SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

WHAT????

First: your mission deserves winning this. I am not meaning the others are bad, but you really made something different.

You, and a guy that made a great mission in the OFP times, inspired me to make Antistasi as you have raised a lot the horizon of "what can be done with the Arma Editor".

I'm really sorry to see this.

I cannot BELIEVE your mission didn't win. I've played all of those, and seriously, I don't get it. I've been with WLA/WLS + pilgrimage since the beginning, and I'd never have guessed this outcome. Especially when you listen to the fans and implement so many good features, maps, mechanics and so on.

Anyway, I voted for you.

SaOk, you deserve an "Honorable Mention" from BIS for all the community support, but at least you´ve got the finalist status, and a huuuuuuuuge line of admirers =)

Keep ArmA community ALIVE ;) (pun intended)

cheers!

Sorry about not winning.. that's criminal, this mod makes the game into probably the ultimate shooter.

The votes got him into the final, the rest is done by the jury.

On a side note, I really need to get into playing this mission, it looks top notch but I've never got round to it.

A warning :P if you do start to play this... you won't stop so easy :) I stopped the arma3 official campaign because of this! (or at least put it on the side for now lol)

Btw, what other mission/campaign can you continue after BI patched your arma3. ;) SaOk is the scripting master! :P

Edited by mike187

Sorry you didnt make the top 3 man. You're always welcome to add a Donations link ;) I'm sure a lot of people wouldnt mind throwing a few bucks at ya for the hard work and effort which might go a long way if you have a lot of fans like ourselves.

Shocked this didn't make it to top 3?!

Dynamic missions have always been a prefered choice for many sandbox fans and none comes close to matching the the scope of this beauty. The sheer amount of options alone should have placed it in the top 3. It really sucks and damn thats alot of $$$ they were throwing around I had no idea...please everyone support and donate to this guy.

I am absolutely shocked this did not win. WLA is why I still play ARMA3. I have restarted the WLA mission on Altis, Chernarus, and Takistan countless times and not once did I care. The mission changes every time I choose to re-start and makes it all worth while. The constant updates and tweaking from the author show a huge amount of dedication and should have been rewarded.

Man, i'm really sorry for you, because i think you absolutely deserved it. Not sure what the jury's final decision was based on, i mean the winning entries are excellent as well, like Pilgrimage for example. But counting by replayability value, complexity of the mission (code-wise) and support from its creator it just had to make the top 3. Same thing with ALiVE btw., the most gamechanging mod ever created and it doesn't win anything, so sad.

Don't let this drag you down, so many people love this mission. If you really were after money as a compensation/appreciation for all the hard work, set up a donate page and i will happily donate to make up for this.

New WLA: Splendorous Buzzn Frog update: Added new platoon command menu button to remove waypoints or ordering to stay still, +some tweaks and new mission title to protest MANW results.

Thanks for all the supporting comments, really appreciate those. Without you, I wouldnt even have made in finals. I continue expanding the consept. Changed the project tittle for now as small protest againts MANW jury. Earlier also planned to change it but postboned it to post-MANW. Will still plan proper name especially when story is more finished.

Edit: I heard there is still some platoon vehicles vanishing when attacked. Will look into it tommorrow, other requested tweaks also coming.

Edit2: Tiny reupload, enabled some distant virtual ambient sounds play even when not in map view.

Edited by SaOk

New WLA: Splendorous Buzzn Frog update: Added new platoon command menu button to remove waypoints or ordering to stay still, +some tweaks and new mission title to protest MANW results.

Thanks for all the supporting comments, really appreciate those. Without you, I wouldnt even have made in finals. I continue expanding the consept. Changed the project tittle for now as small protest againts MANW jury. Earlier also planned to change it but postboned it to post-MANW. Will still plan proper name especially when story is more finished.

Edit: I heard there is still some platoon vehicles vanishing when attacked. Will look into it tommorrow, other requested tweaks also coming.

Edit2: Tiny reupload, enabled some distant virtual ambient sounds play even when not in map view.

Sad to hear you didn't make it on top 3 MANW. I like your mission is fucking great and genious on idea. I'm sad to heard the vote we did didn't do anything but made you finalist.

I'm glad you still doing updates on the most amazing sp mission on Arma 3 that the proof you are a big part of the arma community thank you so much SaOk.

Edited by Syncmaster

Thanks :), and sorry all bit lost it yesterday. Will prepare new mission update again today, changeing the mission title to more normal again.

Listen man you have every right to be outraged as it's near fucking outrageous this didn't even break 3. Its kept up with every fricken patch since inception working incessantly to make room for every major mod and map as well. Now let's talk functionality!! Actually working base building alongside resource points and almost mind numbing amount of tactical scenario and gameplay.

No offense to the winners as I'm sure they were very polished but honestly I don't enjoy being told stories as much as creating my own. Fricken pissed for you.

New WLA SP update: Land platoon can now only attack the most close platoons (mortar, arty, support, medical platoons try to flee behind the 120m barrier), added more fortress classes + some other tweaks. (New mission title still to add).

No worries, I am still very bissed off at jury - waiting reply from BIS.

seriously...you didnt win :confused::mad::butbut:

you must be proud off your work... its wonderfull to have a real war and exploration mission. a big big gaming lenght... im sad for u... i experienced this sadness but with a video contest... so i understand u.

keep it up, for me , this mission is historical.

PS... some bug i encountred today and yesterday...

/ When i die, i respawn and 2 sec after it switch player... same gear but not the same gun and if u ask mens to follow, its say *rejoing group* and they dont come

/ No more artillery avalable in shift1 choice. maybe i miss a info.

/ *Detail* shift 5 to push vehicule is not referenced in key info

and dont be sad, your misssion i wonderfull and adaptative and aaaaaaaaarh that p##$ me off :mad:

Edited by ppavia

Screw them, who cares what they think. I'd think it was fixed.

Seriously, an above poster said pretty much what I think. This is one of the most open ended gaming experiences I've ever had. Without this mod, arma 3 would be useless to me.

There isn't anything out there, game or mod, that encapsulates what this mod is. Full scale war from the tiniest of micro all the way to macro. Oh yeah and it's all dynamic, not a strict scripted linear corridor, the battle going on and skirmishes and EVERYTHING is basically organic.

Be proud that you capture, what games can only do in tightly scripted moments, in a totally dynamic setting. On the battlefield it's just like one of those dumb scenes in a Call of Duty campaign where you go down a tight corridor shooting some kind of terrorist while a giant battle rages on all around you, scripted.

Can I just say again... THIS MOD IS LIKE THOSE MOMENTS IN FPS SINGLE PLAYER WITH A GIANT BATTLE... EXCEPT YOU ARE ACTUALLY IN IT.

Edited by foodstuffs

You should add a donation link to your sig SaOk, I'd give you something for your efforts. I know no amount would be relative to the amount of work you've put in, but you deserve something nonetheless.

Hello, I am sorry to say but I am done unless BIS desides I am worthy to the community and will fully compensate the robbed TOP2 position. Will else be impossible to continue. I wont be ignored like this after givin my best, working like insane for near a year for the competition. I believe I would have had still much to offer for dynamic SP sandbox genre, WLA is nowhere near finished. I would have accepted the loss if I would have gathered only similar amount of votes than 2. and 3. place winners, but with 2.5x its unacceptable.

You can support me by trying to contact BIS on Twitter and via other other channels, still keep it fully civil. I am still fan of the studio and the game.

Meanwhile I continue expanding the WLA SP (COOP will be halted) in private to have big update if the justice is done. Very deeply sorry to let you down like this, but this is the only way to have some possible pressure on BIS.

I'm surprised you didn't win but the winners have been chosen and i don't think you'll get very far trying to change their minds tbh, there was a lot of other good stuff that didn't win aswell. But if you decide to halt developement then i'd understand because i cant imagine how many hours have been put into this. For what its worth i don't think BIS have declared you "not worthy" to the community because they chose other missions.

... BI only made up a third of the jury, although there was a former dev among the rest, so it was entirely possible for them to have gotten outvoted. (Each jurist got twenty points to allocate within SP however they chose, and the placings went to the three SP missions with the highest totals across all jurists.)

i still dont understand... i play this game since flashpoint 1 ... and from my memory there is no mission like yours... Hard to forgot this kind of deception, but be sure your a very very good programmer saok

coflash have a good idea . I dont have a credit card but i can organise do give somthing cause you deserve it.

I will try to find a bis post to search why you didnt win, we must ACCEPT but i want to understant why :rolleyes:

Do you know why ? they give you reasons ?

i have some ideas but ... :o

I will try to find a bis post to search why you didnt win, we must ACCEPT but i want to understant why :rolleyes:
The answer was right above your post...

Even if BI is more comfortable with this style of mission, they (the current BI guys, as one of the other eight is a former dev) held only a third of the votes.

Hello, I am sorry to say but I am done unless BIS desides I am worthy to the community and will fully compensate the robbed TOP2 position. Will else be impossible to continue. I wont be ignored like this after givin my best, working like insane for near a year for the competition. I believe I would have had still much to offer for dynamic SP sandbox genre, WLA is nowhere near finished. I would have accepted the loss if I would have gathered only similar amount of votes than 2. and 3. place winners, but with 2.5x its unacceptable.

You can support me by trying to contact BIS on Twitter and via other other channels, still keep it fully civil. I am still fan of the studio and the game.

Meanwhile I continue expanding the WLA SP (COOP will be halted) in private to have big update if the justice is done. Very deeply sorry to let you down like this, but this is the only way to have some possible pressure on BIS.

:(

Add a donation buttons if we can support you we will

I'm surprised you didn't win but the winners have been chosen and i don't think you'll get very far trying to change their minds tbh, there was a lot of other good stuff that didn't win aswell. But if you decide to halt developement then i'd understand because i cant imagine how many hours have been put into this. For what its worth i don't think BIS have declared you "not worthy" to the community because they chose other missions.

Agreed with the above.

All you're proving by throwing your toys out of the pram is that you were only doing this for the money that came with winning. I can only imagine your disappointment, but to quit the community all together seems rather childish.

Getting in touch with BIS wont change anything. I can't imagine they will receive your emails/tweets/forum PMs/whatever and go, "Hey, this guy is angry with the decisions our independent jury made, lets reverse the decision and award the prize to him to 'compensate' him". As for the last sentence of the quote, which is borderline blackmail for the community, good luck with that...

Edited by Jackal326