SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Public service announcement:

http://i.imgur.com/xug9As6.jpg (525 kB)

Don't call support drops near the coast!

EDIT: almost forgot... SaOk, would it be possible to fully repair any vehicles dropped in right after they hit the ground? i'm getting a bit tired of everything having busted wheels.

Hey SaOk I want to thank you for the distance tweak you did for placing objects. It's a god send and makes base building a lot easier and quicker!

Also I was wondering, is there a way to get Konyo's SOAR CH47 Chinook as a construction vehicle like the Mohawk?

Another thing, on the note of Zeus, I've noticed that if you place a vehicle with Zeus and then get in and drive and use it. It'll remain in the game when doing the save\load\respawn. Versus spawning one and just leaving it sit there. I'm assuming it has something to do with when it says the vehicle can be used to collect gear. I was wondering what scripts you use in conjunction with making a vehicle gear collecting enabled. Might be a way to use them or some with inanimate objects to get them to stay in the scenario. Thus allowing for some custom bases, like a air control tower haha.

Edited by Evmeister88

I agree some of the little immersion changes would make all the difference, because right now you and a squad get dropped on an island to investigate and suddenly two vehicles drop from nowhere and vehicles that don't really have anything to do with construction but you can build a base with them..

That and a nice polished UI would go a long way i think, then again i always have lots of ideas when playing that i think would be great but probably arent :p

Engineer can be used to fix wheels. Not much way to avoid paradrops to ocean, but I try to tweak the story/task related drops to have bigger distance from shoreline.

That chinook would be great, can you copy the classname from editor? It can be get when choosing the chopper at top right corner. When player or team-mate is in vehicle that is storing the classname and position. Easy to spawn it back then. Need to keep the data storing quite controlled. Would be possible to save much more stuff on map, but not sure if it would be worth of it and if there is some limitation how much you can store in profilenamespace. But additions coming time to time.

The story is very WIP, mostly just as placeholder. When getting features more finished, will probably recreate the whole story part. Maybe the expansion is out then and could use the new map and opfor side as the playable side. Orginall meant to have only heavy trucks to be used for constructing, but it started feeling dull to always drive only the small truck so thought the price factor is better way. Prefering to use hunter now, would just hope it would have few more seats.

Ideas are always welcome ;)

Edit: Btw the splendid camera is having a bug to prevent creating some nice vehicle scenes to YouTube videos. You can vote it here, even probably only keeping me bit more away from updating the mission ;)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23680

Just kidding, but excited to try editing some videos too. Those vids come quite quick, since can just follow the generated events on map.

Edited by SaOk

I tried to buy a UAV (the quad rotor backpack one) in the gear shop, but is seems i can only buy the independent version, and can't use it... (all 3 versions available change to independent once bought)

Any way to fix this?

Probably the same issue had with UAV terminals. Will try to fix it soon.

Thinking of starting a series with this. I'm still trying to get the format down:

Thanks for doing it :) Working also on new musicvid but its coming slowly, later will try also with mods if its getting more stable.

Managed to make tool to get listen and copy source of all voice-acting used in the game. Hope to add some more optional lines, but as downside most of the voices are too detailed fitting only to fixed events.

Working also on new musicvid but its coming slowly, later will try also with mods if its getting more stable.

Hey SaOK! Great work on all the single player improvements! I'm dying to see those changes in the MP version, please, do you have a timeline for that?

Your mission is pretty much the only one wort running for me and my friends, and my server is yearning for that sweet new code.

Please update the multiplayer files!

Thanks again for all the fantastic work. Really sorry you didn't win anything in the arma not war contest, I voted for you.

Just wanted to say thanks again for this great mission! Pretty much the only ArmA mission I've played for the past 4-5 months. Its great to see how its evolved over that time.

And thanks for making it work with so many maps! Returning to Takistan with all the low walls and new weapon resting system is fantastic. Just had the greatest fire fight I've ever experienced in the ArmA series yet. Ended up having to withdraw behind a wall of smoke grenades.

Back to liberating Takistan!

Okay...

First off sorry about this because I'm sure it has been asked... But, after back tracking 16 pages I lost the will to live...

Can we play this on Kunduz? and what is the island name to add to the file for Kunduz... eg... "WholeLottaAltis.Chernarus.pbo"...

Cheers slexy peeps...

Thanks (for voting too), :) aiming to work on COOP update in few weeks. Its bit late but coming. Hope to get the new platoon system running good too since there can be some big locality problems, but will do testing.

Adding FSF Al Rayak and Kunduz soon, also more mod templates.

Hey guys,

does anybody have any suggestions for a gear mod similar to VAS but capable of outfitting AI teammates? I was using Outfit_Gear but it's not updating anymore and by 1.42, it doesnt even show the Navid and the SPMG. I thought I ask it here coz SaOk used to have his own modification to VAS that allows us to refit AI loadouts on the fly... cheers

What i do set up loadouts using the Arsenal, so AT, AA, LMG etc and then save them using Outfit_Gear and use that to load them in WLA. Its a very quick way of getting yourself and AI team geared up. Of course i only do this at base etc, i dont just reload my AT when out on a mission. Works pretty good i think.

What i do set up loadouts using the Arsenal, so AT, AA, LMG etc and then save them using Outfit_Gear and use that to load them in WLA. Its a very quick way of getting yourself and AI team geared up. Of course i only do this at base etc, i dont just reload my AT when out on a mission. Works pretty good i think.

So the idea is to use Arsenal in conjunction with Outfit_Gear... nice one mate. Cheers

There isn't a way to not take damage is there? The usual "player allowdamage false;" doesn't work in WLA. Trying to test some things out.

wrong thead, need COOP WLA asap ;)

Edited by Dwarden

Is the 'skip' button on the opening cinematic supposed to be missing?

No, it's an issue that occurs in combination with the current CBA.

More missions other than WLA are affected by this as well.

However, the CBA dev team is aware of the issue and it will be fixed for the next CBA version > link

edit:

Seems they put out a hotfix already :D

>click<

Edited by ChuWie