SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

I've been trying this for a bit now and it's working quite well but I have one issue. I have a blue banner on th e right side of the screen which look as follows...

107410_2015-09-26_00003_zpsy06ts1ci.png

107410_2015-09-26_00004_zpsgw4dubd6.png

thanks for any fix...

activate the Addon?!

check,...I use the arma 3 Launcher

btw,...Did you creat this mod by hard coding (not sure how to describe my question) TPW into it? If so why and could it be made so that I insert TPW and adjust it the way I choose?

Thanks

Hi, :) there is no 3rd party code in the mission. Have made all by myself. That hint message is bit misleading, the addon is called WLA addon now. And its required because it adds custom cfglocations classes that are used for camps and guardposts (if I remember right). If that addon isnt enabled, those dont exist and there will be massive FPS leaks and whole mission can break.

Hello SaOk,

First off, great mission! I'm loving WLA! Lately I've been playing coop with a few friends and I think there might be a bug or two - or maybe I have a bad version or I'm screwing up somewhere. Maybe you can give some insight.

There's an option to build a factory out of a player made base, however only the host can spawn vehicles from that factory. All of the standard factories work for everyone, just the player made ones. 

Also, the arsenal doesn't work consistently after a respawn. Is there a requirement to get that to work all the time?

Thanks for your feedback and a huge thank you for the mission, keep up the good work!

Thanks :) the COOP version is quite rushed. Copied much content from SP version and prepared it for competition deadline in 1,5weeks. Much more work would be needed. Have left the game behind, but will try to do some tweak&fix updates at some point. Hectic times going in UE4 Project, but sooner or later checking the editor.

Hi Saok,

Love your work on WLA so far, but there seem to be some small bugs when I play it on panthera. First is that especially camps and most posts don't seem to show up on the map. besides that, switching to civilian seems to be bugged as well, I can try once in a building, and it will tell me it needs to be in a building and the csat mustve not seen me, but when I try again in a different building, nothing happens, no message, no whatsoever. Can you shed some light on these problems ?

Besides that, I am sad to have found out you're sort of abandoning arma 3. I have been trying to get into arma scripting lately, and I will try to continue to learn it. If there is any way I can help out in the development or bugtesting, lemme know :)

Thanks :), some of the map buildings dont have effect on lineintersect-check. That prevent entering the undercover-mode. Seems like there have been some small changes that have broke the custom maps to work right. I will try to check and release small update for that in near weeks.

The UE4 project is still very work in progress. Much stuff still missing and to add. But hope to have some kind of early access late this year or very early next year. Was thinking to use indiedb.com for that. And later try to get through steam greenlight. Planning to keep updating the project same way as this WLA for year or more (after release), listening player feedback (if there is any :D). Going to have new videos soon even its quite too early to show it. Mostly vids are just to show the progress. There is not much game yet.

Hello, I really love this mission! I used to had this on a laptop, Which runned fine for it.

Now, After having a new laptop, Running on Windows 10 with ArmA III on 1.50, This mission lags for me. Almost every other missions works for me, I'm having stable 42 FPS on Campaign mode (Stratis and Altis), But when I'm running this mod, I only get 27 average.

Any ideas?

Thanks :), some of the map buildings dont have effect on lineintersect-check. That prevent entering the undercover-mode. Seems like there have been some small changes that have broke the custom maps to work right. I will try to check and release small update for that in near weeks.

The UE4 project is still very work in progress. Much stuff still missing and to add. But hope to have some kind of early access late this year or very early next year. Was thinking to use indiedb.com for that. And later try to get through steam greenlight. Planning to keep updating the project same way as this WLA for year or more (after release), listening player feedback (if there is any :D). Going to have new videos soon even its quite too early to show it. Mostly vids are just to show the progress. There is not much game yet.

Thx for the reply,

just scrolled back a bit to see the video's of ur UE4 project, looking good so far !

Hey Saok I've noticed that if I use the RHS pack for WLA my allies the AAF use the Russian MI-8MT O_o my allies chopper usually dies cause it cant intercept with csat's chopper any possibility that you might change the chopper to a MI-24 variant so it can fight the enemies chopper?

Also I'm still clueless on how to get more unit for the global map where you can direct your allies and your own factions units to points around the map how do i purchase or acquire more force to engage Csat?

Thanks :), do you have WLA addon running (so the hint isnt displaying constantly)? Mods can also add extra FPS hit. Else the mission can be more demanding than campaigns. Even there is proper spawn-delete loops, I am trying to spawn so much life that is possible before FPS drops very much. So there is 60-80 units spawned at one time. You can try decreasing life range and set ambient life to half. Else there isnt much to do. Map location of course affect much. Will also check if there is some new bugs when playing with 1.50. EDIT: Also lower the max vzone setting. So there is less spawned platoons at one time.

Thanks :), the UE4 vids are very outdated. Have now trees and other stuff placed on whole map. Much more other scenery too, even still much more to add. Few days ago found out Mixamo Fuse. Using now characters made with it. Adobe have bought that so need still to read the new terms, but hope to have those in released game. Having also WIP zombies and flying bots now. Should get better zombie animations soon. Those will be in more optional/rare role, but want to add them anyway. ;) Just throwing material in and slowly forming game of it.

I try to remember to change that RHS chopper when jumping in editor. You can get more those map platoons from mil center (shift+1) when visiting camp. Purchased platoons spawn to nearest pier and when head to your direction.

• Like 1

You can get more those map platoons from mil center (shift+1) when visiting camp. Purchased platoons spawn to nearest pier and when head to your direction.

ill try that and get back to you

Hi, Saok, have you checked the problem(Camp Position) with other Maps?

Not yet, but I wil try to prepare it during weekend after getting Cities Skylines DLC review written for thursday.

Not yet, but I wil try to prepare it during weekend after getting Cities Skylines DLC review written for thursday.

ok i got it yea is there a way to add more tanks then the ones you can start off with ordering? 

like for tanks i can only order like T-72's later in the stages can i order more then just that or is there a way to manually add more vehicles from other mods?

Here is the latest UE4 vid. Quite sneak peak of scenery and WIP zombies:

• Like 2

Now, After having a new laptop, Running on Windows 10 with ArmA III on 1.50,

Go back to W7

Hey Saok i was wondering when your building stuff with Shift + c how come the height only goes up to 10 :( i cant put stuff on like tall structures cause i cant go past 10 is there any possibilities you could increase it to 20 or 30? to go higher

btw i see assests unlock at later stages so disregard my previous post

Here is the latest UE4 vid. Quite sneak peak of scenery and WIP zombies:

Will we get First-Person mode and how much would the game cost?

I can increase the height slider. ;)

Yes, there is first person camera already. But maybe will need to add separate 1st person hand animations for that, but will see how managing to make it look. Planning to get better weapon pack later which should look better in 1st person view too. Since working alone, the game will be cheap. Was thinking 5$/5euros maybe (10$ at very most). But still too early to set that. And if getting in steam, not sure what terms they have. Will get proper zombie animations this friday. Also hopeing to invest for 1 hand melee weapon anim pack. The fistfighting in that vid is very bad still. Missing proper collisions. Heavy work still needed on everything. The same way as with arma the most time goes to problem solving. :D In arma FPS drop is caused by AI and villages, in UE4 the dynamic lights. At least got texture streaming working nice,.

Edit: Adding the new zombie anims :)

CQ5vxD4UsAAmGkq.png

I can increase the height slider. ;)

Yes, there is first person camera already. But maybe will need to add separate 1st person hand animations for that, but will see how managing to make it look. Planning to get better weapon pack later which should look better in 1st person view too. Since working alone, the game will be cheap. Was thinking 5$/5euros maybe (10$ at very most). But still too early to set that. And if getting in steam, not sure what terms they have. Will get proper zombie animations this friday. Also hopeing to invest for 1 hand melee weapon anim pack. The fistfighting in that vid is very bad still. Missing proper collisions. Heavy work still needed on everything. The same way as with arma the most time goes to problem solving. :D In arma FPS drop is caused by AI and villages, in UE4 the dynamic lights. At least got texture streaming working nice,.

that would be great I'd like to create my unique style base :P

you know what I just noticed I cant call in boat platoons D; I wanted to assault from 2 directions from the sea and land but I cant unless I have air but csat just bunched up their units so AA is mixed in there so my chopper's flee :(