SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

This may be a dumb question, but how do I stop enemies from constantly spawning into an area I just cleared, or even directly in front of me?

I will test the takistan soon, but strange. It should work the same way.

Ideal would be that AI dont spawn directly in front of player. I need to look into that too. Could be some task/guarded house related. You can only calm areas if there is no CSAT camps inside 6km radius. I wanted to keep things chaotic so player wouldnt be the only man that seem to move on the map.

Got new SSD and made new music cinema video: :)

Unfortunately the H-key bug and the soldier order numbers are still bugged :(

I also noticed another strange thing.

A function of ACE mod realizes that the avatar (own soldier) is muted and only the AI is speaking. This is very handy for my usage with speech recognition software but;

in WLA the avatar is still speaking the orders. On every other mission that I tested he is quiet as supposed to be.

Is there a way to change that and let ACE mod forbid him to speak as for every other mission? :D

I can't even load the sound mod with the dropbox version. I can't use the steam version because of the download bug.

I can't take a picture of it but it says some file is missing in a .bin folder that I don't think exists in my arma 3 folder...

it cannot find "locationtypes.cfg" even though I have the sound mod installed through steam and dropbox.

You need to remove the old WLA sound addon in workshop. Most likely that conflicts. Use only dropbox or the new WLA addon in workshop. I tryed the dropbox version just to be sure and its working normally. Remember to check the @SaOk folder isnt doubled (should be arma3\@saok\addons).

I will look into that speak and those other issues.

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 23:40 ----------

Played again with splendid camera mode and video editing.

I will test the takistan soon, but strange. It should work the same way.

Ideal would be that AI dont spawn directly in front of player. I need to look into that too. Could be some task/guarded house related. You can only calm areas if there is no CSAT camps inside 6km radius. I wanted to keep things chaotic so player wouldnt be the only man that seem to move on the map.

Thanks for getting back to me. Aside from that problem this mission is one of the best experiences outside of the campaign. I've come across another bug though. I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but it appears that when you complete an objective the icon for the task is still present. For example, after setting up a guard post for a town, the red icon is still there and if I do more missions after a while I will see a huge amount of icons everywhere.

Thanks, good to know will check that. Probably related the to the recent changes.

Very likely. Speaking of which, do you think the new changes to how objectives are created/viewed via End Game will require an overhaul of WLA?

Only suggestions I have is to improve the UI and fix the few remaining English translation errors. Currently it can be pretty hard to read parts of the menus since it is transparent and the text is fairly bright. Overall the best fully-fledged mission I've seen yet, especially with the sound mod. Adds a very nice touch.

Question: When I play the mission I definitely need the sound mod for the best experience, but when I'm not planning on playing WLA does the sound mod affect anything else? Can I leave the mod enabled while I play something else?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

New WLA: Amalgamation update: Corrected the village distance problems (didnt spot until now that the locations are 300m under ground). +some other fixes.

I will need to check the end game, especially interested of the new revire for WLA COOP. I wil gather soon all the text for correctioning. ;) Menus definitely also need tweaking. The WLA addon dont affect in other missions unless those use content on purpose (or if there is automatic music detection). It shouldnt break anything if left on but cant be 100% sure.

Edit: Reuploaded - one more smaller fix.

Edited by SaOk

Sure, will try to include it in very near update. But getting rid of possible bugs is still main focus, after the big changes under the hood.

Latest WLA also broke the mod "WW_AIMenu" or better the keyinput to access the menu of it. :(

Only on WLA, tested successfully with other maps.

Tested also with CBA RC4 and RC6.

taking prisoners seems to be broken for me. it just says "wait here". even with a pow camp built it doesn't have the option.

Also markers like "take water barrel here" aren't disappearing.

I thought I fixed that water barrel marker, but rechecking. Also will fix the POW. Most likely forgot to update something after the changes.

There is currently stream going showing WLA SP on chernarus:

http://www.twitch.tv/eVoVitaminX

Thanks for your free advertising SaoK, kinda flattering :D

Unfortunately kinda short stream with unexpected stuff happening and a very sad game crash at the end that led to autosave not functioning :(

Never had a crash before since couple of days.

(Probably ACE mod or the new CBA in conjunction with RHS.)

Also the game capture of OBS was bugged at the end and didn't want to capture anymore, darn. So I had to end.

Might be back in a few minutes again after sorting out some stuff.

pinch me, did I hear there an update coming to the co-op?

Me and my team LOVE co-op WLA :)

Hey SaOk, could we get support to use Tempest (Typhoon) trucks to construct things?

I love me a Tempest (i even play WLA dressed in full CSAT gear... it's a bit messed up)

Nope, thanks for the superb stream ;), watched it too for some 30minutes. Chernarus is looking very smooth. I hope the crashing willl be passing issue. But started getting new ideas for the captured areas. Should add some CSAT recon and SF-teams appear sometimes (following some rules). Also some more assault events over the green borderline especially for higher difficulties.

COOP is bit late and there will be massive work, but should be ready to work on it in two weeks.

I will add the Tempests. Could also rework the feature to allow using any vehicle, but tiny cars/tanks and unknown mod vehicle classes could have very high cost factor. As new feature there could be some called task to bring in AI driven contstruct truck. Player should protect it some 1km route but if it survives the constructing cost could be cut to much less until player moves away from the location.

Noticed there is still some post objects getting missing sometimes. Need to get that fixed very soon.

Edit: Noticed there is quite much soldier swimming when playing with Chernarus. Will look into that too.

Edit2: Good action, stucked to watch the 3h session from tape ;)

Edited by SaOk

Slight issues here:

http://i.imgur.com/R1RSrhb.jpg (561 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/mqhjhuU.jpg (708 kB)

First: James jumped out of the helicopter then got hit by it when it did a strange half-landing... then vanished, now he's 24 million kilometres away and moving fast

Second: (this is something you can fix, not an issue with arma) In the castle of Kastro near Kavala, you can see the guys from the start of the mission, and thing is... they're indestructible, no gunfire nor wrath of god can hurt them.

Also, on the tone of bugs, it seems impossible to buy anything from Kavala, you purchase vehicles from the local shop but they never even show up.

But on a more positive note - Excellent mission! i'm very much enjoying what i can of it between game breaking bugs, crashes, lag, and save file destruction. (no sarcasm)

Thanks, suprising things happening to James :D Fixed the actors to be removed right. In Kalava the vehicles appear normally for me, but keeping eye on it. Added Tempest for next update. Also quite many other fixes and as requested feature player now repack magazines with CTRL + R and added new crate (later trying to get the mod crates include too).

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

New WLA: Amalgamation update. Added ability to repack mags with ctrl+r and tweaks/fixes. Should be more compatible with mod custom buttons now.

Good action, stucked to watch the 3h session from tape ;)

Haha, nice to hear that you enjoyed it :D

I even used Twitch's official music library for the 2nd part of the stream and still the VOD is muted at some parts, damn.

Huge thanks for still maintaining this awesome project (playing it since quite a long time already) and your efforts in always optimizing, tweaking, bug fixing, and adding more cool stuff!!

Keep up the good work with WLA, it's a blast playing and having so much choices and random things that are always happening. :)

Since a long time still one of my most top favorite missions in ArmA!