SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Wow you 2 guys are 5 year old whining babies. Isnt it?

No, you are a babie with this question.  If you don´t like the faction that can choose then you can remake the mission.  But only complain because you can choose the faction you like is useless.

I am afraid the COOP might not have working artillery. In SP version there is own custom function for it. The slammer is given after certain task (that sometimes complete without player effort), it would need to follow mod template definitely. I am extreme poor to write guides. There is some data in briefing, field manual (esc mennu) and shift+1, but mostly player need to get familiar with the function by himself. The consept is bit more experimental simulation than just made around player. Grenades for launchers are missing, those are harder to pick from config. Should make some function for that. The GUI in SP was left quite WIP, I might try to do some updates and some point. Have been working whole summer on the UE4 Project.

This is the latest vid (much placeholders in it): New video of AI and expanded house destruction.

Another WIP video coming later this week (can find those in my youTube/Twitter, not posting ue4 stuff much here since of course its offtopic). Have been adding proper firearms last two days and expanding AI now much. Also more house piece types can be now destroyed and repairing them is now included. :)

EDIT: Added the new video above. Sound wasnt captured and accidentally toggled off bullet hitting surface effects.

Thanks :), yes the fractured version of object can have any number of pieces. But need to make sure the performance dont drop too much. Its possible to have own custom destruction effects too so I hope to make those wooden walls break as wood boards (not sure if board is the right word). Doing much balansing, just got dynamic shadows enabled back for trees without loosing much FPS. Its possible to set drawing distance for each object type, also set custom distance for each component in actors (e.g. furniture in doctor room). The most hit is still from AI, shadows and physics, so I need to focus on those. But very excited, seems like its possible to expand the map much and still keep it smooth quite easily. So far everything going as planned, just need to time to develop. Hope to have playable version available still during late fall or early winter.

Edit: I tryed to thank the MANW jury for the massive work they did in one of the MANW news thread. And the censorship removed the whole post. Nice nice. :mellow:

Edit2: Captured some screenshots of the UE4 Project. Still just playing around http://imgur.com/a/2hMhQ . Just working to get deers and ravens to work from the official "A Boy and His Kite"-video https://vimeo.com/122446782?utm_source=launcher&utm_medium=ue&utm_campaign=uelearn

WLA Status Update: In case someone is still waiting for more mission updates. I have to say that most likely I am not returning to create content for the game anymore. I still hang out in the forums, since its hard to stop the over 10 year habit. Cant forgive the fact they sold my work for quick extra publicity for their partners without giving any value for my long activity in the community. It was hard to stop playing own favorite game serie, but it been already for 3 months (only added the RSH template update). Luckily have found new game(engine) to be excited and put my creativity in.

If someone happen to want creating modifications of WLA its still okay. But I am afraid, I will forbit to release Tanoa map support in public.

How can you play this in Chenaurus?

You need to download the dropbox version from the first post, unpack 7z, rename the pbo to WLA.chernarus.pbo and place it in steam\steamapps\common\arma 3\missions. Steam folder is usually in program files. Then just launch the game e.g. with AiA mod or the island alone and you can launch the mission for chernarus from scenarios menu. The overview will look as altis, but it launches for the map set in that pbo name. The other supported maps are listed in the first post too.

Would it be much work to include HC support for this mission? Is anyone able to add this feature?

In Takistan i have some problems.

-game messages:

No entry Bin/config../cfglocationtypes.postg and Bin/config../cfglocationtypes.campr

-on the right side continuous message i need to play the last WLA Sound Addon(i think i have it from here)

- in Villages hardly any Civilians until no one

- and i cant change to Undercover in Buildings

You need the latest WLA addon that can be found here: 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=422592108

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78e2wypdx0ja5p9/%40SaOk.7z

If you had it already, make sure the addon was enabled.

HC should be quite easy to add, already tried it year(s) back but then the HC was still too WIP.

ps. Opened Twitch channel yesterday. Will try to stream some UE4 Project WIP sessions (not commentary or webcam - only game sounds) soon and make those stay watchable. Still bit too early to show, but core stuff is partly there.

http://www.twitch.tv/thesaok

I have this and its in the same Folder just like the addon:

saok9csoq.jpg

That ought to do, right?

I tried all the things and have AiA mod and WLA and all i get is no congif world. The screen is an ocean. I tried the Podagorsk and changed the pbo to WLA.Podagorsk.pbo and still no joy.

So how does it work in layman's terms?

It looks right, but make sure there isnt old addon version also enabled somewhere. Podagorks is launched with WLA.FDF_isle1_a.pbo. The first post have all supported maps listed. If there is pbo inside (), you need to name the mission pbo like that.

ok. Now it works(i replicated all new), but i still not can change back to undercover in buildings :(

edit:

There are no CSAT Camps near(or on complete Map), only a empty Sandbagbunker...

arma32015-09-2405-02-bij3s.jpgarma32015-09-2404-33-yuuxd.jpg

Saok, could you release a pbo with all the details and mods that is needed?

Rarely the camps get missing, but you should be able to fix that By saving in shift+1 menu and restart the mission from scenarios menu. You can then continue the progress from start options. The camps are then recreated. Unless you are missing the correct WLA addon.

I am not familiar to add mission stuff in addon pbo, so may need to keep those separate.

I started all new, but its not better. This time is nothing on these Camp Position(only 1-2 enemy Vehicles):

arma32015-09-2415-48-tmk76.jpg arma32015-09-2415-57-cvk8v.jpg

Takistan Map:

arma32015-09-2415-30-whktd.jpg

Your mod and Mission gone fine on altis..

Could be that something have changed bit in the game or mod. I try to check that soon'ish. Was that takistan the normal takistan.pbo? If the pbo name would be different then its not supported map.

I think so. This Map is from A3MP mod(A3MP_Map_Takistan_Data.pbo). The only for A3 that i found.

edit:

I found another Takistan in AIA, but the same Bug.

Equally in Panthera:

arma32015-09-2502-57-n4jk1.jpg

Hey SaOk any possibility you can make the ingame save you made for wla addon into a mod to work for other missions too i would love to use it cause im tired of other missions for me having to revert a mission and restart the whole thing cause mods wont appear after a loaded save :/

first, thx for this awesome mission ! we've played it in coop08 and had a blast...

but many things were really annoying:

• The Fog

Altis is in a mediterranean climate, we are not in england or another north land... this fucking fog, quite all the time, turn me mad !! How to turn the fog off ? i don't see any option and i don't understand how to change the dynamic weather.

Hello Everyone,

First off, thank you SaOk for making a great mission.

How can I turn off the fog completely? 

How can I reduce the fog to see view distance/object out to about 5000-6000 meters?

Thank you,

Monnie

I don't know why, But for some reason, Running ArmA on this mission (Co-op works fine though) gives me a very bad Frames Per Second, About 28 average... I can easily run the campaign on average 40.

Running ArmA III on version 1.50, Windows 10.

I fired this up and I play Arma at 2351 x 1470 using DSR. The text and GUI is so tiny I can't read it. :(  Do I need to run at 1080p to see the text properly or is there a workaround?

Thx

Hello Everone.

My friends and I are getting 60-70FPS  with VZone, ambient life, and life range set to max in the WLA Options/parameters.

Is there a way to increase visibility:

Overall to 5000m

Objects to 2500m

Thank you,

Monnie

I fired this up and I play Arma at 2351 x 1470 using DSR. The text and GUI is so tiny I can't read it. :(  Do I need to run at 1080p to see the text properly or is there a workaround?

Thx

You can change the Interface Size in the Options->Video->Display-> Interface Size

Change it to normal or large to be able to read the things ;)