SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Just a quick question. I have had the server running for a whole day with WLA CO-24, and after lots of automated saved games, I had to restart it. After loading the mission again, it starts just from the beginning. How can I load the previous savegame?

The progress should load automatically unless disabling it from parameters (can be edited before starting the session in player role selecting lobby).

The COOP can be of course edited, but could be bit jungle to get in. You can unpack the mission pbo quite easily. If not wanting the CSAT slots, you can just pick mission variant with more player slots. Those work the identical way, just more slots.

Hi, sorry not currently. Staying in hiatus and probably not returning anytime soon unless BIS admits the MANW flaws and fully compensates the waste of time. Really dont want to support the company no longer if it they think the sloppy jury work was normal. Its a basic math to see I got robbed and heavily. Thats not something I forget and return to normal hobby state. Tried many times, but its unacceptable how silent BIS stays. I can continue my hobby in UE4. Making good progress in my own 1 man project indie game and probably releasing it during fall. Hope to publish it in steam if getting through greenlight. Will post WIP videos to my YouTube channel time to time if interested.

No problem man, i totaly understand your decision. I would react the same. I hope it turns into good for you.

Best wishes :)

Hi, sorry not currently. Staying in hiatus and probably not returning anytime soon unless BIS admits the MANW flaws and fully compensates the waste of time
Its a basic math to see I got robbed and heavily
its unacceptable how silent BIS stays

Wow, you're still on about this?

You lost. It's too bad. And to be honest, if this is still your attitude - good riddance. They don't owe you a damn thing.

The 1 issue I find with ace3 is when a member gets hurt and you want to revive or if you want someone to heal you it wont cause ace3 changes all that including the first aid pack is gone.

Also an issue is you cant use task force radio and ace3 together or the sound of the radio just goes haywire and hurts your ears luckily I found a way around it since a certain unit I had needed just the items part of task force radio I just took the item pbo and added to my addons folder and walla fixed it

Edited by DarkKing810

Yes, its too bad and history, but they owe a big thing morally. If both the community voters and jury were proper gamers as they stated, the result would have been identical (that is basic math). Only entries with very close vote/support ratio could have swapped positions. So it was false statement. Jury shared points half randomly and didnt test the entries properly. MP finalists were picked in very lazy manner. If SWEC stats dont lie my entry was tested 5 min only visiting the respawn island. So it wasnt tested at all, the entry is basically still to be judged. Its against what the competition was seeking by rules. They should have warned that the criterias mentioned in rules were lacking/false. There was no indication the judgement was made by testing some few minutes, following hype and the system allowed possibility for heavy down voting. Each jury member had 20 points to share so that added heavy random factor which is against the idea of judging. There is nothing wrong with my attitude, I havent wasted anyones time for year and refusing to give any real answers. BIS owe a big time to community that keeps their game alive. So they owe me also a damn thing if they want me keep supporting them back.

I have always stayed loyal for them, helped with bugs and making WLA MP updates when requested. Even hurried to keep things running. I remade the OFP resistance campaign even it was a massive task. The highest rated (honest) review in metacritic for the game was also written by me. Thousands of hours I have spent. Its not okay that they bother only take quick look of my entries then in massive 1 year long competition. They can of course do how they wish, but dont be suprised if community content creators leave one by one.

Their attitude is poor, not mine.

Edit: If returning to edit WLA, will also check those ACE issues.

It is not math in any way, shape or form, it's all in your head. It's called self-entitlement.

What you want is for the competition, judges and votes to all go in your favour to declare you the winner. You've conjured up an entire narrative around why that should be the case. Again - all made up, in your head, with nothing to back up any of the false conclusions you've drawn.

You are delusional. I'm appalled that we even had to see this side of you.

It is math. If you randomly divide community to half, both would vote near the same. Competition was to make content for arma3 player, community is the arma3 players. Jury was said to be arma3 gamers, their votes dont match to that. You dont see the full picture, just pick sides and get personal.

Jury was said to be arma3 gamers,

Nobody said so anywhere. Even the very first announcement described the jury as "consists of a varied selection of Bohemia Interactive representatives and other industry professionals." One of them even was from Red Cross!

Anyway, I personally think you should have won. In fact, I would have bet on it.

And with that being said, any further discussion of the MANW contest, jury and outcome should go to its respective thread, where it will be recognized the most. Thank you!

Jury should know the matter what they are judging. Of course, Red Cross does the most important work on world, but if I would have seen the jury when the competition was annouced, would have focused on much more simple approach (more cinematic and easy corridor stuff, or PvP in MP). Now you could just hope to get fair "trial". We got info of the jury only after the deadline. Many entries were then just left background, the competition was to bring extra short publicity to the jury. Noway they played WLA hours that it would have needed. Would be suprised if they even experience 2% of my mission content. Of course there were other very superb entries, but I dont think my entry were given anywhere near proper fair change. The vote/supporter ratio (even yes didnt meant to have any effect) should have shown as easy positioning to even top 2. They just sold hard 1 year work for own quick good.

Edit: Still wrote while the message above appeared. I head to UE4.

Hi, sorry not currently. Staying in hiatus and probably not returning anytime soon unless BIS admits the MANW flaws and fully compensates the waste of time. Really dont want to support the company no longer if it they think the sloppy jury work was normal. Its a basic math to see I got robbed and heavily. Thats not something I forget and return to normal hobby state. Tried many times, but its unacceptable how silent BIS stays. I can continue my hobby in UE4. Making good progress in my own 1 man project indie game and probably releasing it during fall. Hope to publish it in steam if getting through greenlight. Will post WIP videos to my YouTube channel time to time if interested.

If you wish to raise this with BIS, i would suggest you do so through the proper channels and contact them via email (http://support.bistudio.com/)

I have, its always no reply or one reply without any real conversation. If trying to prove point, it all fade to silence. My few polite tweets have also had zero impact. No way to get any real response. Just trying to explain here why I am leaving and getting all rage on me. Silence always wins.

Hey SaOk have you had issues when you save in the mission then load it back up that the top left part where prestige is showed along with pier factory etc aren't showing up?

Does that have to do with the mission or Bohemia?

It could be mission related, but if you use mission save made in shift+1 menu and restart the mission -> continue old progress, it should show again.

It could be mission related, but if you use mission save made in shift+1 menu and restart the mission -> continue old progress, it should show again.

will try that

Edit: It Does work :D

Edit 2: I tested cherno but when I got to the part of capturing csat camp for the resistance it wouldn't let me there was no AI around either so I couldn't continue btw thanks for all the hard work I'm really surprised you didn't win with this kinda of mission I feel like you should have won at-least 2nd or 3rd place for single player campaign.

Edit:3 Hey SaOk if it isn't too much trouble im just tossing this idea to you would it be possible to add a way to purchase high command units that you can control on the map? As of right now you get very little units when it starts up probably when NATO Base Camp and Green Base Camp get established it could be possible to buy high command units so you can fight the CSAT army on different fronts. ( tell me what you think of this idea )

Edited by DarkKing810

Hi SaOk, it's been a while since i've played Arma, but i recently thought i'd try undercover mode in WLA, which gave me this gem here:

http://i.imgur.com/P7igaku.jpg (732 kB)

Nothing even remotely suspicious happened here.

But on a bug reporting kinda note, that marker in the background is a bit messed up.

Really sorry on the MANW results, this is my one of my two must-have mods (WLA and ACE3).

Thanks, nice scene. :D Seems like there is visible waypoint for some task without location. You should be able to hide it by making some other task active from briefing - M. But will check it good if returning to editor.

oh on bug reporting wise if you click delpost and click ok then it deletes everything but when i tried to set up 4 tents again it didn't make camp wolf again is it like perm gone?

Probably perm gone. Earlier it was prevented to delete camp wolf, but seems like I accidentally enabled that when allowing now to delete captured CSAT posts. Respawning to camp wolf may bug (if the button is available), but else mission should work normally to end.

Edited by SaOk

I dont know if this sounds dumb but I cant seem to access High Command by CTRL + Space has it changed or am I pressing the wrong buttons cause im confused I summoned some units via zeus using this mod http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190017-Simple-Single-Player-Cheat-Menu

Cause I had no idea how to give myself more units to fight off the never ending waves of csat lol but I cant seem to get the units I summoned to appear like the one's on the map I can tell where to go x.x so sorry if im asking alot from you for a small thing.

High Command should work normally. You can see in UI (as HC groups number) when there is groups available. Its posssible some mod is blocking it. Before there was some weapon resting blocking it as default. All friendly side groups (except air team) that have more that 1 man should appear automatically in HC.