SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

WLA: Amalgamation

http://imageshack.com/a/img35/2849/z24n.jpg

Description:

A Dynamic Whole Map SP/COOP mission focusing on smooth performance, offering wide customization options and full freedom for gameplay in random generated world events that react on player's actions. Where ever you go, there is life and events to see depending local relationship values and what kind of enemy/friendly installations there happens currently to be. Capture factories, piers, power plants to get resources faster to custom build AI guarded guardposts with custom easy-to-use constructing system or spend it to call more support that you can high command if wanted. Or drive any land vehicle, chopper or plane, capturing dynamic generating zones around map. Keep local civilians happy by commiting tasks for them or turn them rioting by raiding villages for more resources. Experience the campaign long mission run by over 400 scripts that are constantly updated and expanded.

Overview:

Situation on Altis is unclear, the last reports indicate Persian invasion. Greek have been unwilling to give us any intel yet, but is believed to prepare assault on the island to protect his army installations on the island. Your team will be sent there to investigate the island status for our knowledge.

Special Thanks:

-Victor "[FR] Helios" Ragot for Extra Music Tracks

-Benjamin "Jin" Pratt for Voice-Acting (WIP) in Civ Conversations

-"Zafjr" for Voice-Acting (WIP), intro voice, some civ-voices/soldier voices

-Elliott "Snaked" Jordan" for Voice-Acting (WIP) in Attack/Defend-events

-ss3goku0001 for Text Improvements

-Xephspacer for epic mission trailer

Whoah ! @SaOk.

After migrating from ArmA2 where I spent a lot of time in SP Warfare BE, this is the first mission I've seen which has the same kind of feel to it. But I have the same problem I had with WFBE. Low frame rates, or more specifically sluggish controls. I find usually A3 can go down to ~20-25 fps but the controls are still responsive, but getting very sluggish here. In WFBE the author instructed me to edit out a few AI groups in the script files, which I did. This improved performance. Is the way I can do this with WLA: Amalgamation ?

Plus being new to this maybe there's more I can set in the various menu's to improve performance ?

I also had problems calling drops on the coast; they would end up in the sea.

Otherwise this mission is bringing my A3 on Duala fully alive ! :yay::cool:

I tried last night to play with devbranch - no chance. There must be some issues with a couple of mods. And i dont play Arma without mods ^^ Tried 3 times, it crashed 3 times before the intro has ended

If anyone of you are having crash issues and running DEV or RC release, i think its related to the RHS mod. Try removing that to see if it helps. I havent tried the last additions however.

As for frames, in the last 2 versions i've been playing and seem to always stay about 30+ frames. Try checking MODS running and/or game settings. This mission is the best optimized missions i've played to date with the amount of things happening dynamically so i highly doubt the missions itself is at fault.

New WLA Amalgamation update: More tweaks/small addition for camera monitoring system + other tweaks and much new icons for tasks (found in game config's).

All bug reports are always good.

Thanks :), there is spawning/deleting loops. Not much performance can be saved in that area. In scripts, the biggest extra boost currently can be waited if they enable setvariable and getvariable to work with default map locations. Still improving scripts all the time.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23251

Without mods (except WLA sound addon), havent got crashes for over week now. Kunduz could be nice, will check it soon.

Edit: Small update. Marked plane teams should work better (fly much higher/correct insertion direction) + other tweaks

Edited by SaOk

It works fine here on the dev branch with the only mods being MCC + CBA + Dragonfyre

RHS crashes it, as do Robert Hammer's M4/M16s

It's going to be amazing when they're all working again with bipods + ACE3

If you want me frames, try other maps. I get a much better frame rate in Chernarus than I do in Altis. This is another reason why I think updating WLS would be a good idea, as the map is a lot smaller.

Kunduz could be nice, will check it soon.

Its a great map! But still some areas to improve which he is already on it. I mentioned it earlier, and about adopting additional unit MODS, but honestly, i was playing on Takistan using the AAF Desert replacement MOD and i loved it. For these desert style maps, i think using the AAF Desert mod is a must have for those looking to try them in the future :)

Tasks could have issues on small maps but will see :)

Noticed the workshop is broken to update mission (even the overview and update log get updated normally), so currently the mission is many weeks old if played through that. :( Made ticket to vote:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23528

Edited by SaOk

I found a trick to make it load right file when playing via workshop. Have game shut down, then delete [dyn%2fsp]%20whole%20lotta%20altis.altis and WLA%3a%20Amalgamation.Altis folders in username\files\arma 3\saved\steam (I have files-folder in finnish, not sure its called for you).

As for frames, in the last 2 versions i've been playing and seem to always stay about 30+ frames. Try checking MODS running and/or game settings. This mission is the best optimized missions i've played to date with the amount of things happening dynamically so i highly doubt the missions itself is at fault.

Yes, you were right. Thought I had my A3 set up right, but no. Disabled all unneeded mods. Trawled through all A3 and RadeoPro settings. Found that A3 was not in full screen mode which upped the frames a lot. Now I'm at 25 to 30 fps. Dips down occasionally to ~20 but I no longer have sluggish controls

Man wish there was a way to use MCC's object editor for making bases. Takes a while using the construction thing from the mod. I mean you can place objects using mcc but they won't stay when you do the custom save/load which is the only real way to maintain your game progress. Easier to keep everything straight too. Maybe increase the number of steps when use the "move" option. Like instead 5 make it 10. Don't know how difficult that would be.

Still loving your mod though SaOk. It's the only thing I play on Arma 3.

I found 2 new(?) bugs.

- Starter Tips (H button) no longer working after restarting from ingame menu

: Start a game, save via 0-0-0, hit escape, press "Restart", back at the WLA welcome screen the H button already has no function anymore from now on.

/ H-Button will work again when going to Arma's mission main menu and select the WLA mission again.

: H-Button will lose it's functionality already when the game was not even fully started. Select WLA from Arma's mission menu, skip the intro, at the welcome screen press Escape (might press it twice), Restart, back at WLA welcome screen H-Button is already no longer working.

- Squad soldier numbers (2, 3, 4, 5) getting messed up after reloading a saved game

: Start a new game as game type "Recon" or "Standard", once in game save via 0-0-0, hit escape, press "Restart", load/continue previous save via WLA, the Soldiers are now counted from Soldier 6- onwards instead of 2, 3, 4, etc.

Recon: 6, 7, 8, 9

Standard: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Tested on stable branch, fresh *.vars file, vanilla Arma (no mods), WLA version CRC32: 1B7B7844 (we still want version numbers for WLA SaOk :D)

Cheers

Edited by ChuWie

New WLA: Amalgamation update (dropbox only): Quite big optimizations + tweaks. Bit test-release since rewrote how the village data is stored.

Thanks, I hope to improve the construct system more soon. Having own system with spawning/deleting loops and custom effets on various features so MCC and Zeus cant be supported good. But may add flying camera at some point. Tweaked the 5m to 25m for next update. That limit is quite extra, just wanted block some cheating but it matter much less in SP.

There was some issue in displayEventHandlers that required to reset all custom keys after loading. That breaks the H-button. Will try to finally soon test it more if its gone or I have missed something. Will fix the soldier number, probably spawning those too early when there is still default group to be deleted.

Man wish there was a way to use MCC's object editor for making bases. Takes a while using the construction thing from the mod. I mean you can place objects using mcc but they won't stay when you do the custom save/load which is the only real way to maintain your game progress. Easier to keep everything straight too. Maybe increase the number of steps when use the "move" option. Like instead 5 make it 10. Don't know how difficult that would be.

Still loving your mod though SaOk. It's the only thing I play on Arma 3.

You can save and load setups in MCC though, may not be the best solution but it does work.

In the last version i wasnt able to order Artillery like the MLRS or Scorcher. The option was not there^^

Artillery support is now only via the marked platoons. The BIS module was too unstable and not customizable. With own system can support both virtual/spawned state arty and remove the used ammo from platoon data. Later would like to add proper resupply costs for artillery (and other vehicles) especially for higher difficulties (or it could be separate setting).

New WLA: Amalgamation update (dropbox only): Quite big optimizations + tweaks. Bit test-release since rewrote how the village data is stored.

Thanks, I hope to improve the construct system more soon. Having own system with spawning/deleting loops and custom effets on various features so MCC and Zeus cant be supported good. But may add flying camera at some point. Tweaked the 5m to 25m for next update. That limit is quite extra, just wanted block some cheating but it matter much less in SP.

There was some issue in displayEventHandlers that required to reset all custom keys after loading. That breaks the H-button. Will try to finally soon test it more if its gone or I have missed something. Will fix the soldier number, probably spawning those too early when there is still default group to be deleted.

Flying cam would be cool, honestly though I can totally wait. Merely a hope in the future. The distance tweak you did for the next update will help plenty! You're doing great stuff and honestly should have won in MANW. The fact that you're still going on speaks volumes!

You can save and load setups in MCC though, may not be the best solution but it does work.

This is true, I'll have to give it a try. I've used Ares save\load and that one worked well.

The mission will start require the WLA sound addon soon. Going to change the camps and posts also to use custom locations (made in that addon) so will be faster to find the closest settlements and also store and receive data faster. Made also ticket for BIS if they would add more default locations. Then could return to have the mission as addon-free. But currently moving to require the addon.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23563

More features and events/tasks coming soon too, but want to do these changes for possible performance boost. ;)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Location

Hi SaOk, the latest update seems to broke to SHIFT+1 menu.

Pressing SHIFT+1 does brings up the WLA menu, but pressing the "Call Support"

or "Wait Time" just closes it, doesnt bring up the corresponding menu at all..

Dont know if the problem is on my end though. Anybody else experiencing this?

Restarting from scratch doesnt fix the problem.

Hi SaOk, the latest update seems to broke to SHIFT+1 menu.

Pressing SHIFT+1 does brings up the WLA menu, but pressing the "Call Support"

or "Wait Time" just closes it, doesnt bring up the corresponding menu at all..

Dont know if the problem is on my end though. Anybody else experiencing this?

Restarting from scratch doesnt fix the problem.

Also happened to me and I had to return to the previous version.

Sorry, accidentally removed some functions when cleaning. Those will work again in next update, but not sure if able to prepare it for today. New changes will need much testing.

Sorry, accidentally removed some functions when cleaning. Those will work again in next update, but not sure if able to prepare it for today. New changes will need much testing.

Cheers mate

I'm going to play the hell out of this because of the new DLC... God damn amazing, they never said anything about MOUNTING bipods. Can't wait for your update, if it isn't already out.

New WLA: Amalgamation test update (dropbox only) - New version of WLA Sound Addon required to play (from dropbox only currently): Rewrote the core for posts and camps, should keep things bit more smooth + some other tweaks.

Using now custom CfgLocationTypes classes so thats why the addon is now required. Tried to upload it to workshop too but it failed. Trying again tommorrow.

Edited by SaOk

I just updated to the latest version and it's not recognizing when I'm in a town when playing on Takistan, Altis works correctly. When I enter the marked area I no longer see the town's information such as specialty on the left side and when I open the Shift-1 menu the buy option is not available. I also tried a water delivery mission and it wasn't recognizing the water being dropped off in the town.