SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

New WLA SP update: Much optimization/tweaks (including rewritten core for marker platoons). Found one bad FPS drop source it seem. Mission should play much better again, but I keep testing.

NOTE: With current DEV-build, virtual arsenal may get stucked.

Sorry for FPS drop issue. Seems like there was some strange conflict with some AI funcs. Made some tweaks (adding some missing local variables in private, delays and isnull checks) and playing good so far.

Since a few of your mission updates there is something i dont like. I think that this are vehciles which are on Reserve or something. 1 Example: i checking out Area, and from out of nowhere 1 km away spawns a Helo (Orca,Taru) moving in Circles (Loiter command) until it disappears just a couple of seconds later. Another seconds later the same action will start, a Helo spawns for ~5 seconds and disappear for 20 seconds. I thought it was my fault and my AI mods i use, but when i play the mission without AI mods the same action happens too.

I personal dont like this spawn/disappear vehicles all over the map :(

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but when running this mission with RHS I can't seem to get RHS specific gear and ammo drops through the support menu. Am I missing something? It's really tricky to keep my guys equipped with RHS NATO weapons when all I can find is RHS Russian ammo.

Since a few of your mission updates there is something i dont like. I think that this are vehciles which are on Reserve or something. 1 Example: i checking out Area, and from out of nowhere 1 km away spawns a Helo (Orca,Taru) moving in Circles (Loiter command) until it disappears just a couple of seconds later. Another seconds later the same action will start, a Helo spawns for ~5 seconds and disappear for 20 seconds. I thought it was my fault and my AI mods i use, but when i play the mission without AI mods the same action happens too.

I personal dont like this spawn/disappear vehicles all over the map :(

+1

Also, with this, sometimes I will send a UAV to scout ahead and find enemies. I find some, but then by the time my team gets there the enemies have disappeared. It's breaking the immersion.

Will check the marked helo platoons. Could increase the delete radius for air vehicles. But I am afraid that supporting UAV recon can be much more tricky. Consept isnt designed for that except the marked platoons, posts, camps, seized houses should stay right. But additions coming.

RHS crates isnt yet included, but you can get RHS gear in shift+1 gear shops.

Edit: I believe the vanishing choppers are the air support teams and vehicle carriers (still not activate). Will be fixed in next update. Those didnt have the doubled spawn/delete range added (also tweaked the 2x to 2.2x now). Thx for pointing. Vehicle spawn/deleting-loops are needed, else performance dies. You can increase the max vehicle zones setting in shift+1 to have less teams in reserve, but each +1 value increase can make up to 6 more AI vehicles to be spawned.

You can also increase the life range setting to make those zones spawn/delete with bigger radius.

Edited by SaOk

New WLA SP update: More tweaks, added battle log WIP. Accidentally the marked platoons didnt spawn at all in earlier update, its fixed now.

Yes, planning to copy-paste latest SP stuff to COOP during later next month. :) Still features to tweak before that.

Hey SaOk,

I loaded this on Napf per your instructions to just change the PBO name. Loaded but with no spawn points. I spawned in middle of ocean and both airfields are north of map as well. Any fixes for this?

The map support is still buggy in COOP. Will work on it for the update later in april.

The map support is still buggy in COOP. Will work on it for the update later in april.

If you re spawn after loading in for 1st time you can select spawn points. Airfields still off map but otherwise running good for now. Testing now.

New SP WLA update. Recon teams now may call distant mortar/arty support in virtual battles, player can see CSAT post/platoon data if recon/UAV team is nearby, also corrected the wall bonus (it wasnt working yet earlier - had bug) and fortress type now give different default bonus. +much tweaks

Edit: Quick upload.

Edit2: Another quick update with more tweaks.

Edited by SaOk

Vzones=Vehicle Zones:

defines the maximun ammount of vehicles being spawned.

To turn off fatigue:

Shift+1 > options > fatigue [disabled] = done :)

Using Helos and Jets is in actual Version suicide ^^ 10 seconds after lift off with Helo a Ton of Vehicles spawns, impossible to survive 30 seconds :butbut:

This mission need noobie start guide cause I am so lost right now, playing it for first time ;)

But it looks very, very cool!

This mission need noobie start guide cause I am so lost right now, playing it for first time ;)

But it looks very, very cool!

Took me a few attempts to trying it over and over, but now that I got the hang of it, awesome freaking mission. Hang in there and expect to fail and try over multiple times :)

New SP WLA update: All created objects have now correct offsets (especially sandbags) + other tweaks.

NOTE: New corrections are compatible with old saves, but new created objects to old posts will have uncorrect spawning.

Thanks, I try to add more guidance time to time. Some key methods to survive is to gather items from houses with Y-key, create guardposts with shift+C and use mortar/arty call shift+6. But overally its free for player to decide what to do.

Edited by SaOk

Thanks Mith! So is it like life range then, more zones, harder on the CPU? I've been having slowdown issues with WLA and not sure what it is. I might try disabling all my mods and maybe a fresh install if that doesn't work.

Thanks Mith! So is it like life range then, more zones, harder on the CPU? I've been having slowdown issues with WLA and not sure what it is. I might try disabling all my mods and maybe a fresh install if that doesn't work.

Idk what are your specs but i dont feel a huge impact when i use Veh Zones at 5, in general WLA is pretty well optimized and from time to time and build to build (arma official updates) the whole thing suffer some kind of slow downs or stutters, but Sa0k gonna fix it sooner or later, like ALLWAYS (you'll see haha)

Try to disable any mod that adds some kind of "ambience" like TPW... u dont need that in WLA.

If u use many "custom weapons addons" go to: Shift+1 > Options > Randoms Weapons AI > Enabled and have fun scavenging those weapons

Life Range > Normal (i think what if you go too high with this it will hit your performance very hard)

Long Walls > Disabled (AI mods going to thank you for keeping it disabled :P

Ambient Life > Half (if u play on altis) go "normal" or "double" if u play on takistan/bornholm/chernarus <- the less the betther perf...

Animal > Disabled (less poly to draw, more fps) but keeping it enabled dont kill nothing.

If any of the "new" players, use some kind of mod that add a Medical system (like CSE or AGM) go to: Shift+1 > Options > Respawn > OLD 'for mods' if u dont do that, the medical system of the mod (CSE or AGM) will conflict with WLA scripts and you will be inconciuos forever (this happens with AGM) and if u hit "respawn" it will cause to mission to end...

i have 16g ram i7 3820 3.6ghz and gtx 970

I was using AGM I didn't know about the med system thing, however I had removed the medical portion of AGM. Definitely mods causing issues because I disabled all of them except for MCC and it's working fine now. I'm at 50% life however Ill probably get rid of animals. I'll have go through them and find the ones causing issues or lessen the ones im using.

Edited by Evmeister88

New SP WLA update. More tweaking - including waypoint removing again works for platoons, added waypoint guide to map view and player shouldnt be able to add objects no longer to old dated posts (to avoid position conflict with the new corrections).

Havent forgotten the maps and mod support updates. Just bit middle of tweaking. ;)