SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Very strange (your settings are near the same so something hides the GUI), but will do longer testing sessions but mod conflict is possible too. Already fixed the radar par that went sometimes over the up par. Also quick dialog text. Got stucked in wounded mode which I need to repair next. Jumping between the UE4 (just resetuped near 1000 anims during over 4hours  :D ) and arma3, probably will release the tweaks in multiple updates since arma edit is just slow to work with.

Wait. Are you saying you fixed the side mission markers becoming broken/invisible?

If so...I can't thank you enough.

The damagehandling that is used for civ thrown stuff conflict with the fireplaces. Couldnt solve it around year back but may recheck it. The carrier platoons are maybe my favorite feature. Could make chinooks to be used for that in blufor side. Its quite complex feature, but hope to make AI to use it at least. Reading all feedback through even not always replying. Checking the OSD good, there is some bugs still even mostly it should work.

hi,

this mod sounds very interesting and i tried to play it in the last 2 days, there are lot of informations ingame on how to play, but maybe i m just to stupid to find how to config the server or it doesnt exit. So i have some questions (maybe just a link to an existing guide would be enough)

How can i change the server settings, what should i do first after spawn and why cost a medium tank the same like an unarmed truck? (about 150), would it be better to play a small map (stratis) at the beginning.

Its my first server i started just for me and 1 or 2 friends, i dont even know how to get admin permissions, i run it with  TADST  (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11655)

greetings and sorry for my english

Man after spending like the last 4 months on my own CQB mission, its a nice breath of fresh air to just dive into a nice open ended dynamic mission like this. Sounds like your knee deep in zombie fun on the UE4 which looks really fun, cant wait to try that out.

Couple things as far as Prestige system -have you thought about adding more bonuses as in kills, quality of kills, headshots, shots fired to kill ratio to add or penalize player's prestige. Maybe Im wrong but it seems like the prestige system is geared soley on time and captured zones and havent noticed any increase when finishing a task or killing high valued target like armor. Might make the dynamic aspect more interesting and how do you feel about medals? (yes my fragile ego needs stroking).

Also, I seem to have free access to ordering other closeby HC groups at no cost which makes missions maybe too easy -why not make that a hefty cost? Upon dying I see you get a huge reinforcement package, I play as small SF quad but on respawn I have 11 guys regular army with no Prestige hit. Maybe a penalty is due here and not as large a reinforcement package?

Hey SaOk.

I m playing as Undercover.(started as undercover also) /SP version Altis

I m saving via mission options (Shift+1)

If i load the game via normal ArmA load options..i m losing precious menu's (territory/relation info) BUT..everything i own (veh. cargo or modified weapons included) remains

BUT..

if i load via Restart game->Continue previous save (in-mission option)..

i have ALL appropriate menu's/prestige/captured areas..but i lose all saved property (gear/cargo vehicles/modified guns.)

It's really hard sometimes  :/

*added*

..and for strange reason I cant get rid of *occasional team members (an engineer for a quick repair..)sending them to HC because all options are grayed out :/

btw..the player maybe should have the ability to repair with a repair kit to some degree %   :/

Hey SaOk.

I m playing as Undercover.(started as undercover also) /SP version Altis

I m saving via mission options (Shift+1)

If i load the game via normal ArmA load options..i m losing precious menu's (territory/relation info) BUT..everything i own (veh. cargo or modified weapons included) remains

BUT..

if i load via Restart game->Continue previous save (in-mission option)..

i have ALL appropriate menu's/prestige/captured areas..but i lose all saved property (gear/cargo vehicles/modified guns.)

It's really hard sometimes  :/

*added*

..and for strange reason I cant get rid of *occasional team members (an engineer for a quick repair..)sending them to HC because all options are grayed out :/

btw..the player maybe should have the ability to repair with a repair kit to some degree %   :/

the gear is saved if you use the gear storage feature as for the vehicles they should stay if you got in them at least once. ( it stays for me :/ )

as for the HC never bother with it x.x

and as for the added part i agree with the repair thing 

@darkking810

ehm...*Gear storage feature?..i must be blind (although my eyes are really in bad shape)I think i ve examined sufficiently the menu's..but i m not sure i 've seen something like that :confused:

Well...currently as undercover i took the 95% of Altis in 3 days -and i haven't even started the 1st part of *main mission :D

*added*

btw SaOk again i ll congratulate you for your efficiency.

In this mission are running countless checks/scripts/lots of AI and ambient life + (plus) the other external mods

i m running (ASR_AI included)

but the performance stays on friggin' pretty acceptable rates on my kinda crapy system.

Seriously "Hats off man"!    :pc:

Ok so I just deactivated all of my mods and the text (the Prestige OSD) is still cut off. I just don't get it. Everything else looks fine.

Perhaps the Steam version of WLA/WLA Add-On is bugged?

I checked my video settings and all seems fine there. 1920x1080, Fullscreen, 16:9 Wide. My Interface size is set to large but making it smaller didn't help.

I literally only have WLA and WLA Add On activated right now. This is very weird.

Also, does anyone know offhand the criteria and steps for competing the civilian water barrel task?

I talked to a random civilian and he said they needed some water. How do I find or make the water to deliver to his people?

I'm assuming I need to build it with the construction truck. But it's not showing up.

Also, does anyone know offhand the criteria and steps for competing the civilian water barrel task?

I talked to a random civilian and he said they needed some water. How do I find or make the water to deliver to his people?

I'm assuming I need to build it with the construction truck. But it's not showing up.

You can create Water Barrels on Airports, press Shift+1 and go for the button where you can buy Vehicles for this Airport. In the first tab which shows up you can buy a Water Barrel. Then head with a truck to this barrel. When you standing infront of the Barrel press Shift+9 to load this Barrel into the Truck and deliver it to the desired area.

• Like 1

You can create Water Barrels on Airports, press Shift+1 and go for the button where you can buy Vehicles for this Airport. In the first tab which shows up you can buy a Water Barrel. Then head with a truck to this barrel. When you standing infront of the Barrel press Shift+9 to load this Barrel into the Truck and deliver it to the desired area.

I was actually at an airport when I got the task. It was friendly and only occupied by civilians. So all I needed to do was call in a construction vehicle? The in-game instructions that popped up on screen said something about having to be at an owned outpost or property.

This actually leads me to another question about WLA in generally. Normally when I play this I just do the side missions. This time I'm going to try to take over the map. When I get to an enemy airport/outpost/etc, to take it over, do I need to do anything special other than killing all the enemies in the area? For example, do I need to fortify it or destroy anything in particular?

The only thing I currently know how to "take over" are radio towers because the game clearly tells me to blow them up. :) Everything else I really have no clue.

@HeroesandvillainsOS

Btw you can buy a water barrel from a "friendly post" (whatever is closest to you i guess)

Anyways..it's clearly "your call" whenever you want to do the "errand missions" to gain some "prestige points"

and build better relations with the locals.

I did some of them in the beginning..and after that i was using "Bribing" to save time-because i already had enough Prestige points

to sustain..

I got almost all Altis only by using Undercover+bribe+Air Support (all three).

Yes ..all enemy outposts involved some discreet CQB

If Airport is occupied by Enemy you need to kill them all in this Area. If not occupied you need to on this position where the markers are on the Map. If you are in correct place on the left side of your Screen the OSD will show up the usual Shift+1 message to create some Buildings&Vehicles. So create a Truck, then a building (Big Military Tower for example) and 2 static guns. This will make the Airport yours when your Relationship to the Civilians is good in this Area. If not, Bribe those worms ^^

• Like 1

@darkking810

ehm...*Gear storage feature?..i must be blind (although my eyes are really in bad shape)I think i ve examined sufficiently the menu's..but i m not sure i 've seen something like that :confused:

Well...currently as undercover i took the 95% of Altis in 3 days -and i haven't even started the 1st part of *main mission :D

*added*

btw SaOk again i ll congratulate you for your efficiency.

In this mission are running countless checks/scripts/lots of AI and ambient life + (plus) the other external mods

i m running (ASR_AI included)

but the performance stays on friggin' pretty acceptable rates on my kinda crapy system.

Seriously "Hats off man"!    :pc:

yea the Gear Storage counts as a Special storage Press Shift + c Near Con. Truck and go to specials then build gear storage and there you go now press Shift + 1 and customize your gear from there you can do so for your other member's aswell

Ok so I just deactivated all of my mods and the text (the Prestige OSD) is still cut off. I just don't get it. Everything else looks fine.

Perhaps the Steam version of WLA/WLA Add-On is bugged?

I checked my video settings and all seems fine there. 1920x1080, Fullscreen, 16:9 Wide. My Interface size is set to large but making it smaller didn't help.

I literally only have WLA and WLA Add On activated right now. This is very weird.

weird i use steam version and it works fine for me

@darkking810

(about Gear storage)

Crap..i knew i ve seen this building almost a year ago-but on my latest play i haven't used ANY building features (except occasional guard towers)

I literally got the tour of all Altis inside a van these 3 days.

I should check if i can "randomly" just build 1 and see if it works without the need to *Physically access it.  :/

If Airport is occupied by Enemy you need to kill them all in this Area. If not occupied you need to on this position where the markers are on the Map. If you are in correct place on the left side of your Screen the OSD will show up the usual Shift+1 message to create some Buildings&Vehicles. So create a Truck, then a building (Big Military Tower for example) and 2 static guns. This will make the Airport yours when your Relationship to the Civilians is good in this Area. If not, Bribe those worms ^^

This is very helpful. Thanks.

Just to be clear, tonight when I reload I'm going to spawn next to an airport that has no enemies on it at all.

So if I want to "take it," I need to call in a constriction truck, place a building and some static guns and that's it?

Or is there really nothing to "take" because there's no enemies there? Should I take the airport even if it's not occupied? How do I know if the civilians like me enough for me to take it over?

@So if I want to "take it," I need to call in a constriction truck, place a building and some static guns and that's it?

Yes..but the "way to go" is always have civilians at "Friendly" status

@How do I know if the civilians like me enough for me to take it over?

Almost bottom left on your screen you should have information on the location status.If not..you can check the map.

All inhabited areas have a "distinct color cloud around them" (if you zoom and focus enough).GREEN is the color you always want to see..else..bribe or  run errands :)

• Like 1

@So if I want to "take it," I need to call in a constriction truck, place a building and some static guns and that's it?

Yes..but the "way to go" is always have civilians at "Friendly" status

@How do I know if the civilians like me enough for me to take it over?

Almost bottom left on your screen you should have information on the location status.If not..you can check the map.

All inhabited areas have a "distinct color cloud around them" (if you zoom and focus enough).GREEN is the color you always want to see..else..bribe or  run errands :)

Yep! It's green! That sucker is mine. :)

Thanks.

< i is rich :o

6FGH4NU.jpg

btw even though it says Shift + U for toggle of 3d icons when i click it nothing seems to happen :/

• Like 1

< i is rich :o6FGH4NU.jpg

btw even though it says Shift + U for toggle of 3d icons when i click it nothing seems to happen :/

Haha! That's awesome. How did you make that happen?

@SaOk

I believe some posts ago you said something like "adding support for more resolutions"? 

If it isn't 2 much trouble (like 2 lines of code) can you do something about 5:4?

The max resolution i got is 1280x1024. (19'' monitor)

Again..if "isn't too much trouble"    :/

Haha! That's awesome. How did you make that happen?

using zeus to play around i have this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410206202

mod enabled at times to find bugs

when you have zeus turned on go to the empty category and go down to Objects (small) and go down to pile of money and there ya go just dont go crazy with it cause it will lag you if you spawn too much

• Like 1

@SaOk

I believe some posts ago you said something like "adding support for more resolutions"? 

If it isn't 2 much trouble (like 2 lines of code) can you do something about 5:4?

The max resolution i got is 1280x1024. (19'' monitor)

Again..if "isn't too much trouble"    :/

Hmm, why u cant adjust a higher resolution on the options? Of course you need to adjust the ScreenRatio for your resolution

Hmm, why u cant adjust a higher resolution on the options? Of course you need to adjust the ScreenRatio for your resolution

ehm sorry ..what do u mean?

My MAX resolution for my 5:4 (19") is 1280x1024 :D

*added*

Of course i m asking for support for better GUI compatibility

Most of the custom windows are missing characters ..or just being 2 small to read without a Microscope :D

Of course i understand most people have Wide screen setups hence all missions with "custom windows" causing

me trouble.

I know i should have a Wide screen myself already...but dreams had sank long time ago so..again i m asking

for support ONLY if isn't involved too much effort  ;)