SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Thanks for fixing the bugs of the greenbag base and the construction placement :)

While playing around with the new medic system I observed 2 things:

- revived units and myself too are immediately in the stand-state when being revived. Would it be possible to have the prone-state after being revived?

It would not only look better, but also keeps revived units in cover, at least until they decide to go rambo mode again :D

- I also observed an increased amount of stuck units. They can get unstucked via the menu but after re-positioning these units are still in the stuck-state. Only deleting them is the only option.

Speaking of being stuck. Anybody else experiencing being stuck sometimes when attempting to get into some jeeps from RHS:Escalation mod?

Trying to unstuck myself via menu moves me to another position but still keeps me stuck. Only a mission restart can solve it.

I tried to reproduce it at the editor, but there I could get in and use the jeeps without getting stuck.

Thanks, :) I will try to add more animation transitions but units getting stuck is limiting it. Also much of the animations dont seem to work for player. But adding tweaks. Later if they add ragdoll enabliding that could also made things look more natural. The conflict between ragdoll and static animation was probably cause why they didnt include advance first aid from arma2.

Fighting against unit getting stucked if tricky, but will try to add some tweaks for that. Will probably allow to clone the stucked units but add some penalty so player wouldnt use it when they get injured.

For player getting stucked, could also add button to respawn.

Hello,

I'm facing a problem with your mission.

First of all thank you for creating this mission , it is awesome and I have fun with my friends on it .

I am French so please excuse me for my English ( thank you google translation ^^)

My problem is the backup on my server when it restarts the whole mission is reset , how to keep the progress of the mission before a restart ? and then install the backup after a restart ?

The restart is done manually and not automatically

My friends and I progressont lot about Altis but every restart we lose everything ...

Thank you in advance, Sincerely, Nealll .

Thanks, there should be autosave every around 30min. Admin can also save anytime in shift+1 menu. When starting the mission later then and not changing parameter via role selecting lobby, it should load the current progress. But player gear/location/personal resources are not saved, only the overall progress is saved including e.g. posts/camps/prestige/map platoons...

But working very soon on the COOP.

Thank you for your quick answer, but if I have understood as admin I can save in one and then shift + 1 restore this backup after restart , is it really her ? Because I do not see at all how to put a backup.

I'm sorry if I wasted your time.

You can only save during the mission, not load. Admin can save in shift+1 menu, also autosave update the same savefile every around 30min. When server is started next time, it loads the save automatically (unless you disable that in parameters, can be accessed in player role selecting lobby).

ok! Thank you very much for your help!

I have one final question concerning the minefield, I can not run it, when I made shift + L nothing happens, but I am HEMTT Transport always with me.

The minefield function could be broken in COOP, will check it.

Ok, thank you for your help and your patience. Have a nice day .

I forgot it was the key for that too. Using it also for draging. Will fix it for next update.

New WLA: Amalgamation update: Yell and punch working again, added virtual shape for special structures and early work to add object templates (tiny CSAT firecamps are now randomly made from templates)

You're the freakin best. Seriously, this mod is the mod of mods.

The only thing I could think of that would make it better would be the option to give the player superpowers... Prototype-esque brute force as if you were biologically engineered for the mission. I hate being an I idea guy, I need to learn to code.

An actually good suggestion I had was to implement selling weapons you loot. It would have a two fold effect of strengthening the local resistance and also giving prestige or some kind of bonus you choose.

Maybe make it a mission where you have an order for a small/medium/large (you choose) crate of guns and/or munitions that you fill with your own stock and deliver. CSAT doesn't use the black market and a big part of the game is looting.

I could easily grow upon the idea but that's the basis. It's always been an idea but I've never in all this time found the time to post it.

Edited by foodstuffs

Thanks :), weapon selling could be nice. Would be bit similar to stealing, but have some different effect on ambient life. Will see. :) Adding definitely more dynamic tasks that player could do.

Partly in small pause with the consept. Creating new compact fast-paced ~6 player COOP mission that is coming quick and should be out in week. Will be able to use much material in WLA too (e.g. made the new virtual shape orginally for this new COOP). Working on WLA COOP update also very soon.

Hi, does anyone know roughly how many servers host the CO-OP version?

Also, is headless client still available for this mission?

What do you feel about people modifying the CO-OP version for their own server?

Thanks for everything SaOk, I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks :), I believe currently there isnt many open servers running, only small groups playing. Many waiting the new COOP version. There is no yet headless client, I tryed including that in ArmA3 beta, but then it was still bugged. But looking into that too soon. You can freely edit the mission for own server, but could be risky that something breaks.

How to disable this Medical Safe Zones or something? Everytime i try to spot Targets (Key "T") there appears a kind of cursor and a message popups :(

Ok, I will change that hotkey for next update.

Thanks that would be great. I´ll wait until the update, i didnt play actually cause this permanent popup of the message is disturbing my gameplay :(

Hello SaOk... Sorry my bad eng))... I can not begin to pass the mission - video at the beginning of the script does not end, mission not running... What to do?

Hi, most likely you have outdated or corrupted game files. You will need to right click arma3 on steam -> properties -> few pages left -> verify local files.

You can find latest mission version here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c9teb12jubx88qf/SPWholeLottaAltis.7z

And required WLA addon here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78e2wypdx0ja5p9/%40SaOk.7z

Both also on workshop, which is the easiest way to install.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173155826

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=422592108

WLA addon needs to be activated in game launcher. Else there is warnining message loop and much features wont work (probably whole mission breaks).

Hey SAok, I had a question. When I capture enemy camps not military posts, is there a way to delete if I don't want to maintain them or have them there. One time I had a crap ton and they were dragging the game performance down.