SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Havent forgotten the maps and mod support updates. Just bit middle of tweaking. ;)

Do you think you could transport it to Chenaurus? Be great to play it in the countryside?

Its already compatible with Chernarus, the maps supported are in the first post.

With actual version dead bodys seems not to be removed. After a larger fight i had over 50 dead units. So i tried to delete those bodies with MCC body remover, didnt work too. Strange ^^

New SP WLA update (dropbox only, steam upload failed but the map support was only addition anyway). Added support for Sauerland and Reshmaan. ;)

Will check the dead bodies, those should get deleted normally.

Omg, sauerland and Reshmaan. Thx dude.

need to redownload AIA Tp i guess,, hope Sauerland didnt need AiATP, i ll try it now

Thanks for more updates SaOk! Not being able to remove waypoints set for friendly platoons have been bugging me for a while, wonderful to see it fixed.

I am trying the mission out on good old Chernarus at the moment and having a blast.

Although I have had some things spawning outside the actual map on the flat unedited plain in the west of Chernarus. An enemy platoon or two as well as friendlies retreating there. Not a huge deal but a little annoying.

Also, the tire repair villager mission seems a little buggy. Sometimes it has just completed automatically without me having to repair any tires, other times I have had to "steal" the car before my engineer would be able to repair it. The villager's cat deserves this mission to be fixed. ;)

SaOk, marvelous work.

Btw I noticed that doing fast travel randomizes your AI squadmates' weapons. It didnt used to do this in previous versions..

can you check it out?

Also, a more general question, can we edit the 'default' startup setting of WLA?

During the startup menu, there's a dropdown menu that seems intended for choosing

preset settings but at this moment there's only the default setting. It'd be great if we

can save presets, makes starting up the mission a lot faster. Or if you already built the

functionality but it's just dumb ol' me who have no clue how to do it, pls enlighten!

Cheers

Is there a simple way to heal the whole squad? If not, is it possible to have the Medical Post have an action to heal the squad+You? I am finding it very rare that a medic joins the team during reinforcements, however i could always manually recruit one...

Also for the cities that have the medical specialty, how do you get them to heal you? I thought i red this somewhere that you can do this but i think i might be missing something. Never can figure it out.

Thanks.

Uploaded hotfix. Old posts were howering in air if loading/saving and loading again.

Making it possible to select own made mod templates from start options would be nice. I wil add that when reworking the mod section. Before that checking the random weapons after fast-travel. Medical post would be nice too. In medical specialty cities you might be able to call medic via 5-1 but not sure if it works.

Edit: New update again with more tweaks.

Edited by SaOk

Hi SaOk, loving the mission! But i'm having trouble getting my mortars to work. I call it in through the Shift-6 hotkey, but nothing happens, the menu just closes. What exactly do i need to do to get it working?

If you can selected the ammo type then the strike should appear after some half min delay. Once it failed for me too, but most of the times it should work. Will tweak it more, also add proper messages if it fails or works (there should be radio message already if it works).

Edited by SaOk

Not in very hotfix mood today, ;) but updates in day or few again.

A pity you didn't make top 3, though your mod is still awesome, unique, and probably the best dynamic war mission I played in any iteration of Arma and OFP. Hope you can still find energy and joy in modding soon!

Did you test the yesterday later update? It should have fixed the platoon vehicle dissapearing at least partly already.

Really confused how you didn't outright win, i've never heard of the missions is spots #1 or #3 :S

I just watched it too, i am speechless about the final decisions. I dont want to jugde other Sp-Mods/Missions, i played a lot of other missions, no one have so much possibilitys over such a period of time. Ridiculous that u didnt make 1st place, your mission is the most deserved for 1st place

Dissapointed that the player votes didnt have any effect and jury was probably 60-90% casual players if not even that. Its bit like deafmen rating music. They still probably found the quality, but complexity/challenge/"long time to get into" was no go for them which made it very unfair (if they didnt like my bad english, thats even worse). After gathering most player votes and 2.5 times more than 2. and 3. place entries and have spent over 1000 hours creating this consept (basically many times more since first version was in arma2 in 2012 spring), I cant stop feeling insulted even I usually try to look things in positive way. Still not mad to any the winners, but feeling very annoyed that dropped outside of top 3.

Each jury member had 20 votes to give so even if they would have absolutely all hated WLA, with player votes I would have still been in 2. place. Now player opinions had no effect at all. And the whole competition meaning was to have content for players, not for people that dont even play it. I cant accept that the player votes didnt get included.

Edited by SaOk

If this isnt in the top 3 arma missions currently available then theres obviously something i'm missing, they obviously went for campaign styled addons over single player missions. A ridiculous decision not to have this in the top 3, the detail and work put into this is far beyond anything else but there you go.

Appreciate the mission anyway and hope it continues to improve as it has since its release!

Woah not in top 3 MP mode is pretty shocking especially when there's even shared 3rd place :butbut:

/Ooooh I didn't remember that you didn't even get in top 10 in MP... Well SP I can understand because this is more of an MP mode at least for me.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Shocking. One if the first established Arma 3 missions...and a great one

What? You did not win? You gotta be kiddin' me.

I could understand that 1st place went that way because of that Hollywood like campaign I guess... but at least 2nd place! c'mon! Your mission is the best SP I ever played since OFP. WLA has more features and freedom for SP players than the top 3 combined... Why did we vote then in the first place anyway? You had the most votes by far!

Anyway.. Keep up your hard work... its really appreciated by the community. (again your votes!) :mad:

Sorry you did not get the Win my man. Excellent work nonetheless. And thank you on behalf of the community!

What? You did not win? You gotta be kiddin' me.

I could understand that 1st place went that way because of that Hollywood like campaign I guess... but at least 2nd place! c'mon! Your mission is the best SP I ever played since OFP. WLA has more features and freedom for SP players than the top 3 combined... Why did we vote then in the first place anyway? You had the most votes by far!

Anyway.. Keep up your hard work... its really appreciated by the community. (again your votes!) :mad:

The votes got him into the final, the rest is done by the jury.

On a side note, I really need to get into playing this mission, it looks top notch but I've never got round to it.