SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Can I donate some money to you for a WLS version?

These additions on a map like that, a map with a decent frame rate, would be AMAZING.

Thanks :) updated WLS is in plans but will be later this year (maybe summer). I am looking for one FPS drop issue - diag_fps gets down to 20FPS usually when moving over quite big distances. Will try to find what causes it. Didnt yet find loops that could get stucked, but having some other theories to check. Hope to get rid of the issue as soon as possible if its possible.

New WLA SP update. More tweaks, maybe got rid the diag_FPS drop some bit. It still appear when pathfinding is doing heavy work (playing FPS still stays good), but gets back to normal after sometime. More tweaking soon again.

Works great for me now, though I only play on Chernarus. I just played for ~3hrs and the FPS was still fine.

Update 1.40 propably broke some of the AI mods i use, Enemy AI isnt pushing permanentley like they do in Version 1.38

New SP WLA update. More tweaks - you can now use mil center in NATO/Green Camps too, platoon creating is limited also now By mission progress (before you could make NATO platoons from start), added purple marker for platoons that have currently pathfinding in works, camp capturing works virtually now better + much other small tweaks.

are saves from past patches compatible with newer versions of the mod?

Is there no wounding or medical script in the latest version? It would be really great to have A3 wounding built into the map.

Yes, the custom save made in shift+1 menu, shift+1 options autosave or 0-0-0 (all except save made in esc-menu) can be always loaded by restarting mission and continue mission progres at mission start. Even the saves made when the function was included, should still load.

Somekind of wounding/revive script would be nice. May work on it at some point.

Do you add some fresh maps this week to the mission?

btw: i noticed some behaviour from the Enemy AI on maps which have no pathifindings into buildings (Panthera, Isla Duala etc)

As known i cant move my Teammates into buildings. But the strange thing i noticed was when i was searching for a good spot to snipe a little bit. The enemy has surrounded me and then i couldnt belive what i´ve seen^^ A whole group of CSAT Clowns easily get into building and comes upstairs to finde me (they all died of course, planted some mines on stairs) but this action was happen all the time when a new group arrived. They always get into building and comes upstairs. Now i wonder why they can and my AI mates cant^^

I asked already IceBreakr, maybe he knows a solution for this behaviour ^^

Hi SaOk!

Thanks for building the greatest Arma 3 Sandbox mission available for Arma 3 to date! I have a couple of questions for you:

1) Can you build in a solid way to restart the map or provide instruction on how to do so?

I have tried many different ways like deleting the map from my Steam subscribed items and resubscribing, downloading the map manually and launching it from the MPMissions folder all to no avail. I am assuming that I am not deleting a database that is stored somewhere...I have tried setting the auto save to never but that doesn't work either. Maybe you could add an reset game option?

2) When going undercover, could you add an alert or message that states you are in undercover mode?

3) My teammates and I were unable to scrap vehicles near the factory we had taken over.

Maybe we could work together to make a video tutorial that highlights all the great features on this map and how to use them. I really love this map!

Thanks again!

Hillbro

I try to add finally new map support very soon, but could have some small delays in updates for next 10 days - reviewing cities skylines and its very addictive game. :) The AI units getting in buildings could be partly game AI pathfinding issue. Sometimes when trying to get team-mates in vehicle they go walk in houses instead. Still nice if they get in houses more easily. Game update probably will have effect on that.

Thanks :), you can restart in scenarios menu, then at mission start choose to start new game. If there is some options missing, make sure you have the new game update. Sometimes the update might be blocked if some game files have got corrupted (issue only if not using SSD), then better to verify arma3 files By right clicking arma3 in steam -> properties -> few pages right. When in undercover, you can see detection state on up screen. Sound effects and better warning symbols could be nice, may work on that. Scrapping should wok, when first right clicking at the vehicle so its revealed for sure, then press Y-key (or rare Z-key with certain keyboards). You need to be next to the factory and have the vehicle very close (or if this issue was in COOP, it might be still bit broken).

I hope to add more guidance and tutorials at some point, but still much is WIP. Need to focus mostly to add more/tweak current features still. Updates probably coming through this year, and why not the next year too. ;) If the upcoming arma3 expansion map is good, might swich to work on it, but most likely continuening to work on the same concept through the possible new arma titles :) Could always new stories and features to keep it fresh.

@SaOk

I should have been more clear! I only play the coop version with friends. Normally when you select a coop mission when you are hosting a server you can select restart or resume but this map doesn't seem to have that option. Even deleting the mission file didn't do it!

Thanks for replying!

Hillbro

New progress in COOP can be started by disabling the mission progress load in paramaters (role picking lobby) before starting the session. Scraping could be broken in COOP, I will fix it for next update too.

That 4 island map could be nice, but will need to tweak the pathfinding before that to detect islands. Before that sauerland and the ealier other.

Hi Saok i have noted somes bug. i think i have the last version , but if not, excuse me :yay:

i have a liste...sry i want u to win...this mission is wowww.

in order of gravity :cool:

/ all the US army ai say OUT OF AMMO ...every time very very annoying

/ The collision when you build base kill ai and explode vehicule

2 .

/delivery to Atsalis on altis map... is impossible its a island...and i think you cant attache box to boats

/its fun to see Truck in ambush mission, still drive with the dead driver

3. for the rest i dont know cause after a reload, everything was fine.

/dialog with civilian bug and unsyncho, cause accidental mission aceptance.

/tips dosent appear when H key pressed

and somtimes... i have some trouble with save and reload...but i must take more time to test...

so i hope that will help u to win the prize

sry for my english and GOOD LUCK

/ all the US army ai say OUT OF AMMO ...every time very very annoying

That usually happens because the unit is spawned with a pistol and only one clip for it. You can either give them more clips, have them rearm at a box/vehicle with the right ammo, or Open Subordinate's Inventory and just drag/drop their pistol into their vest/backpack. A quick status check (5-5) will then get rid of the out of ammo status and they'll stop spamming you about low ammo. This will also sometimes happen with certain launchers.

@SaOk

Thank you so much! Finally we can restart!

I can confirm that the scrapping vehicles at the factory IS WORKING in CoOp (1-8 players). It only works on certain sides of the factory...my guess is that you are using a radius of the building location that is not quite at the center.

Disabling AI Artillery does NOT work in CoOp (1-8 players). Have tested this over multiple sessions. Even tried disabling it before I launched the map on a fresh start.

It would be awesome to be able to disable the Arma 3 Fatigue system and modify view distance.

Thank you SaOk!!

Hillbro

Edited by hillbro

Hello, When update you the multiplayer version ? I need play this mission with 40 players :p

That usually happens because the unit is spawned with a pistol and only one clip for it. You can either give them more clips, have them rearm at a box/vehicle with the right ammo, or Open Subordinate's Inventory and just drag/drop their pistol into their vest/backpack. A quick status check (5-5) will then get rid of the out of ammo status and they'll stop spamming you about low ammo. This will also sometimes happen with certain launchers.

The first bit is untrue, they complain about low ammo even when they have a fully stocked up kit. For what reason i don't know but its definitely not because they are low on ammo most of the time. The status check thing is good advice though.

i dont know if this is only happening to me, but for some reason, the latest version of WLA, keeps crashing when i start the mission with mods, like it runs fine when i dont have any mods activated, but as soon as i turn on 1 mod, it dies when i click continue with old save, the list of the mods i run will be listed below, do note that the previous version of WLA worked with no issues.

@ASDG_JR

@Blastcore-A3-Phoenix

@DragonFyre

@Mao

@vdebug

@TPW_MODS

@CBA_A3

@RH Acc

@SaOk

@Blastcore-Tracers

@RAM

@bCombat-0.18

@smarter_tanks

@sakumods

@WW_AICOVER

@RHSAFRF

@RHSUSF

@RPA_Refined_Vehicles

@Vcom_Driving

@TEC_CSAT

i have never experienced any issues with any of these mods in previous versions of WLA.

Edited by CrazyChrisX
forgot 1 addon i was running.

Honestly it sounds like its a mod issue. I have probably about 35 mods running and the mission (1-8 Player Coop) runs perfectly fine. It is going to be a pain but you need to enable one mod at a time and figure out what mod is causing the crash. Also specify which mission you are running.

SaOk, some suggestions for performance:

-Don't make civilians spawn into military zones (other than helping a bit with FPS it also makes sense);

-Have an option to disable ambient furniture spawning;

-After capturing a base, the military furniture should only change after you are far away from the base. Having all that stuff despawn and spawn in front of you not only breaks immersion, it also makes the game stutter a lot.

Thanks :) you can carry crates with choppers using slingloading.

MP update later in spring probably april, but want to update SP before still much more.

Cant help with crashes much, mission should be stable without mods. Else impossible to know what causes crash unless there is some insane accidental heavy loop.

Have tried to move civs away from military zones, but they always return. ;) But spotted that too, there is some structures that arent yet blacklisted for house items that also spawn the sitting civs.

Have been planning to remove the seen despawn/spawn for camps in near update.