SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

I will no longer post rant of loosing, but can still answer to thoughts. Else returning to hobby.

I'm must say that this is the problem with this contest involving so much money : turning a hobby into something else. That's a very bad message sent to the modding community, or what is left of it. Modding is, and must remain, a hobby. Those who absolutely want to monetize it should do something else, in my very humble opinion.

That said, i appreciate your work very much, and enjoy it a lot :)

SaOk atleast had the strength to pull over it, CSE and AGM both closed today.

Just go hard knowing you really are making the best mod out there for this entire god damn series.

Seriously this replaces RTSes for me AND gives me my hardcore sim fix. It's almost like an RTS with insane micromanagement available that you play on the ground.

This game needs a Black Tackleneck mod though.. Maybe even a slightly darker Black Tackleneck mod!

Thanks :), yes having money involved this way (everything or nothing) was bad idea. Still the upcoming possible paid community projects is interesting to me, I have to admit. At the end it would be my biggest dream to do game content for living too (could be some other game too, or some Indie Project made with unity). Incase I manage to expand the consept much more to proper state and they allow single player content, would be very cool to try it (unless BIS got pissed at me). I hope it wouldnt upset people too much. Would still keep the current mission version on that day free, but maybe have then some low priced (e.g 5 euros) separate version continuening to have more expanding features. But will see if will be possibility some day. Just to warn bit in advance. If it goes bad, then just will continue as hobby. At the end, players can choose if they buy or not, and modders are free to go and come.

New WLA: Amalgamation SP update: Marked CSAT teams to carry land vehicles via air now active + tweaking/optimizations.

hello,

first of all i wanted to thank SaOk very much for putting so much effort in this ingenious mod!!!

IT'S GREAT! :)

yesterday i tried the MP-version with a few friends. after an hour i saved the game but i couldn't figure out how to load it again. i know arma often has various script issues when loading a saved MP game but i wanted to ask if there's a workaround for that, or if it's just not possible? i was hosting the game on my pc, would hosting on a dedicated server fix any of this loading problems?

thanks in advance!

New WLA: Amalgamation SP update: Added team-mate cam (Shift+8) + some tweaks.

Currently cant edit the PiPs to have some nice effects, you can support the related bug ticket here: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=10999

Thanks, :) the MP save should load automatically if not disabling it from mission parameters (via role selecting lobby before starting the mission). When admin saved in shift+1 or autosave occurs, only the overall mission progress is saved, but not player positions/weapons/persoal resources. Improving probably that at some point.

Edit: Reuploaded, fixed some bugs related to quite recent changes in platoons "tech". Edited by SaOk

New WLA: Amalgamation SP update: In Shift+8 you can now select the first cam to appear on side while playing.

Edit: Reupload with one more error fix (new platoon "tech" related again) Edited by SaOk

I played now the previous update for ~ 2hours on Reshmaan, was working fine until my favorite (NOT) error occured which has ended my visit on Reshmaan. When my Game crash it always crash with a PhysX3_x86.dll message. I noticed frequently PhysX crashes when using the RHS Escalation mod, dont matter if use only US or only Russian or both of the addons. When i play with RHS i can be sure that a PhysX error will stop my game^^ Sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after 2hours.

I played now the previous update for ~ 2hours on Reshmaan, was working fine until my favorite (NOT) error occured which has ended my visit on Reshmaan. When my Game crash it always crash with a PhysX3_x86.dll message. I noticed frequently PhysX crashes when using the RHS Escalation mod, dont matter if use only US or only Russian or both of the addons. When i play with RHS i can be sure that a PhysX error will stop my game^^ Sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after 2hours.

Annoying man. I had similar issues in the past and it was doing it in vanilla! Eventually it stopped and i have no idea what changed. My only guess is it was probably an update to the grame and/or nVidia drivers... I hope it works out eventually for ya

FYI, are you on DEV or RC branch release? If so i was testing one of my missions and experienced the same crash. Must be RHS if you're on one of those versions i would safely assume. THey do have an update ready to go once 1.42x is officially released. Fingers crossed.

In my opinion BI seems to be too much incompetent to create a working PhysX.dll. They are fiddling around with this PhysX file over 1 full year, everytime i ´ve read a Patch changlog and there is written "Fixed PhysX crashes" and similiar crap i need to laugh. No shit, my last 15 crashes was every time a Physx.dll crash. Since i´ve buried the hope they would eventually start to optimize the prehistoric Engine i dont care about this feedback tracking crap. They dont fix it at all ^^

Since my last posting i played without problems and good Performance on Sauerland map, until now. Of course: Physx.dll crash. (This time i didnt have even RHS mod active)

The best to create always a bug ticket to feedback center when it crashes. Pack bidmp, mdmp and rpt files to 7z that have the same filename in username/appdata/local/arma 3. I have made the tickets look like this recently and those have got assigned quickly:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23165

Remember to have separate ticket for each crash.

Can never be sure, but for me DEV-build have been recently very stable at least for mission editing/quick mission testing. Seems like the most common early game crash that haunted me for 0,5-1 year is finally gone.

I would love to use the dev version but there is a thing i cant deal with: this crappy black box in middle of the screen when some scripting errors occurs.

If you know how to disable it feel free to tell me :)

Error messages should be very rare or near none unless there is badly made addons in use that probably just destroy the performance. ;) I dont think there is a way to turn off errors in DEV-build. But the next official patch is close, maybe it will be much more stable.

Thanks, :) the MP save should load automatically if not disabling it from mission parameters (via role selecting lobby before starting the mission). When admin saved in shift+1 or autosave occurs, only the overall mission progress is saved, but not player positions/weapons/persoal resources. Improving probably that at some point.

ahhh, now i get it :) thanks very much for the help!

New WLA: Amalgamation update: Certain post objects and player's last used vehicle have now cams that can be watched in Shift+8, also added night/thermal visions and some other tweaks to the system. Edited by SaOk

Cool, will try it in a few minutes. Actually changed my game to devbranch, will take a look to the performance

i have a questions... if i want to test and make good and EFFICACE report for Saok... do i must intall this devbranch ? i have a lot of hours of testing on this mission, with a lot of things to note... :)

Edited by ppavia

Thanks in advance :), both game builds are good. Usully official build is more stable, but currently it opposite. Still next official build is coming probably during next week (since there is already RC available).

ok... i think i got the principe...my fear is to "broke" my game... I LOVE editing stuff...but i LOVE playing too :p

sry for my ignorance hehe :o

Edit: i think i continue in "stable" for now. cause i dont have the time.

My LAST question saok is: is my informations about bugs usless if im not in devbranch version ? so i can avoid to tell inutil stuff :)

Edited by ppavia