for the slowness, but the tweaks are coming. Have had busy times and the arma edit is quite slow to use. Notepad++ had "search from files"-function which was essential.

• Like 1

I just had this weird bug where the Y button would simply move objects around. When I tried to loot a vehicle it just jerked around and killed me.

This is concerning for long term saves as I wasn't able to find a solution and had to create a new save. Was this just something that could have been solved by remapping keys in the game files?

I just had this weird bug where the Y button would simply move objects around. When I tried to loot a vehicle it just jerked around and killed me.

This is concerning for long term saves as I wasn't able to find a solution and had to create a new save. Was this just something that could have been solved by remapping keys in the game files?

Are you using custom saves or vanilla saves?

The custom map issue wasnt yet tweaked, also those side missions are still to be done. I will try to include those for next update. Sorry for the slowness, but the tweaks are coming. Have had busy times and the arma edit is quite slow to use. Notepad++ had "search from files"-function which was essential.

i hope im able to make road blocks and Camps next Update ( was thinking for making a Camp you could add the object a Flag under Special objects and cost could be like 5k for a camp as for howe to do the roadblock im at a stump on that one xD )

I hope you will come back soon SaoK!

So, good luck for your new game with UE4, I hope to test very soon :P

• Like 1

Are you using custom saves or vanilla saves?

I'm saving with the radio if that's what you're asking, 0-0-0.

Sorry, there have been many kind of hassle slowing the progress. Most likely releasing many tiny updates up to Xmas. But checking the custom map issue for next release.

But I hope you dont wait too big additions. I am really leaving. Not enjoying the arma editing/playing at all anymore, but want to get rid of the worst bugs.

• Like 1

Btw. its now near 5 months since one kind BIS member promised to gather and send feedback of WLA. Or at least send his own thoughts of the mission. Thats the way BIS cares. My near 10 year commitment for them have been nicely rewarded during this year. I can already smell what they will not give next.

Updated WLA SP in dropbox. The camps should appear correctly again in custom maps (tested in Takistan and worked now good).​ More small updates soon.

• Like 2

Thanks Saok, now it works.

In the "Fight with Locals" Mission the Enemys spawn endless, when i play the 1. Time(after reload a Savegame or start new Game, all is normal) a new Map. Testet on Tarkistan and Isla Dula.

Will check that soon, there should be limit for the spawn loop. Just doing first test with new comp (i7-5820K and 32Gt DDR4-2400...). Should get more boost for the UE4 editor. :)

I ran through almost all supported maps, then created some more. Gotta say, WholeLottaEsseker is incredible! Still my fo-to-guy for some reliable SP fun.

Thanks for all your work (and help) over the years!

• Like 1

Thanks to you, :) should try play on some mod maps too. Finally could start playing more what other community have created and try small COOP parties. Was too focused to be in editor myself all the time, but that is very near over now. Great to see you working on the stealth behaviour framework. I think the best AI stuff in games are just around the stealth mechanics. Orginally WLA was meant to be more stealth too but lost the control. ;) Interesting to see how/if dx12 will allow better shadows and lighting in arma. Suggested shadow location detecting commands in arma2 already and Dwarden got interested too. I think they are maybe planning to add those at some point if it comes possible.

Interesting to see how/if dx12 will allow better shadows and lighting in arma. Suggested shadow location detecting commands in arma2 already and Dwarden got interested too. I think they are maybe planning to add those at some point if it comes possible.

no. friggin. way…………….. GOOD LORD! :D

Intro keeps looping, why?

EDIT: got past it by pressing the camera button then exiting it, now i'm wondering how to open the WLA menu because SHIFT+1 does nothing.

Make sure you have latest arma3 build by verifying game files in steam (right click arma3 -> properties -> few pages left). Also that you have the WLA addon installed. That issue would sound like some script commands are not working. It shouldnt normally stuck like that.

Sorry COOP is most likely not getting more updates. Will try to get some more small tweaks/fixes soon for SP version and then keeping focus on UE4. Its up to BIS if I will return or not. So probably not. Got finally some very light feedback from COOP version that BIS still think is the main build (its like they havent never heard of SP side of the game or mission). And of course game crashes and players stucking to lobby was my fault. They had some good points too (COOP is of course very alpha but dont get why potential dont matter over polished poo). And come one why cant they just check the SP version properly? Takes only some hours. They just dont like to play their own game at all or understand it much. AI is stucking again to combat mode which can be seen in few minutes when playing the game in SP, but they havent reacted to that issue since arma2 days. Its coincidence if its sometimes better or worse after their game updates. Everything isnt PvP on empty map.