SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

New small WLA Amalgamation update. Map radio messages can be now toggled off, enemy posts can be deleted, changed safe revive pos key, some other tweaks.

Don't know if it has been mentioned before but when playing with RHS and I request a ammo drop it only contains 6.5mm mags and the like instead of 5.56mm.

Hey SaOk, I just wanna say I absolutely love this mod and was totally bummed about the MANW judges decision. I am currently on my second playthrough, but there are a couple small gameplay bugs that have irked me.

First off is whenever I place a small bagbunker on a downward slope and a static wep inside, all works well. Then after exiting and restarting mission the bunker becomes horizontal and hovering off the ground in the front and the static wep either disappears or becomes blocked.

Also I cannot delete old guardposts that were built older than a day. I'll post a link to screenshots of the problems below.

The second bug is sometimes in 2-story structures large random items like metal shelves will spawn on top of the stairs and block access to the upper floor.

Theres also the problem of recent updates causing some pretty low fps while driving after playing for awhile, I have noticed that the more often I use your 0-0-0 autosave function, the autosave.Arma3Save file under Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\WLA%3a%20Amalgamation.Altis get larger each time I autosave, the fps was pretty bad when the save file was around 60MB. Restarting the mission on the Arma 3 scenario screen fixes the fps, but most of my gear disappears and my teammates gear gets scrambled around as well, even after storing it with y key near my truck in friendly camp with gear storage nearby.

Other than that, you've done amazing work so far and continue to and I love seeing how far this mod has come.

Here are some screenshots of the issues, but remove the [ ] brackets first. I haven't been a member for 24 hours to post links :(

imgur[.]com/4z3xdgC.jpg

imgur[.]com/M22UGdB.jpg

Thanks, :)

yes when making mistake to remember it, havent got over it at all but nothing can be done. Finally had superb changes for something and at the end got absolutely nothing good out of it. Cant stop thinking if some small changes in mission would have given much different result. Would have expected BIS seeking entries that had potential to keep growing even after the competition is over. I think they wasted much opportunities to get much more out of the competition. Its tragic funny to check arma3.swec.se and compare how much WLA coop is played (didnt make even top10) and how much the 3rd pos winners are played. Havent even updated that mode for a too long time. Spent insane amount of time/effort converting/optimizing that, even BIS is using the mode sometimes to test their netcode. And not even TOP10!? Got overrun by some entries I could make in half a day. Yes what a miserable sore nolife crying looser chap I am.

Still the mod crates to add. I will need to save the fortress upvector to fix that slope issue too. Should only happen with first placed fortress currently. The post deleting was still bugged, I fixed it for next update. In buildings its hard to detect the buildingpositions that are in stairway, but could blacklist list those manually. I think mostly it happens with only one house type. Better definitely always to use the custom save/load system. Will try to make more things save in future.

Currently looking into unity-engine which seems awesome and somehow easy to get into, planning to get familiar with it good too so there might be some slowdowns in updates. But havent forgotten the WLA COOP update. Sorry for the delays, days go too fast.

Currently looking into unity-engine which seems awesome and somehow easy to get into, planning to get familiar with it good too so there might be some slowdowns in updates.

Look at UE4 as well mate. I'm starting out with it and progress is 10x faster than Arma because of not having to script around various game-bugs/deficiencies.

That would definitely be even more handy. 19 dollars per month isnt anything. Probably will still get started with unity, then jump to look better into UE4. Will need to learn some more C++ or Java too.

Unless I misread your post, UE4 doesn't cost 19/mo anymore. There is no longer any upfront cost associated. Just the 5% royalty after you release, *if* you make more than x dollars per quarter.

Even better then :)

Thanks :) It would be fun but only yet looking into it. Much learning ahead. But seems like UE4 have much clear samples and templates to get nicely started.

New WLA: Amalgamation update: New GUI (WIP) and wounded carrying (both AI and player - currently only if using DEV-build of the game)

Edit: Uploaded GUI tweaks and its again compatible with savegame loading and also issues with team-mates getting random gear after reset load should be fixed. Edited by SaOk

Getting forward with the UE4 ;), already got AI moving to actors (houses) trigger location and having item stored variables running.

Getting forward with the UE4 ;), already got AI moving to actors (houses) trigger location and having item stored variables running.

Having fun with those dynamic shadows, I see? :D

Definitely, just tried creating flashlight object and attaching it to hand. Whole thing crashed when adding bigger spotlight, but should get it working. :) Even made first own character animation. Interesting to see how it goes. Aiming to create somekind of game sooner or later. The editor is suprising easy to use.

Unfortunately I'm unable to load my save after the latest Arma 3 update. Says the save file is an incompatible version.

If you have saved in shift+1 menu or pressed 0-0-0 (or there have been wla autosave), you can just restart and continue your mission progress from mission start options.

Alan Pink game coming ;) - just got own WIP animation loop made (yesterday managed to attach own made flashlight to hand)

Edited by SaOk

Brilliant! Worked for me, thanks. Quick question, the new UI seems to be pretty big. Anyway to make it smaller so as to not cut off the text?

Hi SaOk,

with the latest update, I'm experiencing a glitch.. when starting a new game, I'm unable to set up any of the parameters (player needs, respawning, etc). The selection box is just blank. If I force through and start the game, pressing shift+1 does bring up the menu but clicking 'options' just closes it and does nothing. I tried to run it modless (disabled everything except the @Saok addon) but the result is the same. Any ideas?

Will add toggle soon for those UI boxes, can you post pic of the bug if its cutting something out. UI might display wrong with some aspect ratios.

The start options shouldnt show blank, you might have outdated gamefiles. YOu can check that in steam by right clicking arma3-> properties -> few pages right -> verify. Also make sure you have WLA addon enabled.

New small WLA Amalgamation update: Changed UI background box color to green and added option setting to hide those. More updates soon. Including more UI tweaks.

Thanks for the update SaOk :)

Changing the UI colors is a step in the right direction honestly. It's more pleasant to my eyes having a green background color than a bright-ish pink.

The mission popups are still being displayed in pink though as well as some other infos such as wounded team members and carrying hints, no space in inventory, at the bottom right.

After all I'd prefer to have no background colored box at all. Is it possible for you to give the font an outline, e.g. black font, orange-ish outline, or orange font with black outline?

Example:

Apply_Outline_To_Wordart_Text___Then_Select_Style.PNG

If it's not possible to have outlines, how about shadows? A simple text shadow should work well for readability during day while still maintaining the brightness and readability during night.

Also I couldn't find out the combination to disable the UI, what's the combo? It's not listed in the hotkey section either.

Edited by ChuWie

The GUI Boxes setting is in shift+1 options. There is outlines for the GUI text, not sure yet if the color can be changed. Quite new in UI scripting, but working on it more. Will make the hint/dialogue boxes also depend on that option setting.

Is there a way to make enemy spawn further away? in my game they just pop out all around me at 500 - 600m and sometimes i can see them spawn in.