SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Sure here, use it like script.

_f = diag_fps;
_text = format ["Units %1 Groups %2 DeadUnits %3 Vehicles %4 FPS %5 CIVLIANS %6 EAST %7 WEST %8 OBJECTS %9 ENTITES %10",count Allunits, count allgroups, count alldeadmen, count vehicles,diag_fps, {side _x == CIVILIAN} count allunits, {side _x == EAST} count allunits, {side _x == WEST} count allunits,count allMissionObjects "All",count entities "All"];
hint _text;

I will try to fix much these issues for next update. Bit late since got excited of new zombie anims. Had drooled after them for 3 months and finally those were -50% (and working properly with ue4). Here is latest zombie pics even looking better in motion:

http://imgur.com/a/KtsLW

Starting to get more and more ideas for the project and its getting closer and closer to WLA as structure (not in military way). :) btw. that GUI will get remade.

Hi everyone. Sorry if this is a known issue with a common workaround but last night I subscribed to WLA and WLA Add On on Steam. Everything seems to be going fine except when I die.

As soon as I get killed and the screen goes white (where I have my respawn menu), no matter what I press the screen stays white. In one instance I could hear that I had actually respawned and was able to move around, but the screen was still white.

The only solution I could come up with was simply reloading my save. But that doesn't seem like an ideal solution because that would essentially mean I'd never die during a whole play through.

Is this a known issue or has anyone heard of this before?

Hi, I will look into that too for the soonish bug update, unless its some mod conflict. But something similar happened once for me too.

Hi, I will look into that too for the soonish bug update, unless its some mod conflict. But something similar happened once for me too.

For mods I'm using Shacktack's UI, Laxemann's Soundscape, and ASR AI and CBA.

I'll try disabling the add-ons and going vanilla WLA to see if that was the cause.

Sorry to go OT SaOk, but is there a guide that I can reference? I'm not really understanding how to do a lot of the more basic things (the ones that aren't listed in your pause menu guide).

For instance, I know you can build bases, shout at enemies to have them surrender and control friendly units from the map, but I'm not exactly sure how to do these and the more advanced things.

For whatever reason, my H key isn't pulling up the tutorial prompts. I'm wondering if this is a bug or a mod conflict too? I have no problems with hints using these exact same mods with the vanilla SP campaign so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Thanks for the reply SoAk. You have quite a mod on your hands here and even though you're not really supporting it fully any more (I read your explanation on Steam and I support you), I just want to say thanks. This is what the SP campaign should have been.

• Like 1

For mods I'm using Shacktack's UI, Laxemann's Soundscape, and ASR AI and CBA.

I'll try disabling the add-ons and going vanilla WLA to see if that was the cause.

Sorry to go OT SaOk, but is there a guide that I can reference? I'm not really understanding how to do a lot of the more basic things (the ones that aren't listed in your pause menu guide).

For instance, I know you can build bases, shout at enemies to have them surrender and control friendly units from the map, but I'm not exactly sure how to do these and the more advanced things.

For whatever reason, my H key isn't pulling up the tutorial prompts. I'm wondering if this is a bug or a mod conflict too? I have no problems with hints using these exact same mods with the vanilla SP campaign so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Thanks for the reply SoAk. You have quite a mod on your hands here and even though you're not really supporting it fully any more (I read your explanation on Steam and I support you), I just want to say thanks. This is what the SP campaign should have been.

press escape key and look at field manual its the same as H on the pop up screens

How do you build the camp with four tents at the beginning of the game?

I searched the Steam forums and someone mentioned having to build a fortress first. I tried that to see to see if an option to lay the tents down would appear but I don't think I'm understanding the prerequisites of what building a fortress means. Is it not just a walled in structure with some emplacements to fire from?

Any help on completing this objective would be excellent. Not exactly sure what to do.

EDIT: I asked this same question over on Reddit and two identical replies. They both told me that after establishing a bunker under the "Fortress" tab, I should then be allowed to select tents under the "Furniture" tab.

I tried this yesterday but since they both gave me the same answer, I have to assume I just missed it.

Would have been nice to have been told about the Fortress prerequisite somewhere in the game's tutorial but please don't consider that a big complaint. This mod has so much content and at such a high quality too. It just doesn't feel really 'new user' friendly. I'll get the hang of it it time.

I searched the Steam forums and someone mentioned having to build a fortress first. I tried that to see to see if an option to lay the tents down would appear but I don't think I'm understanding the prerequisites of what building a fortress means. Is it not just a walled in structure with some emplacements to fire from?

Any help on completing this objective would be excellent. Not exactly sure what to do.

EDIT: I asked this same question over on Reddit and two identical replies. They both told me that after establishing a bunker under the "Fortress" tab, I should then be allowed to select tents under the "Furniture" tab.

I tried this yesterday but since they both gave me the same answer, I have to assume I just missed it.

Would have been nice to have been told about the Fortress prerequisite somewhere in the game's tutorial but please don't consider that a big complaint. This mod has so much content and at such a high quality too. It just doesn't feel really 'new user' friendly. I'll get the hang of it it time.

You need to be next (up to 75 meters) to a Truck or a Hunter or other Vehicles. Then press Shift+C and a Menu will pop up. You can build now some basic structures, they are needed to make more things accesible to the menu. So when you have placed the first structure (Bunker for example) it should open more options where you  an choose from, somwhere in the other options there are tents, build 4 of them and you should be fine.

There is a Turorial build in this mission, you should use it if you dont know what to do. Press M to open the map, you will find some useful hints there "how to" WLA correctly^^

• Like 1

You need to be next (up to 75 meters) to a Truck or a Hunter or other Vehicles. Then press Shift+C and a Menu will pop up. You can build now some basic structures, they are needed to make more things accesible to the menu. So when you have placed the first structure (Bunker for example) it should open more options where you  an choose from, somwhere in the other options there are tents, build 4 of them and you should be fine.

There is a Turorial build in this mission, you should use it if you dont know what to do. Press M to open the map, you will find some useful hints there "how to" WLA correctly^^

Yep. You guys were all 100% correct. I needed to place a fortress element first before the tent option would appear.

Is the tutorial weaved naturally into the mission or do I actually need to enable it somehow? When my game starts, I immediately get two tasks: Talk to any civilian and build base camp. Is that technically the tutorial section?

I'm trying to do an undercover run and I'm getting my ass handed to me. LOL! So any tutorial of any kind would be excellent. I'm new to the series and don't really understand how to lead a squad just yet so I figured I'd go at this as a lone wolf to start. This mission is very hard even on Normal. But I really like how seamless and natural the objectives feel. SoAk really accomplished something special here. BIS' campaign should have been a lot more like this.

• Like 1

The tutorial aspect is quite lacking in the consept. I wasnt sure where to throw the info and dont like to write the guides (and my english is more like finglish :) ). The field manual and map info is quite hidden. In shift+1 menu I orginally didnt  know how to add scroll-able text space. Mission is meant to be challenging to have use for the special call support features. I should have made the easy setting much more easy, but its time taking to balance all the features. But skill settings in game options should have massive impact. You can set that enemy basically dont see or hear anything or as opposite have eagle eyes.  :D

Sorry for the late update. Have stucked in UE4 editor, but checking the bugs soon. Some new pics - I learned to do own landscape materials that have multiple layers. Using of course textures from UE4 marketplace or free examples. Also got postProsessing again work. Made it look bit like Cities: Skylines:

http://imgur.com/a/owwPl

Constantly remaking the playarea while learning new tricks. Preparing new zombie video soon. They are now pushing fences dynamically down.​ ;)

​

• Like 1

get the truck press Shift C go to furniture and pop up the tent :)

• Like 1

For me the custom maps play right (or tested with Chernarus). When you were playing map like panthera, did you remember to use the pbo name in ()? So it would be WLA.panthera3.pbo. I try to get bug update soon (also try other custom maps if there is some bug still hiding), but notepad++ stopped working after updating to win10. But need to stay in topic. Once getting the update out, I will leave the forum. You can still contact me in twitter or steam. 

I rename it to WholeLottaAltis.panthera3.pbo, but i will test it wit WLA..

It should have worked then. I will test that panthera myself. Or could be something that changes when not playing in editor.

With WLA...pbo the Game crash after a minute when talked with a Civi(in WLA.isladuala.pbo). panthera still work, so lets see existing the csat camp.

edit:

In Panthera is no mark on map for Camp. On this Position only 4 Enemys in a House. After kill spawn 2 friendly Soldiers, but the Quest mark(CSAT camp) remains.

arma32015-10-1721-33-9qufz.jpgarma32015-10-1721-26-mcsnk.jpg

WLA.Takistan.pbo without Enemys on Position:

arma32015-10-1722-10-rbscq.jpg

edit:

And, have you a Idea where is the problem?

Hey Saok I was wondering if the preview of the special structures could be changed sometimes when I try to place one im not sure how it will be placed for example if I place one pow cell it may be to close to me and ill be trapped or when I place it too close to an object a fence will just fall over :/ is there a better way you can make it more visible to know how im placing said structure?

Also for special structures and such when I try to undo object if I placed them wrongly on my part I cant seem to removed them it just skips it and removes a previous structure like if I built a small fortress then build a pow cell but I placed it wrongly and try to undo it removes the small fortress instead of the pow.

i just saw this in the game cause i had gotten far into it but with the RHS AAF gets Russian vehicles but when they go anywhere near me or my inplacments or my troops near me they shoot the AAF cause it registers the vehicles as enemies even my static guns like anti tank just blew the crap out of a BDM and BTR that was a AAF armored ally.

Hi Saok, have you a Plan when you bring out the Update? I would like play this on other Terrains.

p.s. if your Sauerland from here: http://www.dayz-sauerland.com/? I tried Winter and Summer, but the Game crash. Editor cant load these Maps.

Sorry, its badly late. Notepad++ refuse to launch on Win10, but will prepare some other program to edit the sqf. 

Sorry, its badly late. Notepad++ refuse to launch on Win10, but will prepare some other program to edit the sqf. 

eww windows 10 its crap! XD

btw these types of mods / scripts dont seem bad for a previous question on better previews before you build stuff 

of course you would have to get permission to use i think that;s how mod maker's use each other's work but if its possible something along those lines wouldnt be bad :o

Example:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170033-r3f-logistics/

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27078

Edit: 1 Small additonal request is it possible to make the character able to move objects like container's / boxes im kinda OCD and when i load a couple of crate's into my vehicles and then take them out it kinda screws my OCD when i cant have then neatly placed the way i want it xD if you cant then oh well but if you can i would greatly appreciate it.

In this I must agree darkking810, Win10 is the last junk, after 8 :thumbsdown: .

I hope you find a solution for this. I think you want not downgrade to Win7...

In this I must agree darkking810, Win10 is the last junk, after 8 :thumbsdown: .

I hope you find a solution for this. I think you want not downgrade to Win7...

Of  course he NEEDS to "downgrade".

Most of todays offers as *upgrade it's just...a named as *upgrade -not in the essence.

Rest on PM ;)

I needed to get Win10 since Win7 only supported only 16Gb. Certain editor reached that limit quickly. When comparing to Win7, the Win10 runs much faster. Mostly have liked this so far, but not sure if its better than Win8. There is much alternative programs to edit SQF so wont be problem. I will get started in very near day.

Any chance that future releases will have parameters to disable fatigue, as well as the integration of the revive script from End Game? These two things are the only major things I see as missing from the mission.

I'm happy you're still interested in supporting this SoAk.

I'm going to be honest, I LOVE what you have here (from the conversation window to the voice acting to the mission system, etc) but I had to stop playing simply because there is just way too much going on.

When I say that I mean enemy forces just come out in droves. These battles, especially in the early stages, are just so large that no only is it very hard, but performance/FPS is just terrible. And this is with me making adjustments to your custom settings with performance in mind.

I think toning this stuff down just a bit will help on both fronts. I feel like this mission is too reliant on us calling in support and extremely chaotic and enemy driven as a result.

I'm not criticizing, I love what you've done here. I'm just offering some constructive feedback. And it's not only me, if you're ever on Reddit, a lot of us feel the same way. We ADORE your vision here but it's like there's too much of a good thing if that makes sense?

Any chance that future releases will have parameters to disable fatigue, as well as the integration of the revive script from End Game? These two things are the only major things I see as missing from the mission.

Its already in the game to disable fatigue just pres Shift + 1 options and go down to fatigue and disable it and the revive script if you dont die and you have a medic nearby he heals you and you get right back up :o

I'm happy you're still interested in supporting this SoAk.

I'm going to be honest, I LOVE what you have here (from the conversation window to the voice acting to the mission system, etc) but I had to stop playing simply because there is just way too much going on.

When I say that I mean enemy forces just come out in droves. These battles, especially in the early stages, are just so large that no only is it very hard, but performance/FPS is just terrible. And this is with me making adjustments to your custom settings with performance in mind.

I think toning this stuff down just a bit will help on both fronts. I feel like this mission is too reliant on us calling in support and extremely chaotic and enemy driven as a result.

I'm not criticizing, I love what you've done here. I'm just offering some constructive feedback. And it's not only me, if you're ever on Reddit, a lot of us feel the same way. We ADORE your vision here but it's like there's too much of a good thing if that makes sense?

if you have life range down to default and have it on easy aswell as disabling animals and half ambient life it should do your fps some good.

i dont see having to rely on support a bad thing in real life you would get support like that and you have your troops you should be able to do just fine if you know how to make strategic plays.